Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39165 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2006, 03:08 AM »
I forgot to mention it here in this thread, but several folks here in SoCal (including myself) have found the four new Order 66 sets over the last several days at Target stores (Palpy/Ani vs. Jedi, 501st & Shocks), so keep your eyes peeled for them when you're out and about now.

Still thoroughly annoyed that we're getting a duplicate Royal Guard in two of the sets, but no Eeth Koth for the Emperor vs. Jedi scene.  Lame.  I trust Hasbro will be rectifying that error in the near future, as it's definitly been brought to their attention as far back as Comic Con when they originally announced these sets.

New sets definitely lookin' pretty cool though, otherwise...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Wow, I guess I'm the only one still buying these around these parts.... ???

Anyway, one of the local WMs had a huge pallet/aisle obstruction in the middle of the floor with the new "Ultimate Battle Packs" on one side (equal numbers of each of the three) and those Galactic Heroes 12 packs on the other side (I didn't bother to count those).  19.76 for each on both sides.

Now, modified after further inspection, is the list of differences between the figures included in the 10-packs and their regular issue 4-pack versions, where applicable:

GEONOSIS: 
-Mace Windu is the Order 66-Jedi Masters Mace with the base repainted in orange
-Clone Commander has a new head and is a repaint of the Utapau Clone Trooper (Firing Pose) with an orange base
-The 3 Clone Troopers have new heads and are repaints of the Utapau Clone Troopers (Firing Pose, Running Pose, and Standing at Attention pose) with orange bases
-The Battle Droids (both poses) are repaints of the Utapau Battle Droids in pink with orange bases
-The Super Battle Droid is a repaint of the Utapau SBD in silver with an orange base
-The Destroyer Droids are identical to the Utapau BD Destroyer Droids

KASHYYYK:
-Yoda is a repaint of the Kashhyk and Felucia Heroes Yoda with a brown "flight effect", muddier water, and an overall darker look
-The 3 Elite Clones have slightly different deco on their bodies (nothing really notable) but all three have greener bases than the previous releases
-The Wookiee Warrior with dreadlocks is a slight repaint of the WWwD from the Kashyyyk Wookiee Warriors set; this version has darker fur and no gray highlights
-The Wookiee Warrior with shield and rifle is a repaint of the WWwSaR from the Kashyyyk Wookiee Warriors set; this version has much lighter fur
-The Battle Droids (both poses) are repaints of the Utapau Battle Droids (with the Hasbro "camo" stripes)
-The Super Battle Droid is a slight redeco (a bit more dirty) of the Utapau SBD with a brownish-green base
-The Destroyer Droid is identical to the Utapau BD Destroyer Droid

HOTH:
-Darth Vader is a straight repack of the Vader from the Imperial set
-Luke Skywalker is a straight repack of the Luke from the Wampa Attack set
-3 Imperial Snowtroopers are straight repacks of 3 of the ST from the 4 pack (the only one not included in this set from that one is the single-handed shooter ST)
-1 Imperial Snowtrooper Officer is a straight repack of the ISTO from the E-Web set
-3 Hoth Rebel Soliders are repaints from the HRS 4 packs (the only one not included is the "awkward running pistol guy") with either brown coats or pants
-1 Hoth Rebel Solider is a repaint of the sitting cannon guy from the Deluxe Turret Box set with brown pants

So, all in all, unless you're an army builder with these (guilty as charged), you could probably pass on these and not miss anything big.  If you have to get one, though, go with the Geonosis set, as that one has the most "new" content of all the sets, what with four never before released AOTC-era Clones, and a much better decorated version of the SBD.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2007, 05:51 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: January 6, 2007, 06:34 AM »
I'm still buying them too, Michael.  Just hasn't been much to grab lately, aside from the rehashed 10-packs.  They've recently hit 50% clearance prices at Targets out here, so at $10 they're a lot easier to stomach.  Of course, it would help if I could find some of them at that clearance price...  >:(

Lots of good stuff on tap for this line though, so the upcoming months should bring about some cool figures.  They seem to be selling quite well, as there's pretty much none left in my neck of the woods, so that's a promising sign for the line.

Looks like we didn't even post some pix in here of the new stuff coming up.  I'll have to see if I can track those down to slap in here...

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 6, 2007, 12:07 PM »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 6, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Just hasn't been much to grab lately, aside from the rehashed 10-packs.  They've recently hit 50% clearance prices at Targets out here, so at $10 they're a lot easier to stomach.  Of course, it would help if I could find some of them at that clearance price...  >:(

I'm in the same boat here.  I would have readily bought 2 or 3 more of the Geonosis set at the 10 price, but Target here never even put them out at regular price, much less half off.  Wal-Mart's entire stock disappeared before Christmas (it seemed like this line, overall, started to disappear from shelves much more quickly as Christmas approached), and while TRU still has one of each 10-pack, they're also 5 bucks more expensive than everywhere else. 

Also, just a little update to my earlier inventory of differences in the 10-pack figures and their 4 pack counterparts:  The 3 Elite Clones and the Super Battle Droid in the Kashyyyk set have differently colored bases than their 4 pack versions.  The SBD is also slightly more worn than the Utapau version.  These aren't huge differences, but they're a method of spotting which version is which on first glance.

