Author Topic: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 10-02-2016 Go to Last Page  (Read 354758 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Grand Admiral
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Here is my Grand Admiral. This custom will be a major character in my upcomming photo Novel series.
This Custom was much more difficult than it looks. In order to get the Ball Socket Shoulders on the Lobot Body I had to 1st holow out the shoulder sockets w/ my dremel. Then I had to very carefully drill a tiney hole in each of the pegs that originally attached the Arms to there previous owner(Some Army of Darkness Guy). Then I had to attach the arms to each other via a small metal rod, cut from a heavy duty paper clip, through the Lobot body.The rest was just your Custom Basics, Paint, Head Swap, etc.. LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 04:05 PM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 11-27-05
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2005, 04:07 PM »
That's pretty cool looking, Fritzkrieg. Do his shoulders still move? What head is that? It's a nice looking headscuplt.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Very nice custom indeed and very very well done on putting together great work.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Great custom Frietzkrieg!  Overall I think this is one of your best.  Really great choice of parts, and very inventive using the rod in the middle to get both of those ball jointed arms on him.

He really has a very cool distinguished look to him.  The Madine head is a good choice too... I see influences of the Mon Calamari in the leg stripes.

Overall one of my favorites you've made!  Can't wait to see his part in a photonovel!

:P

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2005, 09:11 PM »
He looks way to much like a US Civil War sailor or Captain minus a cap...though he does render in as a good New Republican Admiral ....not Imperial

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Wow. Simple looking but technically difficult to build. Very impressive.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Mon Cal Jedi
« Reply #51 on: December 8, 2005, 11:47 AM »
I saw InRem's Mon Cal Jedi and was so envious I had had to have one of my own. I decided I needed to make him a little different though, So I gave him a Different Skin Tone although I think the Red version InRem did looks asteticly more believable as a Mon Cal Jedi. And I also decided to give him Clone Boots and Shin guards again I like the Jedi boots better but I wanted him to look different than the Other Mon Cal Jedi in these forums. This fig is basically Part swaps from kiadi Mundi ,Teana Mils, and the AT-TE Clone
from the knees down. Suprisingly the parts all fit well together w/ no alterations needed. LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:27 PM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Infamous Death Star Construction Worker 2.0
« Reply #52 on: December 8, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Decided to make another one of these guys for my upcomming Photo Novel. I took a lot of suggestions about my 1st version of this Custom and aplied it to this one. I did'nt have the heart to alter my 1st version. I'll probably make about 5 different variation of these Zero-G Construction Workers for my Novel they will play a pivitol role in my story line. LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 12-08-2005
« Reply #53 on: December 8, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Fritzkrieg -

I am so glad you finally got this Mon Cal Jedi posted here. Thanks for your kind comments re: Sedo Crus, but I have to say you've blown poor Sedo out of the water with this effort. :)

Let me be the first to comment here at JD about how impessed I am with the paint work on this guy's head. It is special-effects-creature-shop good, man! The tiger stripes are very consistent with Mon Cal from ROTJ, and switching him up to a green base removes any question that he is NOT Meena Tills :). You've also done a very nice job on the hands; perfect consistency there.

I really like how Ki's body accomodates the Mon Cal Jedi. The neck is long, and the forearms short to accept the middle-length parts from M.T.

The use of the Clone boots, though, might be my favorite upgrade. Where I opted to stick with Ki's boots, this one makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.

[Tangent]I know Master_phruby disagrees with humanoid feet on a Mon Cal, but given what we have seen from ROTJ through ROTS, I think it's safe to say these feet are at least cannon. Perhaps Mon Cal swim with their forearms, having abandonned flipper feet ages ago to better facilitate their amphibious ways? Who knows... And crabs have spikes for feet, so I think it's fair to say there's a broad spectrum of possibilities (Mon Cal to me seem like fish crossed with crabs, so...).  Suffice to say I dig these feet, and I look forward to Master_Phruby's web-footed version :) [/Tangent]

Finally, I really appreciate your giving him a yellow saber. Lucas be damned with his blue and green, I *like* yellow! It looks to me like you've used a Gundam hilt for the saber... I considered the very same thing (as I took my yellow blade from a Gundam fig).

We need to get a pic of these guys together... email me a higher-res version so I can composite them. :)

As for the Zero-G Const. Worker, I really dig this one, too. He looks decidedly non-military, which is a big plus. He's got bulked up gear on for warmth, another big plus. And the helmet is dead-on perfect for a worker (with the light attachments)

The only suggestion I would make would be to somehow give him a visor. If he's building in space, we can't have his eyes exposed. :) You might be able to fill the opening in the helmet with sculpy?

Where did this helmet come from?

Great work. Thanks for sharing.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 12-08-2005
« Reply #54 on: December 9, 2005, 03:19 AM »
Hi Fritz

Your Mon Cal Jedi looks really great not over done on the armour which is what I like about it.

Zero-G Construction Worker is brillant he's even better then the first one you did and that was a great looking custom as well, I think it's the added gear and different helmet on this one that makes him look like he been slaving away on a huge project well done.

Ron

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Imperial Captain
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Sorry for posting these here so late. I can not view the JD forums from my home computer. I don't know why, but if anyone can help me out w/ this problem I'd appreciate it.
This is going to be a major character in my upcomming Photo Novel.It's a simple part swap custom w/ just a tiny bit of dremel work. LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
A couple more of my Imp.Construction Guys
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 05:37 PM »
These guys are going to play a pivotal role in my Photo Novel series.
This first Custom is a Forman/Owner of a Construction firm hired by the Empire. I really like the Gritty look of the 21st century's Marine Heads. I was trying to give this guy a that really hard life look. His character is this tough as nails Construction contracter And Veteran of the Clone Wars, who's trying to make a better life for himself and his family.

My second Custom is just another Imp Construction Worker in a Zero-G suit. I used orange for his suit trying to give him that saftey color look that was suggested on my earlier D.S. Construction Workers, but I think he came out looking too much like a rebel in a Zero-G suit, I think I may repaint him of mabey change his patches to Rebel Insignias.

LMk what you think,
Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 12-12-2005
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 08:44 PM »
Nice use of the Billy Brennan figure from the JP3 line. 8)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 12-12-2005
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Sorry I've gotten behind on your updates.

Construction Worker - Very good idea here.  Seems like we would see a ton more people like this in the movies, but only get a glimpse of most workers in the visual dictionaries.

Zero G Suit - Pretty cool too... I think the color seems a bit bright, but that's just a matter of opinion... maybe the Luke head is making me think this is an over-inflated X-Wing suit.   ;)  Seriously though, it does look good.  I think maybe some sort of brownish color would look good too.

:P

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Sith Witch (Tales of the Jedi Era)
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Looks like I'm back Up again. I don't know what was wrong but it apparently fixed it's self.

I Took a break from my photo Novel and made this Late last night. This is my interpretation of a Sith Witch from the "Tales of the Jedi" Era. LMk what you think.

Here is My Sith Witch and her Master Puttin a Hurtin on a couple of my Custom Jedi Knights.

Fritzkrieg