Author Topic: VPTC ( Vintage Prequel Trilogy Collection)  (Read 12939 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: VPTC ( Vintage Prequel Trilogy Collection)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I think Morbie wants a Jar Jar on VOTC :-*

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I'm sure he does.

I would want an SA Clone Trooper with removable helmet with 501st markings.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 05:55 PM »
MMM Hmmm that sounds like quality!

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Placing say, a super articulated Darth Maul on an Episode One cardback could qualify as a "Vintage" Prequel Trilogy Collection action figure.  Putting the same figure on a Vintage style card completely defeats the purpose of any such line.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:08 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Placing say, a super articulated Darth Maul on an Episode One cardback could qualify as a "Vintage" Prequel Trilogy Collection action figure.  Putting the same figure on a Vintage style card completely defeats the purpose of any such line.

I'll have to agree. I have to say that putting prequel characters on a vintage style cardback doesn't have the "nostalgia" that a classic trilogy character would have, which is what I think drives the VOTC line (aside from the great figs). I think Hasbro will probably come out with different avenues to put out "premium" prequel 3 3/4 figs. Like they did with the Evolution packs.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:03 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 12:00 AM »
I think Morbie wants a Jar Jar on VOTC :-*

Is it strange that would actually like one?
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 01:44 AM »
Call me a purist, but I am 100% opposed to putting ANYTHING non OT onto a 'vintage' cardback.  Not cool at all IMO.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 02:47 AM »
My wants on VPTC (if they do it)

TPM

SA Qui-Gon
SA Darth Maul
Handmaiden Padme
SA Obi-Wan

AOTC

SA Jango Fett
SA Count Dooku
SA Mace Windu
SA Yoda

ROTS

SA Anakin/Vader
SA Yoda's Duel Palpatine
SA General Grievous (Arms fold apart)
SA Clone Trooper (501st)

But I also would like to see

AOTC Arena Padme
AOTC Clone Trooper
TPM C-3PO
ROTS R2-D2
Commander Cody on VPTC Card
AOTC SA Obi-Wan
TPM Watto

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Call me a purist, but I am 100% opposed to putting ANYTHING non OT onto a 'vintage' cardback.  Not cool at all IMO.

I'll call you AND me one, because I also am greatly opposed to that idea.  Well, I'm greatly opposed to the prequels and the special editions too :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 09:32 AM »

I'll call you AND me one, because I also am greatly opposed to that idea.  Well, I'm greatly opposed to the prequels and the special editions too :P

Same here. With respect to all who would love to see it, I think the idea is disrespectful to the vintage line. :-X

I don't even want to see OT characters that were never made in the vintage line done on vintage cards.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Same here. With respect to all who would love to see it, I think the idea is disrespectful to the vintage line. :-X

I don't even want to see OT characters that were never made in the vintage line done on vintage cards.

I am glad that we can all agree on this. Hasbro can make a VOTC quality line of Prequel action figures, but they should not be placed on Vintage style cardbacks.

Oh, and the Original Trilogy is the best.   :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:44 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 04:13 PM »
As an opener, I really don't care if they make prequel figures in this style.  I'd rather pay the $5-$6 regular retail anyway.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 08:46 PM »

I am glad that we can all agree on this. Hasbro can make a VOTC quality line of Prequel action figures, but they should not be placed on Vintage style cardbacks.

Oh, yeah, I'm all for prequel figures with VOTC quality articulation.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 09:16 PM »

Oh, yeah, I'm all for prequel figures with VOTC quality articulation.

Yeah, so am I. Let's call them Evolutions . . . . bridging the gap from Prequel to OT.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 03:30 PM »
The combination of watching TPM lately and rearranging my prequel trilogy display cabinet helped me to realize how we could really use new versions of the main characters from both TPM and AOTC.  Maybe "vintage" isn't the right area for it, but if we can't get them in the basic line I hope that we see the Evolutions concept resurrected.  Its been discussed before, but there are several figures that really could use new incarnations.  The TPM figures seem pretty dated compared to the ROTS/TSC offerings, and many of the AOTC era figures are in the statue/non articulated style.  Some I'd like to see re-done now, whatever line we can get them in:

The Phantom Menace
Qui-Gon Jinn - one of my favorite PT characters, and his figures really aren't too stellar.  Give us one in the style of ROTS Pilot/TSC Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Again, his figures just look basic compared to what has been done in recent years.  Ditto on the ROTS Pilot version, heck just sculpt a new head and they'd be pretty close.
Padme Amidala - We can always use more Padmes, so basically take your pick here.  A new, well articulated one would be welcome.
Jar Jar Binks - This is one we probably won't see, and not that I'm a big fan of Binks either, but his figure(s) either look dated or really static.  A new SA one wouldn't be so bad.
Anakin Skywalker - Not sure if we need a new one or not, the first version really isn't too bad - just under articulated.  We'd probably be surprised at how much better they could make one now though.

Attack of the Clones
Obi-Wan Kenobi - The Outlander Club one isn't too bad, but again, they could do one (maybe just a new head) in the style of the ROTS/TSC version and we'd be set.
Mace Windu - Either movie really, but we still really haven't gotten a decent version of Mace.
Padme - Again, tons of version to choose from.  I wouldn't mind having a new SA version of the Arena Padme.  The "Factory Chase" one isn't too bad, aside from the screaming face sculpt.  Maybe a new head on that figure would go a ways.
Jango Fett - One that's been mentioned a lot, but the versions we've gotten in the past aren't the greatest.  My favorite is probably the "Kamino Escape" version, but it could really be improved on.  Base it off the VOTC Boba Fett sculpt, and maybe retool/repaint a few things - or maybe an all new sculpt is needed.

I'm pretty satisfied overall with the ROTS offerings.  We've got a good Obi-Wan, the Evolutions Anakin is pretty nice (although it could have been in the basic line too), the Padme we got isn't bad (but we could always use more), and within the basic line and Evolutions sets we got nice versions of Dooku, Palpatine, clones, Jedi, etc.  If anything, we could maybe use different versions of Palps that we haven't seen (or that could be improved on), more Padmes, and as always, more clones.  As far as the other movies, Anakin might be decently covered through the Evolutions sets (aside from kiddo Anakin), and the Obi-Wans might be able to be done with just new heads on the ROTS/TSC figure.  Anyways, this just came to mind again after re-arranging some of those prequel figures recently.  I really hope we see all new sculpts for Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (TPM/AOTC), Mace Windu, and Jango Fett if nothing else.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:31 PM by Brian »