Author Topic: Neca Toys  (Read 15575 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Neca Toys
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Saw the Warrior and Hybrid Alien this weekend. I'm trying not to pick up another line (even though I have the McFarlane Aliens). They look really good.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 07:18 AM »
3 Figures have been announced for their Cult Classics Hall of Fame Series...

The Crow

Capt. Spaulding

Ghost with the most Michael Myers
I remember my dream now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 06:44 PM »
After hearing good things about NECA and the Cult Classics line, I purchased a Hall Of Fame Jason Voorhees (Part 2) from Amazon. Great figure, the sculpting is top notch, and Pamela's decapitated noggin is a nice touch. Has NECA made any other Donnie Darko figures besides Frank? I've been looking for the 7' Frank for a while but to no avail.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Has NECA made any other Donnie Darko figures besides Frank? I've been looking for the 7' Frank for a while but to no avail.

Just the 12" & 7" Frank figures - nothing else.  It's a great looking figure - definitely worth the $15-20 you'll spend on one (and you can get the 12" version for around the same price as the 7").

John

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Has NECA made any other Donnie Darko figures besides Frank? I've been looking for the 7' Frank for a while but to no avail.

Just the 12" & 7" Frank figures - nothing else.  It's a great looking figure - definitely worth the $15-20 you'll spend on one (and you can get the 12" version for around the same price as the 7").

John

Hopefully NECA will rerelease the 7' Frank in the Hall Of Fame line, or make some new DD figures. I'd love to see Donnie in his skeleton suit, and Grandma Death would be great as well.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 2, 2008, 12:23 PM »
Anyone like The Princess Bride?

Beetlejuice?

Yellow Eyes!!

I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #36 on: March 2, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Anyone like The Princess Bride?

Beetlejuice?

Yellow Eyes!!

I'm super excited about Beetlejuice and Scut Farkus.  The Dread Pirate Roberts looks great and I think they'll do some great things with that line, but I'll pass on them.  There is a Beetlejuice coming out later in the year in his red tux also.  Can't wait for that one.  Seeing what NECA had at Toy Fair, aside from the Harry Potter figures I was probably most excited about Jareth & Hoggle and Stair Walking Regan from The Exorcist.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 2, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Dread Pirate Roberts, Schmead Pirate Roberts, Beetlejuice, Schmeetlejuice, Farkus, Schmarkus.  It's all about the Ninja Turtles baby.

Comic accurate bandanas, real chains on Mikey's chucks, and Raph can hold his sais between his fingers.  That's ******* awesome. 

« Last Edit: March 3, 2008, 07:32 AM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 2, 2008, 10:34 PM »
I'm excited about the Exorcist box set they have planned. It's supposed to have a sound chip and Regan's head should spin around. All it needs is the pea soup!
« Last Edit: March 4, 2008, 10:15 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: March 3, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I keep ordering and then dropping the preorder for the turtles. I am so undecided with them. I grew up witht he cartoon so i really wish they have the different color head gear.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I actually want the Dread Pirate Roberts. It is one of my wife's favorite movies, and I have been trying to include some collectables from movies she likes in the Movie collection of toys. Thus why I have Harry Potter stuff.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 6, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I picked up the masked and unmasked AVPR Preds from my Neca hook up. Very nice and both stand alot better than the Alien/Pred Hybrid figure. Now I just have to get the open mouth version and I think there's a half invisible version being released as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 02:55 AM »
For those into the Ninja Turtles and by chance are going to NYCC you might wanna swing by the NECA booth. Peter Laird co-creator of the Turtles is going to be at their booth on Saturday April 20th from 1-3pm signing this:

It's limited to only 500 pieces and will be the only time that they will be packaged in a box set. The set will cost $50.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 07:27 AM »
It's limited to only 500 pieces and will be the only time that they will be packaged in a box set. The set will cost $50.

Not quite, Robb.  There's a box set coming to "retail" with all four turtles and their weapons.  You won't get the little turtles and other accessories like the light poles, but there is a chance to get all four turtles at one time.  If you want the little turtles, lightpoles and bases and don't happen to be lucky enough to buy the NYCC set, then you have to buy the four individual carded turtles, which will come with all the accessories in the NYCC boxset.

I don't really care about all that extra stuff and just wanted the four basic turtles and their main weapons, so I pre-ordered the basic boxset from BBTS.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 10:56 AM »
I dropped my pre-order and hope to pick up that set at NYCC.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"