Author Topic: Soft Drinks - What's Your Pleasure?  (Read 21012 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2005, 03:03 PM »
I also really dig Coke Zero, really, really dig it

Really?

I don't really like the artificial sweetners in Diet Coke, and C2 was awfu (if I wanted to mix Diet Coke and Coke, I'd do it myself :-X). 

I've heard mixed results of this Zero stuff, some love it others hate it.   :-\

I meant to buy some to try it for myself, but I've been too lazy to do it...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2005, 03:45 PM »
It tastes a lot like Coke, there is definitely some of the Sweetner taste there but it much more hidden.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #47 on: August 3, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Morgbug: In Canuckia Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi? Interesting, since Dr. P is produced by the same company that makes 7-UP, which is definitely not a part of the Pepsi Company.

The two largest Pepsi bottlers in North America are The Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas, togther they are responsible for about 85% of the Pepsi sold in the USA and Canada.

Both of these companies also bottle for the Dr.Pepper/7-Up company as well, which is why you ofter see one of the other's name on the bottles.

PepsiCo, Inc. holds approximately 43.7 percent equity interest in The Pepsi Bottling Group.
PepsiCo, Inc. holds approximately 41.4 percent equity interest in PepsiAmericas.

So, while PepsiCo doesn't actually own 7-Up/Dr. Pepper, they do own a HUGE percent of the companies that bottle and sell those products.

Ahhh I see, very interesting that the bottling companies would take the product name, yet not be solely owned by PepsiCo.

As for me, I like Coke.

If I go to a restaurant and order a Coke and the waitress says "Is Pepsi OK?"  I'm a big enough jerk to say "no it isn't" and then I often go for a root beer instead of drinking Pepsi...  :P

I get pissed off when they try to pass Pepsi off as Coke. Like I can tell by the taste when I'm served Pepsi despite ordering a Coke. The problem it's now common for people to refer to colas as the generic "coke" as opposed to the specific product Coke I usually send the Pepsi back, cause I refuse to drink that swill. :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 3, 2005, 12:54 AM »
i like pepsi for sum reason  ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 3, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Have any of you not drank a soda for a day or two and then get a massive headache? I have on may occations. That's why I stopped drinking soda.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 8, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Coke!  I despise Pepsi.  I can SMELL the difference!  I also like Dr. Pepper and Rootbeer.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 9, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Classic Coke. But I can't diss Pepsi too much because Mountain Dew is my second fav drink. One reason I despise all Pepsi products besides Mountain Dew is it copies everything Coke does. Example: Coke makes Vanilla Coke, two months later, Pepsi makes pepsi vanilla. The Pepsi executives, having the brain of baboons, cannot think of anything original. And they were the same geniuses who made up that crazy PepsiBlue.

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Thumbs up for Pepsi...

Thumbs down for Coke...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Hands down any flavor of Coke beats Pepsi.

I just tried one for the first time yesterday and it suprisingly does really taste like Coke.  Plus there's hardly any weird diety after taste.  Tastes much better than the Diet Coke I've been drinking for the past few years.  Has anyone tried the Coke with the Splenda sweetner?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2005, 10:44 AM »

I just tried one for the first time yesterday and it suprisingly does really taste like Coke.

I picked up a 12-pack of Coke Zero (C0:P) last night.  There is one can in the fridge right now waiting for me to try tonight when I get home from work...

I've been preferring Coke (classic) for at least 20 years that I can remember, or at least since the New Coke disaster.  I hate Diet Coke with a passion - the diety after-taste is just gross. 

I guess it will be an interesting experiment to see if this Coke Zero stuff tastes OK to me or not... 

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2005, 11:04 AM »
I think you'll be pleased Jeff.  I used to hate the diety aftertaste as well, but I guess after drinking so much of it I've become used to it.  But Coke Zero is a very nifty product.  I couldn't get over how much (and keep in mind I drink pretty much only diet soda now) it tasted like Coke Classic.  It was sort of freaky really, no calories and it tasted that good.  It's a great mixer with Rum, one place I still can't tolerate diet sodas. 

Still addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, would love to be drinking Coke Classic but when I drink a diet cola, it's diet pepsi :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I found C0 to be a good mixer with Whiskey as well...I think its great

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Pepsi.  Always.

I was very happy back in 1997 when the SW SEs were coming out, and Lucasfilm had all of their tie-ins with Pepsi product!

I like coke in a can, but that's it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Still addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, would love to be drinking Coke Classic but when I drink a diet cola, it's diet pepsi :-\

I love Diet Vanilla Cherry Dr. Pepper - yummy! :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Coca-Cola Blâk to Debut in 2006

"Coca-Cola Blâk is an invigorating and stimulating blend that has a perfect balance of the effervescent taste sensation of Coca-Cola and natural flavors, with real coffee. "

Wow!  I'll finally be able to combine my love for Coke with my love for coffee.   :D