Author Topic: Animated OT-Era Show: Would You Like To See It?  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Animated OT-Era Show: Would You Like To See It?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06 PM »
I myself would be much more interested in a series simply called "Star Wars" than a "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" series, but stick it in the timeline between ANH and ESB and that gives plenty of opportunity for Rogue-centered stories, as Luke and Wedge were the leaders of the group at the time. Just let's not make it a show about Janson, Hobbie, and Zev from the get-go.

The show absolutely would have to get into minor characters to make it work in the long run, but the whole appeal to me of an OT-era show is the original heroes in further adventures, something that (other than the Marvel comics) has been sorely overlooked in the EU. And I know kids would eat up more of Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie. It almost writes itself.

I also would be disappointed to see a "Shadows of the Empire" series, as that would discount Han Solo from the mix, and pretty much that whole story-arc has already been told.

I feel the same way.  If we were going to see an OT-era animated series, I'd rather it be during a time when all the big names were available to be in it (Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Droids, Vader, etc.)  I don't mind a more "spread out" focus with episodes on members of Rogue Squadron or other areas, but I think it would be nice to at least have everyone available to appear here and there - and it would probably do better with the general public/kids if they had some more recognizable characters in there.  The time period between ANH and ESB seems good to me.