Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Bespin Han Solo  (Read 21336 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Bespin Han Solo
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I figured Han would be the first figure in the Heroes of the Rebellion line, but I didn't expect it to be the Bespin version.  Kinda makes sense since his ANH outift was used for their Premium Format statue.

I guess I know what I'm doing next Friday! 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2006, 11:55 PM »
I am guessing a Mynock will be the exclsuive extra. If it is, I really hope to get in on the exclusive.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2006, 07:32 AM »
Tuesday-Master Replica lightsaber at 12:00 est
Friday-Han Solo Sideshow doll at 1:00 est

The rest of February? - work to pay off all this stuff!!!  ;)
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2006, 08:59 AM »
Yeah, pretty nice.  I like the breathing mask accessory.  I hope that is not the exclusive accessory though.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 3, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Damn.  I'll be away on vacation next week and have no idea where I'll be on Friday.  Are these 1 per customer?  If not, can someone please be kind enough to add one to their order for me.  It'll be much appreciated.

Yeah, pretty nice. I like the breathing mask accessory. I hope that is not the exclusive accessory though.

They don't usually show the exclusive accessory until pre-order day, so I think it's safe to assume that this will be a standard accessory.  Although it's called Bespin Han Solo and not Space Slug Han Solo, so who knows.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 3, 2006, 10:41 AM »
I'm going to be gone next Friday as well, but might be back in time to order....I'm hoping.  This will be my first ordering experience with Sideshow, so hopefully it will go smoothly.  I'm really happy to see that Han Solo is the first figure for the Heroes fo the Rebellion line.  I'm a little bit surprised it isn't his ANH outfit, but I don't mind at all.  I was always a fan of the Bespin Han Solo look anyways, and I really hope this figure will be as great as all the previous Sideshow offerings.  I wonder when this figure will actually ship, fall or later in the year?  To be honest, I'm kind of surprised at how many figures we've seen from Sideshow already this year, not that it is a bad thing.  I just thought they'd be a little more spread out than this.  5 figures now revealed, in the first week of February.  I like how they are running this line as well, going all out with sculpt, packaging, and accessories....providing previews and several good looks at the figures on their website, and they really seem to be catering to the collector overall.  Hasbro could take a few notes.  We usually see pics of their product via EE or some other online resource first, and most of the information seems like its national security sometimes :P.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2006, 02:51 PM »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Damn.  I'll be away on vacation next week and have no idea where I'll be on Friday.  Are these 1 per customer?  If not, can someone please be kind enough to add one to their order for me.  It'll be much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that they are only 1 per customer. 

PM on its way.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2006, 06:57 PM »
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=020206han

Face looks barely better than Hasbro. And that sucks.

I can't really tell and I think it is because of the mask?  I know there is a big issue with the eye color at the other website.  I don't think he looks 100% like Harrison Ford obviously.  To be honest it is probably good enough for me to consider buying it.  Not sure if I will though?  I wish they would just tell us what they are going to make for the year so I could budget better.  It's better for them not to say of course so that you want to buy and not skip any but still.   

Anyway I think it's kind of cool that they went with a Bespin Han instead of ANH.  I kind of get burned out on all the Han ANH merchandise. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2006, 07:02 PM »
May be he'll come with wrist schackles from the carbon freezing room or Hydrospanner from trying to fix the Falcon.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Face looks barely better than Hasbro. And that sucks.

I'm not sure how you can really tell with his mask on.  I'd say it's way too early to be getting worried about that, so I'm going to save judgement until I see pics without the mask.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 4, 2006, 08:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure that they are only 1 per customer. 

PM on its way.

I sent Sideshow an email asking about the 1 per customer limit.  I can't find it in their FAQ part and since I never needed to order more than 1, I don't know.  I'll post the reply as soon as I get it.
Beth

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 4, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Sideshow said the exclusive accessory is a mynock during the chat.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2006, 12:02 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2006, 10:34 AM »
For those of you who have ordered the previous figures, how long do they usually last until "sold out"?  I know it has been pretty quick for the most part, and I'm sure Han will be no different.  I'm only asking because I'd really like to be able to order one of these on Friday, but will be gone for at least the first part of the day.  I might be back to a computer by noon, but I'm not sure at this point.  Just curious how much time I might have.  Also, what page do we need to be on to place the order on Friday?