Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 99958 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #210 on: August 3, 2006, 01:16 PM »
I contacted my TRU last week they tell me that they don't expect to see this SKU again until 4 weeks from now...and even then there's only 1 case coming to the store!! Since I already have it... I'll do what I can for folks to try and grab this again when it rereleases.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2006, 08:57 AM »
I haven't seen one of these (or a shelf tag) for a month- is anyone coming across them?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I haven't seen one in a while.  However, oddly enough I did see two Gunships (with Shelf tags) at TRU earlier this week.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2006, 09:55 AM »
I don't think anyone has reall seen it. It seems like this one was either really popular or just underproduced. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2006, 01:15 PM »
My store got in one case months ago.  I lucked out and was able to score one when the new TRU website went live, but have not seen them reappear on the site. TRU kept stating that more were on the horizon but I think it was BS.  The previous TRU Battlepacks sat and gathered dust so I would not be surprised that they cut back orders.  I am one of the few who really liked this set and thought it was nice getting 5 army builders.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2006, 01:53 PM »
My local TRU whse is still showing 96 of these in quantity, they just haven't shipped them out yet for whatever reason. :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 6, 2006, 12:20 PM »
All of the other exclusives seem to be showing up in quantity. Why would this one be an exception?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 6, 2006, 02:29 PM »
All of the other exclusives seem to be showing up in quantity. Why would this one be an exception?

It's just a function of the battlepacks at 24.99 selling out first being more affordable, and the 44.99 ships hanging around longer due to the excessive cost.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: September 7, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I think it's as much an issue of availability with the battlepack though as it is with the price...  The ships definitely have their price to blame, plus the lack of "newness" with them.  The battlepack though not only is cheaper (some battlepacks just sit and sit though and even cost less than this) but I can speak for my area at least that one of 3 TRU's I try to hit routinely didn't even get a shipment of HFG's in while the other 2 I hit got in either 1, or 2 cases with a 1-case-resupply at one point and that's been IT.  It's a very weird situation with a battlepack that was one of the bigger hyped sets of the year.  I was lucky I got my 2 when I did or I'd be SOL for a birthday gift for someone this month.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 7, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Yeah, I'm certainly thinking in realm that Jesse's coming from. For example, my Local TRU had, at one point, 20 Gunships sitting on the shelves at the same time. That was just one of several shipments. I think they have only received two cases of HFGG, so just in terms of quantity, my store has physically received less BP's than ships. ???

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Commenting on this because I think it needs to be commented on.

Why in the world are we seeing sooooo many of the other TRU exclusives but no more of the BP's? ???

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40 PM »

Why in the world are we seeing sooooo many of the other TRU exclusives but no more of the BP's? ???

Saw a fresh case put out at TRU on Thursday.  All 6 BP's gone by today.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think this set is disappointing, so I passed.  Just too limited in articulation and the red ARC has too many accuracy problems for my liking.

I'd pay $10 if it made clearance but not $25.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2006, 06:37 PM »

Saw a fresh case put out at TRU on Thursday.  All 6 BP's gone by today.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think this set is disappointing, so I passed.  Just too limited in articulation and the red ARC has too many accuracy problems for my liking.

I'd pay $10 if it made clearance but not $25.

same here, except fordo. fordo kicks a-double s. i only want him...i HOPE he won the greatest hits, i'm goin to rs to check it out... :-\  :-X
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Fordo is alright, but how Hasbro could screw up his trademark double pistols and holsters I have no idea.  They just didn't give a ****.  They just took the kama and double holdout blasters from the #33 clone commander and called it a day on the Fordo figure.  That makes a big difference.  This is what he's supposed to look like:

As opposed to the half-assed piece of **** Fordo weapon arsenal we got from Hasbro:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Fordo is alright, but how Hasbro could screw up his trademark double pistols and holsters I have no idea.  They just didn't give a ****. 

And that worries me a lot.  I think that with the overall visibility and popularity of the ARCs in the CW toon, the relative scarcity of the 2003 CW ARC Troopers (especially the red one), and the price that was being charged for this set (5 bucks more than any other BPs at other retailers), Hasbro could have at least drilled a small hole in the side of the helmet and given him an accurate kama with two big blaster pistols.  I'd have even been okay with them giving him a 33 Clone Commander pauldron instead of the Sandtrooper-style version.  How they neglected to see no antenna and totally inaccurate kama/weaponry as acceptable in a highly anticipated/requested figure is beyond me.

And lets not even get into the fact that the Clone Heavy Gunner doesn't use that gatling gun to begin with, and they don't even include the gun he's supposed to have (the big quad-laser thing). 

My only hope is that the rumored ARC Trooper Alpha in the Comic Two Packs is an all-new SA Blue ARC Trooper in the post-Geonosis style, so they can simply do a repaint of him for the regular carded line after a few months.

Hasbro's had years to get the Trooper approach right and I still don't think they get it.  How else can you explain their outright stubborness with the VOTC Stormtrooper, the paltry quality of the ARC Troopers, the complete lack of a newly sculpted Kashyyyk Clone Trooper and other soldiers, and their continually holding on to this notion that "Cases of Clones won't sell" when, as the GB/H&V assortments have shown, Clones are all that DO sell in those assortments for the most part.   ::)