Author Topic: Wizard World - Chicago  (Read 25148 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Any JD members going to Wizard World Chicago next week?
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2008, 10:54 AM »
JOT, have you been to the show yet? Was there anything of note worth checking out? Looks like I'll be at the show sometime late this afternoon as a buddy of mine is able to get me into the show. I'll be running around in my bright green "Got FFURG" shirt so if you see me stop and say hi. Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Any JD members going to Wizard World Chicago next week?
« Reply #76 on: July 1, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Well I did wind up going to Wizard World for a while on Saturday and had a good time, though had I not gotten in for free I might have expected more. I was actually surprised to see that the comic publishers - Marvel, DC, Dark Horse - had small footprints at the show while Intel and Diamond Select had sizable exhibits, actually Intel's was humongous. Considering this use to be the Chicago Comic-Con, one would expect a bigger impression by the comic industry.

I met a few of the wrestlers that were signing autographs - Mick Foley, Al Snow, Terri Runnels, and Dawn Marie. Fun times as always there, everyone was personable and of course the ladies we're mighty fine. Same goes for most of the cosplay chicks running around, well almost all of them, hah!

I also checked out the Sansweet presentation which piqued my interest for Force Unleashed and got me more excited for Clone Wars. Sansweet mentioned that no decision regarding Celebration V has been made despite the numerous suggestions to have CV at the same location as WW. :) He did mention serious discussions would take place in the Fall after CW hit and Celebration Japan was over with. Part of the hold up may be due to the fact that they're looking at options for a new licensor to handle the event (as is to be expected after the CIV situation) and based on other comments you could kinda get a good idea as to who the new licensor could possibly be (think Fan Club breakfasts and the like).

The best part of the show though was walking out with a loose and complete vintage AT-AT Walker in pretty good condition with ESB box for a nice little price. Also scored a couple of upgrades for vintage figures and of course the free swag - issues of ToyFare and Wizard.

All in all a good time, not sure if worth the $25 entry, but still fun nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2008, 05:03 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot