Author Topic: The Saga Collection General Veers  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The Saga Collection General Veers
« on: February 4, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Sculpt: 5/5
Veers has one of the best Imp. Officer sculpts, crisp yet smooth. He has a great likeness of the actor that played him, yet the face is also generic enough to be used as a generic officer.

Articulation: 4/5
Veers sports 10 POA. knee joints would have been nice though.

Paint: 5/5
Veers sports a great paintjob, especially on his combat armor. Very crisp.

Accesories: 5/5
Veers comes with:
-Combat Armor
-Combat Helmet
-Imperial E-11 Blaster Rifle
-Stand
-Mini Hologram (The one I got was Vader)

The armor snaps on very easiley, and stays on. The E-11 is about the same one we've gotten in Ozzel, TIE Crewman, Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, etc. The holo Vader I got will serve as a general in my Holo Imperial Army.

Army Building Potential: 5/5
Veers could easiley be customized into other officers, as CHEWIE has done, or just leave it untampered with, Veers's face is generic enough.

Overall: 4.7/5
Veers is really great, and aside from knee joints, he's perfect.

Holo Imperial Army:
1 Stormtrooper, 1 General (Darth Vader)
« Last Edit: February 4, 2006, 02:10 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Saga Collection General Veers
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Good review Hunter though I think I'd disagree on some points that I found to be problematic...  They're little specific things.

For instance, I'm a huge detractor of the molded-on hat.  It would have been extra, but I think the way the helmet sorta bows outward because of the hat and less than "perfect" fit, it just should have been a removable Officer's Kepi in my opinion.  Plus as a customizer, I have to wish for that.  I think it's a law, I'm not sure. :)

Also it makes the helmet lack a chin strap which was in the movie I believe, and looks better with it as recent figures have shown us.

Anyway, I'd also note that no back piece to the armor is disappointing.  Again, it would be that little "extra" effort for Hasbro to do this, and personally I think they could have without a LOT of extra effort and made Veers truly perfect.

And last I think knees are a huge detractor on Veers for a couple reasons.  First, they made his boots swivel for no real legitimate reason...  This took "extra" on their part that easily could have been ball/socket knee joints.  Now why are knee joints SO important?  Well because Veers is a GOOD template for future repaints if they had done him right.  As he stands now though, he is not in my eyes a good re-usable sculpt.  If they'd done the knee joints, I personally would have loved for Hasbro to have just done a new head/helmet for hima nd given us a Death Star Trooper.  Use the body again and make generic grey-tuniced Officers with various heads...  That would have cut costs on those potential future uses of the sculpt, and made up for anything incurred making an extra accessory or two.

A minor gripe one could make I think is his height...  He is a bit tall.

Still, he's got lots of positives.  I think his likeness is amazing, his sculpt is sharp and the best of any Impy to-date (despite the height), and while I'm not a huge fan of the arms being posed the way they are, I find them to be adequate.  I'll probably even get an extra Veers for parts, I just won't be army building Veers like I KNOW I would have if they'd articulated and accessorized him like I personally think they should have. 

If I had to give it a 5 star rating I'd say he's a 3.  right in the middle...  Good, but not "amazing" tot he point I want to buy tons of these for any particular reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77