Author Topic: Rebel Transport  (Read 6767 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Rebel Transport
« on: April 6, 2005, 03:20 PM »
This is one of the few vintage items I'd like to get a hold of another one as I fondly remember it as a kid and think it would look great in a modern era diorama...

Anyone know of any place to get a hold of one?  Or should I just try ebay?  It wouldn't need to be in perfect condition as I would probably repaint it a lot.

:P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Rebel Transport
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 11:47 PM »
I think ebay is your best bet with this.  Just make sure it has all the parts, I got one a while back and it was missing the small black hatch at the bottom.  :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2005, 03:57 AM »
I've been looking for a loose complete Rebel Transport for quite awhile and can never find one on ebay. There's always something missing from it, or it's so horribly yellow I wouldn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole. If you have the money for it, I'd suggest looking for a MIB Transport. That way you should be assured you're getting a complete piece. Plus you'll have a kickass vintage box :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Unfortunalty the plastic does turn yellow and finding one complete is real tuff unless you want to spent some good coin. If your lucky and spot one, you can grab it for a cheap bin but you have to be on the ball. Loose can fetch up to $50.00 and with the box can go higher.

You mentioned that you may repaint it so yellowing is not a factor, having all the parts is.

Offline Mandalorian

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I bought one on ebay with the same idea in mind.  The person scammed me though and showed me a picture that was different from the actual item.  It was clean in the pic but it was actually yellow and very, very dirty.  Needless to say I had to clean it.  It still did not come off so I have to repaint the entire thing. 
Long story short, if you go ebay, make sure you get what you pay for. 
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 12:32 PM by Mandalorian »
"If I was Fett I would hunt JarJar first and cut out his tongue!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys.  The vintage market is something I haven't been into since I was a kid.   :)

If I am able to score one, I will post pics.

:P

Offline Ian_C

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Bothan Spy
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I've been in the market for a Transport for ages, but like others have said, finding a mint, complete one is difficult.  They tend to go a little higher than I'm prepared to spend right now.

Ian
Moderator - www.thebothanspy.com
Former Admin - www.snowtroopers.ca

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 11:35 AM »
I just scored my first one, loose, from ebay last year. It was in great shape and it cost under $20 shipped. I love it. Why can't they make modern toys like this?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 08:35 PM »
The guns/turrets are usually missing, and yeah this ones an easy victim of yellowing, vintage prices seem to be up right now as is usually the case around a movie relase year.

There's a couple boxed versions, Yellow and blue I believe.  A very simple but a great vintage piece, some of the ROTJ playsets/ships are my favs.

The vintage playsets and ships were awesome, a shame to see very few new playsets made, but it makes the vintage playsets more desireable IMO.  At least they roll some ships out here and there.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Vint Rebel Transport
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 09:56 PM »
If I had the money I would get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5987488167&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

$60.00 seems like a decent price...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Vint Rebel Transport
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 10:22 PM »
With the box it's not too bad, though I'd prefer a better box myself.  Without the box, $60 is high, IMO. 

I picked one up in a "lot" and promptly resold it.  It was nice and complete, but I didn't want a ship without a box for it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Not bad but check completed auctions, they have gone for less.   ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I think I picked up mine for $20 Loose/complete on e-bay. I'm very happy with it, great way to hold extra vintage figures.

I really wish I had one growing up, it seems to have tons of play value if not for the storage capacity alone.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 10:01 AM »
I still have mine from when I was a kid.

The problem is that the upper shell seems to have yellowed A LOT and gotten brittle. It has snapped in a couple of spots.

Anyone else experience this?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 01:47 PM »
The problem is that the upper shell seems to have yellowed A LOT and gotten brittle. It has snapped in a couple of spots.

Unfortunately, I've never had one of these.  But I have a similar problem with my ISP-6 mini-rig - the cockpit roof has become quite brittle.