Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64880 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #210 on: May 6, 2006, 02:53 PM »
My bad. I thought you were spiteful towards me about it. It didn't make much sense to me, because I had gone to a couple of you's about a trade before.

Again, my bad.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 6, 2006, 03:00 PM »
No sweat

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 7, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Geez, is this Fantasy Baseball or Fantasy Football?  Because looking at the list of injuries on my squad, I think these guys are putting on shoulder pads and helmets and fighting for extra yardage after the catch or something.

Gary Sheffield says today that he's likely heading to the 15 day DL because of a left wrist injury he sustained in the collision with Hillenbrand.  Worse yet, he pinch it on Friday and now it can't be retroactive to the date of the injury.

Jorge Cantu still out with a broken foot.

Ben Sheets got scratched from his start today for....well....depends what you read.  One source says he has an upper respiratory infection that normally develops into vestibular neuritis for him, and throws his balance off for a month.  He went on the DL both of the previous seasons with that.   Another source says he shoulder was just sore, and that he's going to start Thursday vs. San Diego.  I am worried about this one.

Rich Harden is going to be out at least a month with his back strain.

Mark Prior has been out since March with a pulled muscle  ???

Carlos Beltran missed 2 weeks of action with a hamstring injury.

I cannot believe my team is holding 49 points in the standings right now.  Looking at the breakdown, I am getting virtually nothing in Wins, WHIP, and ERA, all pitching categories.  If/when my pitching rotation is healthy, I hope by June 1st I have five of my 6 aces firing on all 8 cylinders, I think I'm going to gain about 9 points in the standings at least and be holding down a fat 58 points in the standings.

But for now I'm pretty much ravaged by injuries.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Looks like my guys have decided to keep you company ::)

Contreras suddenly has a pinched nerve and is put on the 15 day DL.  Where'd that come from?  Not at all liking the sound of it.

Fielder is out there now with a 'groin' problem.  If hockey's any indication, that's just not good.  He's supposed to be back in a day or so. 

Wood should come back, but we'll see how he holds up. 

Crisp is still out. 

Then my pitching has gone to ****.  Carpenter is pitching ok, but not getting any wins.  Pettitte just plain sucks and can't win a game.  On top of that, I can't buy a save.  Well, I can, but Street was out for weeks and my other guys just haven't stepped up at all.  And I get to miss at least one start from Contreras as mentioned above, if not 2 or possibly more.  Yeesh. 

Oh, and thus far I'm really ecstatic with Arod's production >:(  I'm sure he'll come around and his numbers aren't really horrible, but for the first pick overall he's been disappointing thus far, relatively speaking.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2006, 10:19 AM »
Oh, and thus far I'm really ecstatic with Arod's production >:(  I'm sure he'll come around and his numbers aren't really horrible, but for the first pick overall he's been disappointing thus far, relatively speaking.

That's how I feel about Texieria - he's doing okay, but no where near as well as I was expecting when I picked him at #4.

Rolen and Helton were both sick and Roberts is out with the groin injury - he's the one I miss the most since he had 9 SB's by about April 20th...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Current disabled list leader board:

Dressel's Rebels 5

The Famine 4

Canuckleheads 3

The Bi-Polars 1

El Diablos 1

The Cuspids 1

Minnesota Muskies 0

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Looks like I'll probably have two DL by tomorrow.

Anyone want to get your guesses down now as to how long I'll be without Matsui?

I think it's going to be a long long time - 2 months minimum, probably longer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:53 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Just heard broken wrist - God knows how bad the break is, but he's having surgery tomorrow - so much for that.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2006, 11:12 PM »
I watched the game Rob, I knew it was over for him as soon as it happened.  And as a Yankee fan, it sucks to see my team with Sheff and Godzilla on the shelf.  Bad stuff.

BTW, your avatar is gross.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:13 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2006, 12:51 AM »
BTW, your avatar is gross.

Thanks.  It's from Scanners - and I made it all by myself.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2006, 10:27 AM »
I heard 3 months for Matsui last night...  Once he gets listed as DL I'll throw him on there and see how it goes - but I may have to drop him next time someone on my team hits the DL - which sucks. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2006, 02:49 PM »
I can't shed any tears for you yet Rob, I wouldn't mind 5 DL designations on our rosters myself.

Starting Pitchers:

Rich Harden DL - 1 more month
Ben Sheets DL - who knows how long
Mark Prior DL -  1 more month

OF:

Gary Sheffield DL - 2 weeks to possible year ending surgery

2B/3B:

Jorge Cantu - Probably 2 more weeks

I literally am handcuffed from doing any add/drops right now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:52 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I'm certainly not looking for sympathy.  And personally, I'm in favor of more DL spots in all leagues - at least 2, I'd be for 3 as well.  I think it sucks that we have to drop players just because they get hurt... if this game is supposed to mimic the real thing to a degree, this is one area in which it does not do so.  It's not like the Yankees have to look into cutting Matsui forever just because he's hurt.  At the same time, you shouldn't be able to stock up on DL players just so you can move them in and out once they get healthy - but if a guy is already on your team and gets hurt, you shouldn't lose him over it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2006, 03:58 PM »
At the same time, you shouldn't be able to stock up on DL players just so you can move them in and out once they get healthy - but if a guy is already on your team and gets hurt, you shouldn't lose him over it.

I think that's the rub in just about any league out there Rob.  No matter the best intentions of almost everyone involved, invariably, no matter where the league is held or what the sport is, some jackass goes and violates the rule.  I think that's why we tend to carry extra bench spots, to account for the extra injuries.  But it sure comes at a price. 

I've been very fortunate thus far with my hitters with only Crisp being badly hurt.  I lost a couple of guys with pretty minor injuries and I'm still concerned about Fielder's groin (yes, that does sound wrong) but otherwise it's been the pitching that's been irritating.  Street should have been a solid Save guy but a quick injury and he's not being used so much.  I'm carrying way too many pitchers for my liking now, just hoping some of those guys settle into their roles like they're expected to. 

Knocking on Wood.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Abreu or Vlad can be had for a 2B or SP or RP