Author Topic: OTC Sales and Clearances!  (Read 22683 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
OTC Sales and Clearances!
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:11 PM »
I know that Walmarts around the land are supposedly having quite a few OTC figures for $3 each - anyone lucking out on these and scoring big?

So far I did run into a Walmart that had a few - bought the following figures for that price for army-building and custom fodder -

StormtrooperX1
Scout Trooper X3
Lobt X2
Bespin Leia X1

I was hoping to find some more Walmarts in my area with these, but nobody seems to have them... anyone having luck?  Or anyone want to help a Wookiee out if they have a Wally World in their area with a surplus of these?

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: $3 OTC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:20 PM »
I've got Madines and Bespin Leias here for $3 each.

I found an assload of Madines, Dignitary #2, and Achk Meds for $1.18 each at Target, too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I was lucky enough to stumble on a Bespin Luke for three bucks just after Christmas.

I've seen a few OTC Generals and Bespin Leias at Target, but the WalMart figures sold out quick, leaving only some VOTC Han and Bens for seven bucks. I'll wait to see if they come down a little more, then I'll finally nab a Ben for a decent price.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:45 PM »
Not a TON of great stuff left here...  Army builders are all gone it seems.

I see no CCP's anymore, etc...  :(  VOTC's down to pretty much just ANH wave leavins, and the Han's are moving now better than the others (Leia still goes though).

I'd love finding a bunch of the Han AT-ST.  I swapped parts around and while you wind up with 50% loss on figures, you can make some great Techs/Troopers if you've got the random generic heads to use with them, and you lose that lame-o left arm that the Han AT-St has.

You get more of a "Imperial Officer" pose then...  And a bunch of generic parts that'll be useable later on I'm sure. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Found $5 VOTC at Wally World today.  I still need a Han for a Carded set so if anyone sees one on clearance let me know ;)

Offline JangoJeff

• Youngling
  • Imperial at heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 01:29 PM »
I have been hearing that alot of the Walmarts have again lowered the price on the OTC figures from $3.00 to $2.00!

I saw some red tagged at $2.00 last night at my local Walmart! Sadly all that was there were Lobot's and Lando's!... >:(

Offline JangoJeff

• Youngling
  • Imperial at heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Found $5 VOTC at Wally World today.  I still need a Han for a Carded set so if anyone sees one on clearance let me know ;)

Yeah my local Walmart has about 30 of those VOTC Han!

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I've seen plenty of WMs with their OTC at $3.00, but they're almost universally the Endor Generals wave. I did manage a CCP from one a week or so ago, but that's been the only highlight.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Endor Gen's are long gone here.  I wish I was havin' your problem Jared...  Now we're inundated with Vader's mostly, but the Bespin wave (sans CCP) is lingering too...

The Gam Guards, Imperials (any kind), CCP, and any other general army builder (jawas, etc.) are long gone it seems.  I gotta get out tonight or tomorrow to see if new stuff's arriving because I keep hearing of VOTC ROTJ wave resurfacing as well...  I'd take some $5, $7, or (dare I say) $10 stormies still...  At least one.  I would grab a Chewie or two if I saw them  as well since people seem to need him yet.

Hell I'd even take 3PO and R2 openers at this stage...  I'm lamenting opening the only two I was willing to nab at $10 each.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 05:54 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 06:52 PM »
I've bought way too much stuff on ebay lately to take advantage of any good sales - I've tried to not go to any retailers lately if I can avoid it.

Damn you Paypal!!!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 09:22 PM »
in my neck of the woods, Walmart has cleared out of all OTC and VOTC, sans one poor beat up VOTC Lando. Target still has a bunch of OTC Endor General and Bespin wave leftovers at $2.38. The Prequel Post-OTC wave seems to be the mainstay now at stores around me.

Would love to be able to find a VOTC Han for under $5, hint hint hint....  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 09:54 PM »
My local WM still has Lukes, Bens, and Hans, albeit at $7 and I really wouldn't recommend those for a carded collection, as the clamshells are pretty scuffed up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 12:19 AM »
My nearest did the price drop to $2 OTC and $5 VOTC as well now...  Not a wide selection, and absolutely NO army builders now that I've cleaned them out. :)

They have a separate area with new POTC for their reset too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 12:47 AM »
Got a couple of decent pieces on sale.  VOTC Stormie for $7.  OTC Cloud Car Pilot and Madine for $3 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hurry! huge sale!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 09:24 PM »
www.urbanoutfitters.com

type in Star Wars in a search

HURRY!