Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens  (Read 36580 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens
« Reply #60 on: March 7, 2006, 07:03 PM »
I read somewhere you couldn't use a star wars head.

Thats where i got confused, i can sculpt an alien and not use an existing SW head, but can it be a star wars species, or does it need to be my creation?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: March 7, 2006, 09:49 PM »
I read somewhere you couldn't use a star wars head.

Thats where i got confused, i can sculpt an alien and not use an existing SW head, but can it be a star wars species, or does it need to be my creation?

I was under the understanding that you just can't make any spieces Hasbro has made, so Bothans, Noghri, Vong, etc. are all ok, and of course you can make something up.
"This is the way."

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2006, 04:25 AM »
I work better when i finish things all at once. so sorry for no WIP pictures, but here is my entry

I made a Xi Charrian. 8) If you didn't read Labyrinth of Evil, the Xi Charrians were a race of religously motivated engineers that created many war droid designs, such as the Vulture Droids from TPM and ROTS. They actually modeled much of their designs after their own anatomy according to the book, so I tried to make it look like a organic version of the Vulture Droids, but with a bti of variation.
Anyways, here he is  :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Wow. I really like that design. I would have never though to use that base figure in that way. The only thing I would do is adjust the hands so they are flat to the ground. Very creative.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Thats a very cool looking alien.  It toom me a while to figure out what that body base was - very nicely done!

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2006, 02:47 PM »
thanks guys  8) ya it actually would look pretty cool if i made the hands lay flat, but then again the vulture droids walk on their pointed wings so i may leave it. I dont know what do you guys think? :-\

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2006, 05:17 PM »
You could sand down the hands so they look more like stalks -  like spider legs? Then again, how can you be an engineer without opposable thumbs? :P

This is so freakin' cool, though. I am *thoroughly* impressed with your level of sheer creativity. I really, *really* want one of these now. :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I started on my Kaleesh warrior named Qymaen Jai Sheelal AKA General Grievous.
I'm doing his charecter before he is transformed into a cyborg. I dremeled out a Grievous head to get his Mumuu skull mask which is his face plate on his cyborg body. here is what he looked like before.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:33 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2006, 02:09 AM »
Well, I finished up both entries in the Group Project and MCC tonight (this morning!?)

Edited for name:   Semel Odon.  He is a hermit that lives on Tatooine.  His species is the Shenzeeder.

looking at the last picture, I need to clean up the wash on the arms  :-\

Head - custom sculpted from Super Sculpy and I made a resin cast out of it. 
Body - OTC Myo
Hands - Chewbacca
Robe - not sure, found in my miscellaneous parts - I'm pretty sure that its Agen Kolars.
Staff - Part of a Staff from one of the EPI accessory kits and a thermal detonater.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:09 PM by BrentS »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Looks good, brents for your first sculpt it looks great,alot better than my first.
 I'd suggest a smaller robe becasue that one looks a little big. :-\ Besides that he looks pretty good.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Thanks for the comments.  I've actually been sculpting things for a little while (mostly trying helmets and other things).  However this was my first attempt something more "organic". 

I've gotten comments form two people about the robes so maybe they are off a little.  However,  I really liked this robe.  Maybe it does look a little big but I needed something to cover up the body as it didn't work for the look I was going for.  I wasn't trying to match the arms and "robe" its more like a sleeveless coverall.

I really need to name this guy and his species... I'm open to suggestions  ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:47 AM by BrentS »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2006, 05:03 PM »
That looks so much better now that it is painted. I would suggest loosing the tooth. It looks strange there all by itself. Maybe two would be better.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Phruby, glad you like the painted improvemtents.  I'm not sure what do about the uni-tooth.  I may look at it closer and see if I can add another one.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Damn!!! Everyone is making such great stuff, and I havent even started yet. I absolutely love the Xi Charrian. I may have to swipe this idea later, I loved the concept in the book.

I loke the look of BrentS's entry too. When I first saw the head sculpt I wasnt sure where he was going with it, but it came out looking pretty good.

Phrubys is just priceless. Imagine a whole planet of blue haired, animal eared Animae characters. ( Shudder!!) The Xyber 9 body and hands were a great choice. The over large glove kind of reminds me of Hellboy. ;D

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2006, 08:32 PM »
BrentS -

Let me add in that I really, really like your alien. He's very different from what we've seen before, and the parts you used to flesh out his design actually explain his look.

Your use of him in the preview shots was awesome as well. Props for the high degree of creativity and the excellent execution here.