Hey guys, I'm starting a thread for my customs finally, as it has been quite a while since I posted some of my work, and I feel as though I've lost some status and been bumped down to lurker. I also want to talk about my photo novel work, and what I'm hoping it will become. First of all, I'd just like to say that I went through the most challenging semester of my life and was able to crawl slowly out of an F, Ds, and Cs, to get, in the end, Honors credited As and Bs. I didn't quit work when the semester started, and when I got stuck with a 6 day week, evening shift, I still didn't quit. There was also a motivation problem on my part that really didn't help. This all allowed no time for customizing, as any free time I had was swallowed up by extra studies, hence the customizing hiatus. So without further delay, these are a few of the customs I've been able to work on:Roronn Corob
and Clone Commander Naric
- You've already seen these in the group project thread (which I seem to have killed with my accidental posting of a clone
) but in case you haven't, here they are for the record. Tomic Shious
- This Endor rebel was created with spare parts for a scene in the first photo novel of the Ardan Torik Series, but the shot didn't make it in. Why any Rebels would be in existence 20 years before the events of A New Hope is beyond me.Jola Maysin
- To me, Naboo Guards seemed a bit weak in TPM, so I've been thinking about an Elite guard for the Royal family and representatives. I'm still in need of tools to expand the SOTE helmet that came with Luke, but I believe it might piece together nicely here.Ceremonial Luke
- I first saw this design in the Rogue Squadron comics and am trying to reproduce it with a Saga Luke I never traded off...It's going pretty well, but needs a few more coats and some touch ups to make his uniform nice and crisp.Lenin Elus
- Another photo novel story I've been brooding over is a plot involving a young Imperial Officer who experiences first hand the horrors of war and becomes, eventually, a Rebel Pilot in Rogue Squadron. The problem is I'm sensing Dark Horse taking the new Rebellion series in the same direction, which sucks for me. Ardan Torik Series CustomsFrom The 2nd Part's Bar Scene
- These few characters were created just for a scene involving Ardan Torik at one of Coruscant's under city bars. The right-most character I'm not especially pleased with, but he fills the scene, which really doesn't focus on the customs, but a key change in tone regarding alien species in the core.Two More Aliens
- Here are two more background characters that fill in roles in the Ardan Torik series. I've since come to regret painting the Bespin Guard's jacket, but you'll see why soon enough.Helping Alien Escape
- These are two characters that aid Ardan throughout the 2nd part of the series. Originally, I wanted the Weequay to play the part of Sora Bulq, but later I realized he was much more compatible as a smuggler than a Dark Jedi.Ardan Torik in Many Forms
Ardan Torik - Having realized I never let out whom or what Ardan Torik is, I just want to take the time to apologize for making everyone wait so damn long. Ardan Torik is a Zabrak, and acquaintance of Dexter Jester's. There's a lot of mystery behind the character and as I go along I think of new ways to develop him and explain his past in interesting ways. Hopefully everyone will enjoy his stories in the future.
P.S. I'm officially claiming Bespin as the set for the future of my photo novels. I've got a new idea for photo novels where I plan to stress the novel part of that word and hope that it's going to be a hit here on the boards. More updates to come soon.
Have a great night!