Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64045 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Ok, I accept I misread your post.  But I never expected an immediate result from the trade anyway. 

The point of mine (not directed at you) still bears merit. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Big special thanks to Brent for (temporarily...) helping me get out of last place.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2006, 08:06 AM »
Chris banged me out of first - hats off to him his pitching is phenomenal and unfortunately Randy Johnson and Felix Hernandez both got shelled yesterday and temporarily destroyed my stronghold on ERA and WHIP.  What  a mess that was.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2006, 11:40 PM »

Best pitcher on the local club?  We might see real soon :-*

We already know.

I don't know about that, a lot of the local media are saying Liriano is far and away better than Santana at the same stage and is an injury away from being able to really show his stuff. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2006, 12:02 AM »
If Liriano does enter the rotation, and you're right about him possibly being better than Santana, with Nathan closing and decent offense from Mauer, Morneau, and Hunter....I'm going to have to change my AL Central pick from the Sox to the Twins.  2 Johans is too much to overcome.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Well I was doing okay tonight for the first time in a few days until Rodriguez decided to load up the bases with no one out, get two guys out, and then walk in the tying run.

Then of course, he couldn't pick up a win for me which I'm so desperately needing - he blew the game later on.

Oh, and Glavine pitches 8 fantastic innings only to lose 2-1, and Willis hands over a 8-4 lead in the 7th only to watch the Marlins bullpen blow it.

I can't buy a win.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57 AM »

Offer Kevin a legtimately fair trade that doesn't involve you getting potential top-notch players in exchange for a catcher with a good BA and I won't vote against it.

Okay, trade pending.   Trading my first round franchise player should meet with the league's approval.  1st rounder and a couple role players for his 3rd and 8th rounders.

Hopefully this buries the hatchet with the ugly incident earlier.

:)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:16 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2006, 06:21 PM »

Don't you talk about my mother that way! >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2006, 06:27 PM »

Don't you talk about my mother that way! >:(

Kevin

Oh man, I thought we agreed we were never going to talk about when I came to your house that day last February.

I was talking about our pending deal, dummy.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Deal doesn't bother me really, if Kevin wants to throw guys away, that's up to him and this deal I judge as more fair than the preceding, so I won't stand in the way.

Must say I'm a little baffled as to why Kevin doesn't approach anyone else for trades though :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Deal doesn't bother me really, if Kevin wants to throw guys away, that's up to him and this deal I judge as more fair than the preceding, so I won't stand in the way.

Must say I'm a little baffled as to why Kevin doesn't approach anyone else for trades though :P

Actually, I had my eye on one of your players, but I had PM'd Zod and Scott about this proposale previously.  :-\ I think this one suits me better, and if you'd like, I can PM you the same thing I sent Scott and Rob, and you can decide for yourself.

Also, I'm good friends with Matt, so I guess I'm just inclined to propose somthing his way, or gander at somthing he proposes at me. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2006, 01:48 AM »
That works, whatever is fine by me.  I'm pretty pleased by my pitching right now and think it will only get better in the next while.  I'll suggest I'm surprised by my offense though (and disappointed) though I think it's early for me to worry about being so low in SB at this point.  I'm definitely lacking in RBI/HR/avg, but that may come around in time.  Once Woods or Crisp come off the DL, I'll be in better shape I think

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2006, 10:28 AM »
After the first week I was thrilled with my team's hitting and worried about the pitching - now I've finally gotten some quality starts from what I think is a pretty decent rotation my era and whip are down, wins are up - but strike outs are non-existant.  Meanwhile, Teixeira had what might be his second decent game of the season last night, and Wright has been in a slump for a week or so now.  These guys just aren't hitting very well right now.

I thought I'd drafted sluggers with Teixeira and Jones and Tejada and even Wright - but I'm last in HR's... and my portion of the Yankee outfield has been a relative disappointment.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2006, 12:03 PM »
I think I'm primed to make my permanent run into the 50's now by June 1st and remain there the rest of the season.

2 words:  Jonny Gomes.

He will equal Manny Ramirez.  I believe my offense won't miss a beat without Manny.  Gomes will fill in just like Manny never left.

My rotation would make pitching coaches cream in their pants:

Randy Johnson
Rich Harden
Jake Peavy
Ben Sheets
King Felix
Mark Prior (temporary DL)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:05 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Glad you're happy with where you're at Matt.  I'm not yet ready to panic.  My pitching is doing fine, it's only foible is my desire to keep putting in everyone all the time. 

I'm really down in some of the hitting categories and that's a bit of a surprise.  Lots of guys on my roster in the top 50 and they should yet come around.  Biggest surprise is how poorly I'm doing in the SB category. 

I'm not ready to panic yet though, lots of room to move up.