Author Topic: Bald or grey?  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Bald or grey?
« Reply #15 on: February 1, 2006, 01:20 AM »
I'll go gray long before I go bald.

I have the hair genes of my mother's side. My grandfather passed away at 80 with a full head of hair, and not all of it was gray.

However, I'm a blonde, so I'll go gray quickly, when it starts to happen.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I've had baby thin hair all my life which in itself sucks, but I had some long locks back in high school that I was quite proud of even if it was thin.  I also was told by many that I'd be bald by 18. 

Well it's been 10 years and I still have most of my hair, though it continues to thin (on the top only) and the years of stress I put on my body has caused quite a bit of grey to sprout up (on the sides only). 

So I'm just waiting till it thins out a bit more to go with the que ball look.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Since I have long locks myself, I think I'll go with gray
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2006, 09:57 AM »
A man need look only as far as his maternal grandfather to get a good idea of his hair future.  Genetically speaking -- if your mom's father was bald/prematurely grey chances are pretty good you will be too.  As a woman, I think the key is for you guys to wear it with confidence.  I like the attitude a lot of you guys have shown in that you won't mess around with comb-overs and the Micheal Bolton bald on top, long on bottom dumbassness ::)  Baldness can be very sexy -- so can a head full of grey on a younger man.  Look at Anderson Cooper -- he's one of the hottest things going right now :)  Confidence is sexy -- not hair -- or lack thereof! ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2006, 11:12 AM »
My Mother's Dad(grandfather) was balding in his early 20's, by his 60's he had a slick back few hairs that were white and when the wind blew there was a few 6 inch white strands wisping up there. So I guess you could call it a 'comb back' not 'comb over'. I'm really in no danger of losing my hair(although my kids WILL be hitting their teens soon) but have plenty of silvery/white right now-And I'm way past the point my grandfather got hit with his hair loss. Wouldn't mind a full head of silver/white at all :).

This is why I never believed in the " you follow your maternal grandfather side for hair loss" BS-which is exactly what that is ...ole wive's tale BS. ::) Heard many doctors say that "isn't an exact science"--IMO it isn't exact science?then it isn't fact!

I certainly don't look at whether I have hair or if I'm confident in my hair to be a factor of what is sexy-Inward, I don't care what's sexy-I don't TRY to impress anyone. Outward, I do look at other things and deem them "attractive/unattractive". Impressing others?...beyond it.

"what's sexy/not sexy" ..how you should feel 'confidence' is good info for someone in their early 20's. Don't get me wrong I'd still like to get some but I'm not some "walking hard-on hormone person" like I was in my early 20's. I'm quite beyond that now and don't require any "tips" ::)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 1, 2006, 11:21 AM »
My Mother's Dad(grandfather) was balding in his early 20's, by his 60's he had a slick back few hairs that were white and when the wind blew there was a few 6 inch white strands wisping up there. So I guess you could call it a 'comb back' not 'comb over'. I'm really in no danger of losing my hair(although my kids WILL be hitting their teens soon) but have plenty of silvery/white right now-And I'm way past the point my grandfather got hit with his hair loss. Wouldn't mind a full head of silver/white at all :).

This is why I never believed in the " you follow your maternal grandfather side for hair loss" BS-which is exactly what that is ...ole wive's tale BS. ::) Heard many doctors say that "isn't an exact science"--IMO it isn't exact science?then it isn't fact!

I certainly don't look at whether I have hair or if I'm confident in my hair to be a factor of what is sexy-Inward, I don't care what's sexy-I don't TRY to impress anyone. Outward, I do look at other things and deem them "attractive/unattractive". Impressing others?...beyond it.

"what's sexy/not sexy" ..how you should feel 'confidence' is good info for someone in their early 20's. Don't get me wrong I'd still like to get some but I'm not some "walking hard-on hormone person" like I was in my early 20's. I'm quite beyond that now and don't require any "tips" ::)

What in the world gave you the impression that I was talking to you? ::)  I would never dream of giving you any "tips"  -- you obviously don't need them -- what with all of your charm and winning ways :P
« Last Edit: February 1, 2006, 11:25 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 1, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Back to the topic. . . .

I think when I grow old I'm going to let my silvery hair grow out long and straight like an exiled Shaolin master from old martial arts movies ;)

...or could that be like my postman :-\ ?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 1, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Bald or bust baby!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2006, 07:10 PM »
You used a cleanser to shave your head?  What'd you do, dissolve it all away?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 1, 2006, 08:39 PM »
I'd chose bald. Then I could substitute shampoo for Turtle Wax.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2006, 08:43 PM »
You used a cleanser to shave your head?  What'd you do, dissolve it all away?
;D ;D ;D
I know, I know...I shouldn't be laughing my ass off here and encourage him more, Jesse, but I just can't help it.  ;D
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2006, 09:03 PM »
You used a cleanser to shave your head? What'd you do, dissolve it all away?

It was a side effect.  I didn't have a brush and needed to clean the toilet bowl.

BTW, thanks for nothing, Beth.  >:(   ;)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2006, 09:29 PM »
It looks pretty good Jesse -- but what the hell is that thing sticking out of your right ear? ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 1, 2006, 09:31 PM »
It looks pretty good Jesse -- but what the hell is that thing sticking out of your right ear? ;)

I don't like to talk about it.  I'm very self conscious about my TV antenna birth defect.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 1, 2006, 09:34 PM »

I don't like to talk about it.  I'm very self conscious about my TV antenna birth defect.

The Aurra Sing experiment gone horribly wrong.

I'd bet it'd win first place in the Rebelscum Halloween Costume Contest. ;)