Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens  (Read 36588 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Rem - thanks for the comments!  I'm glad that I was able to tie that mysterious head sculpt into something. 

I appreciate everyone's comments on this guy but I've decided to leave him as is.  I still want to clean up the wash under the arms but otherwise I don't think I'll modify the parts at all.  However, I do appreciate everyone's comments and I'll keep them in mind as I create more custom aliens.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2006, 04:11 PM »
He's fine leaving him as is, I like the tusk-tooth.   :)

I will hopefully have an alien to add to this by Monday.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2006, 11:50 PM »
My older sister drove me to TRU today after dinner, and I scored a Derlin which was what I needed to complete my alien. Some WIP shots should be up sometime tommo. :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Well folks I decided to skip the WIP shots and just go and finish it. I did this one this morning so lemme know what you all think. HE is a Kaleesh sith lord. The base is a Derlin body and legs are kit bashed from greivous, clones, and Derlin.

so with out further delay.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:06 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Darn, no pictures.... looking forward to seeing this one.  Sounds like an interesting mix of parts!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Pics are back up BRENTS. :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Now this is a really fascinating figure, one of your better customs I think.  Kind of an eerie looking alien - scary too.

That is a really good use of cloth goods too.

What alien species are you calling him?

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2006, 02:53 PM »
ill have my custom by tuesday
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Smartypants - looks good.  It is definitely a nice blend of parts.  One minor criticism would be to tighten up the lines along the face.  That small detailing is obviously very difficult to do.  I really like the soft goods use on this figure!

(sorry Starkid, thanks for correcting me)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:30 PM by BrentS »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 03:08 PM »
 From what I understood we could make anything that hasbro didn't, am I correct in thinking this.

If so then that guy is my entry. He is a kaleesh hailing from the war torn world of Kalee. He is the Same species as our Fav seperatist  general Grievous, only not fully mechanised.

Darth Griesao was brought to a secret Sith academy at 90 ABE (after battle of endor) As he got older he grew in skill and knowledge of sith power and lore. When he got to the Graduation ceremony he had to fight a fellow sith in order to pass, as all sith are required to do. Griesao was victorious but at the cost of working legs. He then constructed mechanical legs and he eventualy ascended to title SITH LORD.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2006, 04:03 PM »

For what it's worth.  I finally named this guy:    Semel Odon.  He is a hermit that lives on Tatooine.  His species is the Shenzeeder.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Good name for him Brent.

I need to get my butt in gear and make a custom for this.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2006, 08:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have seen everyone’s project entries for the various topics and I am impressed. I wanted to participate this month. I do not have much of custom fodder since I mostly sculpt my figures, but I did pick up a Mon Mothma for $.75 at Wal-mart in January. Since the head just pops off, I thought I could use one of my sculpted alien heads I did in Super Sculpty some time ago. It turned out to be to small it to be hollowed out and snapped on the neck post. So I started a new sculpt with my monster maker clay (www.monstermakers.com). This what I decided to come up with...

It is the female alien delegate from Babylon 5. I always loved to make other alien species creatures for the 3 3/4 inch (1:19 scale). I hope to have her finished this weekend and make a mold of her head so I can have a resin cast and paint it. I would love to hear from you on what you think of her and maybe have some fun and give her a name.

Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Jedi_Master_Ben, that's outstanding.  That head sculpt seems very natural for that body, and the sculpt is amazing.  Wow.  What colors are you going to make this figure?

As for a name... I like coming up with names.

...Senator Toona
...Jelsa Keem
...Wuld Solbar

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Thanks Chewie for the compliment. I love some of the names you posted. I have not chosen one yet. As for the color of the body, I have to be honest with you, I was not planning on painting it. I just did not put that much thought to it yet. I was more focus on the sculpting of the head at the moment. And if you like the head now, wait until I finnish the sculpt ;D.

I was diging around some of my old custom bins and found some unfinnished heads. They consist of three Babylon 5 aliens, and two Farscape aliens.

Also I found whats left of my Farscape figures I sculpted back in 1999. Unfortunatly, most of the figures did not survive the move and were completly lost to me. These are the only ones left. I did start to fix Pilot before I got sidetracked at work. I want to go back to these and start over now that I am a better sculptor and have better supplies. I do want to point out that even though Super Sculpty is easy to work with, it does have its set backs as you see in the pictures. Because of this tragidy, I now sculpt in wax clay and persue the process of wax and plastic castings.

I hope this will inspire the rest you and maybe give you some ideas as well. I really look forward to seeing everyones attempt this month.

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:52 PM by Jedi_Master_Ben »
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben