Author Topic: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 10-02-2016 Go to Last Page  (Read 354770 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-06-2007
« Reply #810 on: May 6, 2007, 10:27 PM »
 :D :D ENLOE- Rock god HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Good one Fritz!! ;D ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Vanguard
« Reply #811 on: May 7, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Here are a couple of custom quickies I made up using BPI optical dye to tint the flak-jackets black. The tint does not fade like RIT dye and takes very fast. LMK what you think.

Okay Fritz I used to think that Chewie cranked out stuff fast, but with sweat shop of Jawa's out on strike  :P you have really been busting them out.  Great stuff as always-always love the vehicles I'm really dying for some Star Wars "land" vehicles, much more intresting for dio's.  I do think along with the Ball Socket Tutorial We really need to know how you're doing the whole Dye thing and where you're buying it at 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-06-2007
« Reply #812 on: May 8, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Nice customs as always.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
The Snow Beast's New Home
« Reply #813 on: May 9, 2007, 01:37 PM »
This is not one of my customs, but one I commissioned from Owen's Customs.

This thing is even better in person. I highly recommend Owen for any commission jobs. He really pulled this one off for me. I'm going to print out a nice arctic backdrop to give the dio more depth.

Here's a link to Owens website:
 Owens Customs 
Fritzkrieg

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-09-2007
« Reply #814 on: May 9, 2007, 04:16 PM »
 :o :o oh wow!!! That is really cool!! I like the beast he's riding on 8)

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #815 on: May 11, 2007, 05:10 PM »
now this rules...i love the whole idea of keller and his troops...so i looooove this...ps the beast is impressive
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Imperial Artillery Crewman
« Reply #816 on: May 16, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Here is one of my latest Order66Customs projects. LMK what you think.

Imperial Artillery Crewman

Fritzkrieg

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Imperial Ranger 2.0
« Reply #817 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42 PM »
I revised my Imperial Ranger Concept, and decided to go with the lighter Scout Trooper armor for the torso, which made the construction a lot more stable on this version.LMK what you think.

Imperial Ranger 2.0

Here's a comparison shot

Fritzkrieg

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 16, 2007, 09:16 PM »
for the scout dude did you have to strech the head or was it a perfect fit?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
SA Imperial Officer Tutorial
« Reply #819 on: May 16, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Here is my little visual "How-TO" guide for making a SA Imperial Officer.

1.Get your parts together. I chose a Clone head for this one but feel free to pick any generic head you like. I find the Moff Jerjerrod torso to be the easiest for this conversion. Solid torsos are much easier to work with than hollow ones. For the arms I went with my "Go-To" Saw Viper fodder. The articulation is hidden better on the Saw Vipers than most other Joes and he has a great generic head. The bottom half of the tunic is from Jerjerrod aswell. For the legs I went with another "Go-To" fodder favorite, the Saga DS Gunner. And finally for the Cap I'm going to scalp it off of Genral Veers because it is a little wider and fits this Clone better than the others I've tried.

2. Begin Converting parts for assembly. I use a cone shaped grider bit to make 2 shallow sockets in each side of the Jerjerrod torso where the original arms plugged in. Don't just shove the grinder bit in to widen the holes. Hold the Dremel at a 45 Degree angle and place only the very tip of the cone in the hole. Then work your way around the hole shaving away just a couple millimeters around it until you've created a small crater just deep enough for the Ball-Socket to rest in.

3. Now we've got to do something about the DS Gunners oversized Hips and But. Time to perform a little Lipo with your dremel. Using your cone shaped grider, shave away the excess plastic until the hips fit easily into the bottom half of the tunic. Don't worry if it does'nt look pretty the Tunic will hide you butcher job.

4. Be sure to slit the tunic to allow full articulation of the legs. This is something Hasbro needs to do on some of their most recent figures.

5. Now to modify the head to fit on the torso. Fortunatly this head required only a little modification. I used my router bit to widen the socket just a little and it fit perfectly.

7. Time to make him a cap. Now this is where your skills with the Dremel really get tested. First I remove the bulk of Veer's head with a pair of pliers. No need wasting time trying to dremel away all that excess palstic. Then I start to hollow out the cap with the dremel. The only way to do this is to hold the cap in your fingers as you dremel it out, so you can tell when your getting close to going through the palstic. Only the customizers with the most experience with dremels should try this technique. I test fit the cap a couple of time to see if I need to remove more palstic.

8. Now that all of your parts are prepped, microwave yourself a bowl of water. Drop the Torso in. When it's good in soft, fish it out and pop your peices together.

9. Prep for paint. I really like this new Paint I've discovered by Tamiya It's made for plastics and seems to hold up better at the articulation points. I use the Tamiya for the base coat then paint the details using acrylic paint. When he's dry reassemble accessorize and enjoy the Results!

Fritzkrieg

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Rebel BARC Courier
« Reply #820 on: May 16, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Here is my latest Vehicle project. I chahged up my weathering technique a little as per Chewie's suggestion. LMK what you think.

Durring the Galactic Civil War. Much of the under funded Rebellions equipment was made up of decommissioned imperial hardware. The BARC Speeders were perticularly plentiful after the Clone Wars ended and were bought and sold regulary in both Civilian and Military after markets. The Rebels used these swift speeders as courier vehicles. Do to advanced Imperial jamming devices Rebel Couriers were often the only line of communication that Rebel Genrals had betwwen them and there troops on the front lines.

Rebel BARC Courier

Fritzkrieg

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 05-16-2007
« Reply #821 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48 PM »
 8) Sweet, Fritz!!! One cool speeder 8)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 16, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Fritz,

Great work and thanks for sharing your visual "How-TO" guide. It's always cool to see how others go about putting together their work.

One question, I have been wanting to ask for a very long time, but always forget when I post a reply. What is that wall section you use in some of your pictures from? It has all the gun shells and looks beat up. I really like it and need to find something like it for myself.

Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 17, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Commander Keller, beast and friends are amazing, you are very lucky to get some of Owen's awesome work. I still dn't know how he does it all. And I used to not know how you did it all, too, at least how you do those awesome Imp. officers, until you shared tha wonderful how-to guide with all of us. Thank you for that, Ill have to try it out. As for your Imperial Rangers they are a wonderful clone concept and make great customs. Keep up the excellent work, Fritz!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Awesome job again Fritz. You're one of the best customizers out there, IMHO.

Thanks greatly for the how-to guide.

Now to looking for the parts!!

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010