Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2006  (Read 21366 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL OffSeason 2006
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2006, 12:04 PM »
I cannot believe they passed on Bush.  What a bunch of ******* idiots

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2006, 12:58 PM »

I don't know, Mario Williams is a defensive pass-rushing monster.  I was watching some footage of him sacking the hell out of some QB's (picking them up and dumping them 8 yards backwards actually) and I thought I was watching it in fast forward.  Then I noticed that everyone else on the field was moving regular speed  :o

Besides, the Texans have Domanick Davis.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2006, 02:42 PM »
The Texans will regret passing on Bush.  Happy to see Leinart go to the Cardinals since the Titans were blinded by Young's Rose Bowl performance.  Young is the next Vick: all hype and not an NFL QB.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54 PM »
The Texans will regret passing on Bush.  Happy to see Leinart go to the Cardinals since the Titans were blinded by Young's Rose Bowl performance.  Young is the next Vick: all hype and not an NFL QB.

I agree, I'd have preferred to see the Titans take Leinart as well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2006, 11:36 PM »
I agree, I'd have preferred to see the Titans take Leinart as well. 

You and me both. I am so unhappy with our decision to take Young over Leinart. I just don't see Young succeeding at the pro level. I'd love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it happening.

Interesting that we ended up getting Lendale White with our 2nd round pick. If the guy gets his act together he could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2006, 02:24 AM »

I think Young has a chance to be a lot better than Vick... Vick sucks.  He flat out sucks.

Young is a leader.  Yes, he has some work to do in his passing game, but he literally willed his team to a national championship.  He's a high risk/high reward type guy, but I'm confident that he'll be a lot better than Vick.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2006, 02:25 AM »

I don't know, Mario Williams is a defensive pass-rushing monster.  I was watching some footage of him sacking the hell out of some QB's (picking them up and dumping them 8 yards backwards actually) and I thought I was watching it in fast forward.  Then I noticed that everyone else on the field was moving regular speed  :o

Up until recently Mario Williams wasn't even considered the best DL on his own team.  He's going to be a fine player, but he's got to be the next Reggie White to justify passing on Young, Leinart, and Bush to take him.

Hell, the Texans probably would have been better off taking Ferguson.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2006, 04:43 AM »
With their first pick the Broncos select... Jay Cutler... I have to say I'm a wee bit confused about that one... oh well Javon Walker should be better than a draft pick, assuming he is healthy.
"This is the way."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2006, 07:54 PM »
With their first pick the Broncos select... Jay Cutler... I have to say I'm a wee bit confused about that one... oh well Javon Walker should be better than a draft pick, assuming he is healthy.

That's Jake's successor.  I think it's a solid pick.

I'm glad the Colts grabbed a RB but we'll see if Addai is capable of being the guy.  I was hoping D'Angelo Williams would fall in their laps but knowing Carolina needed a RB, I wasn't counting on it.

I'm also happy about Leinart going to Arizona.  I think he's gonna thrive there and I'm gonna grab a Leinart jersey soon.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2006, 11:16 PM »

So much for the confidence in Jake Plummer.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006, 11:52 PM »

So much for the confidence in Jake Plummer.

The thing I don't understand is that Shanahan still sas he is confident in Jake and that he will be the number one guy. And they really like Bradlee Van Pelt (the Broncos current backup), I guess they may move him to another position, he is a pretty good athlete and I think they feel he can play elsewhere. I'm interested to see how this pick will play out.
"This is the way."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 7, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Titans/Ravens reach deal on McNair.

Sad day around the office. We all knew it was going to happen, but letting him go to Baltimore is especially painful. Good for Stever though, the way the Titans have treated him has been a slap in the face of someone who has meant more to this franchise than anyone else. He deserved much better than this, so I hope he has a good season with the Ravens.

Young better be ready sooner than later, I'm in no mood to have Volek at the helm all season.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2006, 02:57 PM »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Yeah this is the news for the day here...  Everything else pretty much has been ignored for the entire day.  It's just a 24 hour watch to see what his condition is.  So far it's rumored here that he has head/facial injuries that he's been in surgery for for about 4 or 5 hours now.  A broken jaw at the minimum...

He's been told by Cowher not to ride without a helmet, he's been warned by Bradshaw and Theisman about it too and I guess he gave them attitude over it...  That's a shame really, but at the same time he really should know better than to ride without a helmet.  Everyone should regardless of what the law is, but you'd think when you wear a helmet for your job you'd be smart enough to wear one on the highway. 

Hopefully he's ok...  I've seen the car and bike on TV, and while it is an ugly looking accident, the bike's not mangled beyond recognition and the car's damage doesn't appear to have actually gone through the steel, so hopefully the impact wasn't high speed and his injuries will be healable and he'll be fine in a relatively short period of time.  It was practically inevitable though, and it's a good example of why helmet laws should be in place I suppose.

He's in serious but stable condition with facial/head injuries and some knee injuries I guess.  That's what the news just said, so there you go.  Hopefully he'll be ok and a bit wiser.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Not wearing a helmet?  What a stupid, arrogant thing to do.