Author Topic: Brian's toys  (Read 1825 times)

Offline MattCBR

• Youngling
  • on FB as MattCBR
    • View Profile
Brian's toys
« on: August 1, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Just thought I'd give a review on brianstoys.com on a transaction that could have been a bad experience.

On 7-25-12 I ordered a C-9 red card POTF (hologram) storm trooper MOC for $18 shipped... I recieved a C-9 red card POTF (non-hologram) storm trooper.

I e-mailed their customer service and a gal named Heather promptly responded, looked into trying to mail me the right figure, and e-mailed me the next day and apologized that it was actually sold out. She gave me a full refund and said I could keep the figure that was mistakenly sent to me.

It sucks the online store wasn't up to date, but I'm impressed with the customer service.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Brian's toys
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2012, 01:52 AM »
Brian's takes some flak on sites, but IMO they've always been good to me.  I've bought off them in the past and they're prompt and professional about correspondence.  I've sold a little to them in the past too when I had extra to unload and nobody interested. 

Can't complain here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2012, 03:11 PM »
I'll vouch for Brians Toys as well. I recently sold a few figures to them, and they offered a fair price and even paid for shipping. Payment and communication was made in a timely manner. I knew ordering from them was fine due to past experiences, but this was my first time selling to them and I was pleased with the experience.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2012, 03:35 PM »
I "grew up" on Brian's Toys before I figured out eBay and other online sites in the early 00's.  I just moved to WI and it felt just kinda cool there was this Big Toy Store not far from where I lived.  Granted some of their stuff may be overpriced, but I got most if not all of my POTF2 stuff from them at mostly bargain prices back then (didn't start collecting SW until after 2000)  I think I even spoke with Brian once or twice regarding some orders that weren't received in good shape and he took care of me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN