Author Topic: The Return of the Muscle Car!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Return of the Muscle Car!
« on: February 8, 2006, 01:12 AM »
2002 was a very sad year in the history of automobilia.  It was the year that Chevy gave up on the Camaro and retired that legendary name.  However, it wasn't really a surprise I suppose because the car had become pretty boring looking and the Mustang was massacring it in sales.

However, it looks like GM has realized that the muscle car is here to stay and a crucial part of an automaker's lineup.  At the 2006 L.A. Auto Show, Camaro was testing the waters to guage interest in the return of the Camaro, which may return in 2009!  It uses the Corvette LS-2 V8 to get 400HP through a 6 speed manual.

Anyone else out there a big fan of the return of the muscle car? 

« Last Edit: February 8, 2006, 01:20 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Return of the Muscle Car!
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2006, 01:21 AM »
The new mustangs are fantastic looking...  And actually I'm hoping they drive the 90's/early 00 Mustangs down in price when looking for a used so I may have that as an option when I'm looking to unload my Le Baron...  All thinking ahead, but I'd dig owning a mustang of almost any year.

There's the Charger too which looks nice I think...  Not exactly what I'd have liked, but not bad either, I'm into the new Dodge/Chrysler looks...

The new Camaro looks nice too...  I still wonder though what sales will be on these cars that I can only imagine guzzle gas like an SUV.  Truck sales are down so I'm not sure why they'd think high-performance cars that I would wager take premium gas to fill would be "hot".  My car's a 6 cylinder, and it still uses too much gas to suit me right now. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: The Return of the Muscle Car!
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I'd like to see GM try to sell that in 2009 when gas prices in the US are closer to $5 a gallon.

If GM still exists then, that is.

Neat looking car at any rate. It looks much better than those dinosaurs GM was selling in the late 90s.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk