Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64043 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2006, 04:10 PM »
What are you his spokesman? 

Yes, and the position pays surprisingly well.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2006, 04:13 PM »
Nah, he just had Kev draft his first baseman so he didn't have to waste a spot and Kev just trusts him that the trade will work out in his best interest, just like the Helton deal did last year.*   ;)

Ortiz/Lee are great picks, no argument at all.  Later in the year I had Teixeira and Ortiz in just that arrangement and it worked out great.  

Like Berkman, I drafted Chad Tracy because of that 1B/OF flexibility.  My other 1B, Utley, didn't show up as a 1B on any of the lists I had in front of me last night.  I was trying to decide between him and Figgins for 2B, so imagine my pleasure when I managed to get both of them and Utley could play 1B while Figgins can drift to 3B (should Arod get hurt) AND outfield.  Sweet. 8)

* it's a fuel on the fire kind of joke with no harm meant :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Nah, he just had Kev draft his first baseman so he didn't have to waste a spot and Kev just trusts him that the trade will work out in his best interest, just like the Helton deal did last year.*   ;)

Actually, I didn't have Kev do anything.  The jackass thought the draft was at 10:30 and signed in during round 10, when he just happen to see Ryan Howard sitting there as the highest ranked player left, and grabbed him as "1st basemen #4" without even knowing who his first 9 picks were yet.

Just a fact check for you Bug.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2006, 04:29 PM »

Facts are irrelevant, perception is everything ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2006, 04:31 PM »

Facts are irrelevant, perception is everything ;)

Must be a Canadian thing.   ;) 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2006, 09:28 PM »
So, after review of the rosters, I've got some predictions category by category for the league.  Of course, this is all based on assumed health, which never happens, and does not take into account future trades and free agent pickups, which will change things considerably.  But, for what it's worth, and that not being much, here's how I see things as they stand right now.

Runs

The Zods and El Diablos each have about 7 players that will approach or surpass 100 runs scored, and will likely dominate this category.  Tejada/J. Lopez on the Zods and Benji Molina/Morgan Ensberg on the Diablos will likely be the only players on the 2 teams to not approach the 100 R mark.  Canuckleheads should be in the mix here.

Batting Average

The Zods and Canuckleheads will likely dominate this category with a team batting average hovering around .290.   As is right now, The Zods may even make a run at .300

Homeruns

The Famine and Dressel's Rebels will both likely approach 250 HRs, and The Zods and The Cuspids will likely approach the 230 HR plateau.  Again, a lot is going to change, this is just the opening day snapshot.

Runs Batted In

Dressel's Rebels will likely knock in close to 900 runs, and The Famine just under that in the 800s.  Not surprising since HRs and RBIs are usually closely tied.  The Zods and The Cuspids will likely approach the 800 mark.

Stolen Bases

Canuckleheads and El Diablos will come close to swiping 200 bags as is.  This is remarkable because in rotisserie baseball, a team that swipes 130 bags will almost always win the category.

Next up, the pitching analysis...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:20 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Wins

This category could be pretty tight.  Probably the most impossible category to predict at this point, being as dependent as it is on team run support, The Zods and Dressel's Rebels probably will break the 100 Win plateau, with 3 other teams closely flanking between 90-95 wins.

ERA

Dressel's Rebels team ERA likely will be well under 3.00 with Randy Johnson, Rich Harden, Felix Hernandez, Brad Lidge, Eric Gagne, BJ Ryan, and Derek Turnbow all turning in ERA's 3 or lower.  El Diablos likely will have a team ERA hovering right around the 3.00 mark.

WHIP

Dressel's Rebels team WHIP will likely be around 1.15, with 3 front-line ace starters and 4 front-line closers turning in very low ratios.  Canuckleheads and Minnesota Muskies close by with a team WHIP 1.20+.

Strikeouts

Dressel's Rebels should fan 1,300 batters, with Canuckleheads and El Diablos close by at 1,200 K's.

Saves

El Diablos and Dressel's Rebels should both save over 160 games

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Predicted finish:

1.  Dressel's Rebels (3-peat)
2.  El Diablos
3.  TIE - Zods/Canuckleheads

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 1, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Good read - thanks.

On another note, just so I'm 100% clear, the P spot as opposed to the RP and SP spots is just a spot where any pitcher can go and was done to avoid the SP/RP thing right?  Or is there something else to it?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 2, 2006, 07:07 PM »
The "P" spot is somewhere where you can put any pitcher, whether it be SP or RP, depending on your statistical needs at any given time.  Short on saves?  Plug in a RP.  Need wins or K's?  Plug in a SP.  But it was not "something we did;" rather, it is Yahoo's default roster setup.

We're 45 minutes away from first pitch here gentlemen, may the best man attempt to unseat me... in vain!!

« Last Edit: April 2, 2006, 07:08 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 3, 2006, 12:23 AM »

Actually, I didn't have Kev do anything.  The jackass thought the draft was at 10:30 and signed in during round 10, when he just happen to see Ryan Howard sitting there as the highest ranked player left, and grabbed him as "1st basemen #4" without even knowing who his first 9 picks were yet.

Just a fact check for you Bug.

This is true.

To echo Dressels statments, I figured the draft started at 10:30, so when I came in, it was my pick, so in a blind grab, I nailed Mr. Howard.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 3, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Supid ass rain already killing a perfectly good shot at a W for Buehrle...

Where can we check to see how many innings we have left for pitchers?  I've looked around but don't see it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 3, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Supid ass rain already killing a perfectly good shot at a W for Buehrle...

Where can we check to see how many innings we have left for pitchers?  I've looked around but don't see it.

There used to be a link on the bottom right side of the team page called "maximum games played" which was handy for that info.  But apparently now you have to click "team log" along the top of that page for that information. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 3, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Yeah, Maximum Games Played at the bottom right was what I was looking for - team log works.  Thanks.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 4, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Looks like I gave up on Thome a year too soon...   ::)

If his back holds up he's starting off for what should be a monster of a season...