Author Topic: Boring characters... but want to see made.  (Read 13919 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Boring characters... but want to see made.
« on: February 9, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Ok, how about a "least popular" characters thread, but you want a figure of them made anyway.   :)

I'll go with one from each film right now... might be kind of fun... feel free to play along.

The Phantom Menace - Rep Been - A pretty boring character, but an interesting design... for whatever reason, this is a character I really want made.  I just don't see it as something I can customize and look decent on my own, so I'd love to see it made.

Attack of the Clones - Cliegg Lars - An old man in a chair.  What's not to love.  True it would be boring as hell, but could be pretty cool... especially if they threw a surprise with a removable leg piece.

Revenge of the Sith - Mrs. Organa - Boring indeed.  But would be a surprise figure (of course I want the rest of the Lars family first) and might pegwarm, but would maybe be great custom fodder.

A New Hope - Academy Biggs... just seems like it would make for a neat figure.  Boring as hell, just the way a lot of the designs in ANH are, simple yet realistic.  I'd buy several.

The Empire Strikes Back - Orange flight suit Luke... imagine with removable Snowspeeder gear... kind of like the Veers snap on armor.  That might not really be a boring character though, so if it has to be boring, then maybe it's time for Ice Cream Maker Guy.

Return of the Jedi - CZ droid... these droids do absolutely nothing in the OT except walk around in an awkard manner and look outdated.  That's cool to me.

:P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Boring characters... but want to see made.
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Ok, how about a "least popular" characters thread, but you want a figure of them made anyway.   :)

The Empire Strikes Back - Orange flight suit Luke... imagine with removable Snowspeeder gear... kind of like the Veers snap on armor.  That might not really be a boring character though, so if it has to be boring, then maybe it's time for Ice Cream Maker Guy.

Don't  dis the Ice Cream Maker Guy. He makes the finest flavas throught the galaxy!!  ;)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I agree with you Chewie.
I would also buy several Biggs'.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2006, 11:59 PM »
List threads!  Love 'em!

TPM: Probably handmaiden Padme, who Hasbro must consider poison.

AOTC: Dorme!!!  And also the Lars family.

ROTS: The Lars again, though I'd take either/or.  Lady Organa, too.

ANH: CZ-3 -- or the skeleton looking one, I forget his number.

ESB: Toyrn Farr, although I really want the flight suit Luke, too, as well as Medical Frigate Luke and Leia.

ROTJ: Yarna.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Ewoks. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 03:48 AM »
I love Ewoks, not boring at all!  :)

Figures I'd like that ARE boring and I want made though...

-Vintage Imp. Dignitary...  Guy is as fun as burnt toast but I want one.
-Rebel Fleet Technician...  Yavin Tech's with a headset and removable helmet and tools.
-Hoth Rebel Technician...  The Hoth version, duh.
-Imperial Technician...  Am I the only one wanting this guy resculpted and released with two head variants and nice articulation?  The buff guy just doesn't cut it to me.
-New Spirit-Of Yoda & Anakin...  Ben needs company.
-Nein Numb...  I'm maybe in the minority but he needs resculpted to me.
-Human Cantina Snitch...  Garrouf Lafoe, the guy that rats on Obi-Wan's handy work.  Boring yes, but I want one.
-Cantina Midget...  Boring, but why not?  Pack him with a drunk Jawa and I'm a happy camper.
-McQuarrie Chewbacca...  The Chewbacca concept art is so freaky it'd be a whole new alien to me, I need that figure.  Boring though to most people I think.
-New Bespin Guard...  Bespin Guards are cool and I'm a big army building fan, but they're boring since they did nothing really.  They need a new one with some more articulation, a neutral pose, and a closed jacket.
-R5 Repaints...  Again, how "cool" are they really?  But I'd like the Orange MOs Eisley one and the red/black Rebel one.  Too complex to paint myself for sure.

That's classic stuff that's boring that I want...  Not a lot, but enough to keep me happy.  :)

Oh and add Owen to that list.  He's dull, but needs redone at this point, and needs his prequal version with Beru too, and his gimpy old man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 10:26 AM »
I agree with the Imp Dignitaries. They released two of the five, I'd be all for the other three. But that's me. They looked pretty grim and evil.

I'd also put in some Padme figures. Not neccessarily a boring character, but I'd want a Naboo picnic dress one. There's not much action to that scene, unless you call rolling around in the grass with Ani action.

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 07:02 PM »
what about padme in her black **** outfit ...that'd be cool.
what about dak? from the snowspeeder...of course it took this long to get a carded wedge.
what about the happy band of 4 in the trash compactor?  All grimy and stuff.  That'd be sort of cool with the saga background
what about more cantina and more jabbas palace aliens from the background.
What about human looking alien that seems to be well-chested (most politically orrect term I could think of, sorry) walking up the stairs in the opera house of EpiIII (she has a head like an alien ya, know, cone headish)
what about the female droid from Epi III when the senators meet Obi-Wan

I basically think any character in the background should be made...and every main character in all different outfits.  That would take a few years, but keep the line alive, collectors happy, etc

Padme has like a million outfits from episode I at least. Maybe I'd draw the line at padme giving bith...that might upset a few people :)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Y'know this goes back to my "What makes a good figure?" thread.  In truth, I find no figures boring.  Redundant, yes (clones, clones, clones) but I want Rep Been as much as a SA Snowtrooper.  They're equal in my noggin.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 08:45 PM »
OT Uncle Owen.  That CS version sucked hard.  Pack him with one of the small unmade Sandcrawler droids.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I said it before in a different thread, but this figure gets my vote - Delva Racine.  She's as boring as it gets, but at least she is fun to look at...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Is that for real Jeff?

I would say give me Clieg and a good Owen. But those CZ droids do look like the mechanical junkies of the future (or past I guess).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Bumping this thread... look at my original list, I pulled for ICMG.   ;)

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Bumping this thread... look at my original list, I pulled for ICMG.   ;)

Man, talk about the chickens coming home to roost...

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20 AM »
The head droid in Jabba's droid dungeon would be cool,but boring.ROTS Jar Jar wouldbe cool IMO.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m