Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2006  (Read 21312 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2006
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Time to start a new thread for 2006 or change the title back.

What's wrong with athletes these days?  I want a raise even though I suck.  And I like Culpepper, but someone ought to point out to him that the time to ask for a raise is when you exceed expectations, not fail to meet them. ::)
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 11:43 AM by Jeff »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh vs Seattle
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Time to start a new thread for 2006 or change the title back.

What's wrong with athletes these days?  I want a raise even though I suck.  And I like Culpepper, but someone ought to point out to him that the time to ask for a raise is when you exceed expectations, not fail to meet them. ::)

I totally agree here, what is he totally nuts?  He had a hideous season, then got severely injured, then disgraced himself on the cruise ship.  What a moron, the Vikings should respond by cutting him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh vs Seattle
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 01:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure they'll trade him after all that stuff.  Too bad really, I'm confident he'll respond with a career season, like guys like that usually do after being traded following a crappy season. 

Sad as a Vikings fan though, unload a top receiver in the league (with an attitude) and then unload a top QB in  the league (with a newfound attitude problem) :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NFL OffSeason 2006
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:36 PM »
RE: Daunte -
Maybe we can trade Daunte to the Raiders for Moss?   :P

RE: "Smokey" Williams -
 ::)  Gee, he has drug problems?  He didn't manage to stay clean despite saying he would?  To paraphrase from a friend - "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me 17 times, I'm a dumbass".   :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I'd just like to chime in and voice how amazingly pissed I am going to be at the Chargers front office if they actually let Drew Brees go. They are absolutely insane letting him even touch the free agent waters, and if they're actually banking on Phillip Rivers I hope he turns out to the half the quarterback Ryan Leaf was.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Culpepper is most likely doing that to force a trade.  His days of being babied are now over.  Denny Green and Mike Tice let him do whatever he wanted.  Brad Childress will lay down the law.  No more thugs and miscreants for the Vikings.  The new owner wants to get the public on his side for a new stadium deal.  Getting rid of problem players will help.
Can't say I'm surprised by Williams.  He has always shown a larger desire to smoke grass instead of playing on it.  They should kick his @ss out of the league.  He'll never change.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Culpepper is most likely doing that to force a trade.  His days of being babied are now over.  Denny Green and Mike Tice let him do whatever he wanted.  Brad Childress will lay down the law.  No more thugs and miscreants for the Vikings.  The new owner wants to get the public on his side for a new stadium deal.  Getting rid of problem players will help.
Can't say I'm surprised by Williams.  He has always shown a larger desire to smoke grass instead of playing on it.  They should kick his @ss out of the league.  He'll never change.

BINGO.

In the next 24 hours it is to be announced that Daunte Culpepper has been traded to the Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, or NY Jets.

Stay tuned...

:D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 10:33 AM »
My dad joked last night how it would be just like the Vikings to end up trading Daunte to Oakland to re-unite him with Randy and then watch them roll to a superbowl in Oakland.   :'(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 02:13 PM »
That would be kind of funny.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I don't see that happening.  Moss is not what he used to be.  Injuries and a lack of desire to win has caught up with him.  Daunte will never be a winner because he lacks the balls.  He panics and doesn't have the leadership skills to win the big games.  Look at his career record, 42-45 or something like that.  I think he only has one come from behind win in his career which was this year against the Packers.  He has all the tools but he can't think outside the box. 
That being said, I don't want him traded right now.  His value is at it's lowest.  Sign him, give him his bonus, and make his @ss ride the bench next year to teach him who the boss is.  Put him in games for mopup reasons only.  Show the NFL he's healthy again and trade him for a few high draft picks.  Hopefully send him to a horsecrap team like New Orleans to once again demonstrate who the boss is.  Go out and sign a Free Agent QB or trade for somebody to back up Brad Johnson.  Maybe draft a QB this year or next to groom.  That is what I hope happens.  Then go out and buy a couple of top FA LBs and OLs.  You have the cap space, use it. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Heh, I like your thinking sir.  I've never been so pleased as when Pierre Page of the Quebec Nordiques looked the Lindros family straight in the eye and said he can sit for a year when they asked for Eric Lindros to be sent to a larger market after the Nordiques drafted him.  I just love seeing whiny athletes bitch-slapped.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 09:59 PM »
It sounds like Culpepper almost went to Oakland, but they didn't want to give even a second rounder up.  The Vikings should just keep him now.  Good to see they resigned Koren and picked up Longwell.  The kicker position should now be taken care of.  They also picked up Taylor from Baltimore and one of San Diego's LBs that has been injured off and on.  I would have liked to see them get a solid LB, but it is just the first day.  As long as they pick up a starting LB, guard and tackle, I will be happy with free agency.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Ha ha!  I hope Edgerrin James enjoys not seeing the playoffs for the entire duration of his new 4 year contract with the Arizona Cardinals.  It's all about the money though, and I'm sure they gave him lots (financial details not yet disclosed).

:D

Update:  $30 million for 4 years.  Also Antwaan Randle El to the 'Skins
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 04:02 PM by Ithorian Clergy »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 04:46 PM »
F--k Edgerrin.  He totally took the money and ran on that deal.  The Cards may improve over time but the Colts were his best shot at a title, but that's clearly not what he was after.  I hate to see his talent go but RBs always seem to emerge so hopefully the Colts grab a good one in the draft.