Collectibles > 1:6 Scale Figures and Collectibles

Sideshow Gets 12" Figure License!

(1/11) > >>

JesseVader08:
Great news for all of you that miss the 12" line from Hasbro... Sideshow Collectibles is bringing a new 12" line of figures about mid 2006. More details are expected at Comic-Con, but you can read Sideshow's press release here.

Darth Broem:
Holy @%R  I can not believe it!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  I just wonder what they will make and how much they will be.  But that's great news. 

Rob:
Great news! 

Pete_Fett:
So is the 12" line going to reboot or is Sideshow going to pick up where Hasbro left off? There's still plenty of possibilities without re-making a lot of the 12" figures already out there.

From reading the release it looks like Sideshow Toys is indeed partnering with Hasbro in order to make the 12" line - so I wonder if Hasbro is going to be reselling the figures designed and manufactured by Sideshow toys or (and I'm praying to god here that it comes true) are we going to just be able to order our 12" SW figures directly from Sideshow's website? Please oh please let that be a possibility!

Jesse James:
This is HUGE news.

If you guys know SS's 12" figures, they're fantastic.  They compete with the likes of BBI, and the infamous Dragon figures.  So 12" Star Wars figures in that vein will be fantastic.  They'll even make the Marmit figures look weak I think...  More like model kits than figures.

They had a great World War I line I think...  And a Civil War line.  Outstanding sculpts and realism. 

This almost makes me wanna get back into 12" but I'd still dump the majority of my Hasbro stuff.  Taking on a new (old) scale though...  Ugh.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version