Author Topic: The Gimmick that WOULD have worked...  (Read 14889 times)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
Re: The Gimmick that WOULD have worked...
« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I am totally with ya, but wishful thinking, I am afraid.

Yep, let the debate continue.  I want to see both a nice SA set of a basic line, and a 3-3/4" scale Unleashed line.  Not that they couldn't do the old 7" scale too, I never said to take that away.  But if they're going to go away from it, why not try something like that, so we can build our armies the easy way?

Just get rid of those damn Choppers and Transformers, they're taking up too much space and not selling worth a damn.  At least we know that an Unleashed style of 3-3/4" scale figures would sell.  I'd be willing to be that those against it would be praising it if it were done because you could have both SA figures for poseability plus you could have some for the extreme poses.  I'd be all for that if they did it with some army builders for expanding dioramas and a few movie scenes with a nice diorama base.

:P
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 09:36 AM »
How about plastic strong enough to keep it's shape even when subjected to that mysterious force known as gravity? Plastic that isn't trying to become a liquid, and knee joints. Those would be some cool gimmicks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Stronger Plastic on Battle Droids would be great.

Got a PM about some of these from Obi Dad... and I really liked the ideas sent to me.

Funeral Qui Gon - I could live with it, with a cool seated few Jedi around him.  And this symbolized Anakin's beginnings as a Jedi.

Funeral Padme - Morbid I know, but if you are into dioramas, this could be the set for it.  Finally get her family maybe too.  Big moment here as it symbolizes Anakin's downfall.

Funeral Vader - Hey, why not?  Anything Vader sells.  A pyre w/ flames and a Jedi Luke standing in front of it.  Heck it symbolized the end of Anakin's darkness.  Pretty big moment here.

And of course trooper builders would go over well like this.  Some may disagree, but for those that don't like them, don't worry they wouldn't pegwarm.

:P

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 12:56 AM »
I'd buy it!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38 PM »
I had to post this custom that a new member in the customs forum posted that he did.  This is kind of what I would like to see when I say a 3-3/4" scale Unleashed Line could be cool.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 01:28 AM »
That with 2 nicely articulated "battledamaged" figures would be great...  Not in the Unleashed style though with pre-posed figures.  SA Luke and Ani Mustafar Duel figures would be quite nice with a base like that though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I'd be all for bases like that. It reminds me of the Walmart Trash Compactor sets. I really liked the detail that went into them and it was really unfortunate that the idea morphed into generic 3 packs with accessories like it did.