I love the ANH stuff that's coming out soon (thank you, starwax for posting the photos!).  Is it just me or does it look like Vader's right hand is sculpted just wide enough to fit around a certain Captain's neck?  It'd be great if Hasbro either made Antilles base removable (it already looks like his right arm is sculpted to add balance to Vader's arm), or packed in a "hidden" Antilles (like the saddled Hoth Han Solo) specifically for Vader's hand?  ;D

Mark me down for multiples (many, many, many multiples) of the Stormtroopers, RFTs, Sandtroopers, and Tuskens.  And even though I know this isn't the place for it, that Jawa on top of R5-D4 would have been great as part of the 7" line, if it still existed.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: January 6, 2007, 03:09 PM »
I'm enjoying the breakdown on the differences between the figures Michael, so keep it up as I've been too lazy to figure it out for myself so far.  At least there are a few differences, I guess.  Still, easier to stomach if I can re-find those 3 sets at half off.  I'll keep trying, and will let you know if I manage any extras...

I love the ANH stuff that's coming out soon (thank you, starwax for posting the photos!).

Ditto.  Thanks for the photo summary there, wax.  Nice to see all the upcoming stuff in one place like that (and it saved me the time of digging it up myself).  I just hope they continue to sell well so the line can continue to expand through more of the OT settings.  Based on the pix of what's on tap next, Hasbro really appears to be starting at the beginning of ANH and progressing forward through the movie, scene by scene.  That'd be fine by me if that's how they went about the line.  I'd love to get a few more of the Droid Sale droids in the mix though (LIN, Treadwell), and obviously a buttload of the Cantina aliens, before heading into the Tarkin, Luke/Han Stormies, Rebel & TIE Pilots territory.

or packed in a "hidden" Antilles (like the saddled Hoth Han Solo)

Is there really a hidden Han to ride the Tauntaun in that set?!  Good Lord, I never knew that (since I haven't gotten around to opening any of mine yet).  That's cool, especially since I was completely befuddled as to why they'd include a Tauntaun with no one to ride it.  If you're right about the Vader/Antilles chokehold possibilities, that'd be very cool as well.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 6, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I'm enjoying the breakdown on the differences between the figures Michael, so keep it up as I've been too lazy to figure it out for myself so far.  At least there are a few differences, I guess. 

You're welcome.  It seems like the most differences are, obviously, in the Geonosis set, since that has the only actual sculpt change across the three sets, and only the Droidekas are identical to the past release.  The least differences (at least obviously) are in the Hoth set, with the only paint changes being on the four Hoth Rebel Soldiers, who now have brown vests or pants instead of the white-ish.  I'll update the list below with the information, just because I'm a weirdo.  ;D

Is there really a hidden Han to ride the Tauntaun in that set?!  Good Lord, I never knew that (since I haven't gotten around to opening any of mine yet).  That's cool, especially since I was completely befuddled as to why they'd include a Tauntaun with no one to ride it.

Yep, he's inside the cardboard insert, and IIRC (I don't have my packaging still), it has a little blurb on the right side of the card or the insert that says something like "alternate Han Solo inside!"  It's the same figure from the waist up (which explains the horrid positioning of the one arm on that version), but from the waist down, it's a brand new sculpt of a saddle and legs that fit right on the Tauntaun.  :)

I'm really hoping that the line continues, and I wouldn't be against them going straight through the films this year at all.  They've already pretty well covered Hoth, but there's still Cloud City and maybe one Dagobah set they could do from ESB, along with a crapload of Jabba's Palace, Endor, and Death Star things they could do from ROTJ.  I really wish that the deluxe sets (the Snowspeeder and Gun Emplacement) would have done better so they would have done more in that series, but the figures work well on their own.  I do hope they'll continue doing slightly larger things like the Wampa and Tauntaun from time to time, though.  Maybe a three pack of Luke, Leia, and a Biker Scout with bikes would be a possibility if they go that route.   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Just a heads-up to those of you who care:  my local Target put out a case of older sets (the Felucia Clones, Utapau Droids, Kashyyyk Clones, Wookiee Warriors) earlier this week.  It kind of surprised me since I hadn't heard of these being rereleased, but there they were.  I went ahead and picked up the Kashyyyk Clones and the Battle Droids, and the Felucia Clones had disappeared by later that evening.  Anyone else seeing this at their Targets?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2007, 05:09 AM »
:'( I still really like the UBPs, but I'm out for the foreseeable future. With the exception of the Tusken Raiders--I have to have one of those.

Mainly the money just ain't there. Perhaps someday I can go back for them on the secondary market, or as rereleases.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2007, 04:37 PM »
 :( I don't care for them >:( I wished they did more 7"Unleashed :'(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2007, 03:38 AM »
Just a heads-up to those of you who care:  my local Target put out a case of older sets (the Felucia Clones, Utapau Droids, Kashyyyk Clones, Wookiee Warriors) earlier this week.

I came across the same thing this past weekend, Michael.  Odd, but perhaps Hasbro's just letting some of the late arrivals catch up on the first few sets...

I just wish Target would put out some more 10-packs, since that was one of the only items I missed catching on clearance last month.  :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Hey Matt, let's talk more amongst ourselves!  ;D

I'm beyond psyched about the new stuff shown at Toy Fair.  I think the only thing missing that would have thrilled me even more is a Boba Fett.  Luke and Han Stormies?  Tarkin?  Stormtroopers (okay, we'd seen those already, but still, it's Stormtroopers)?  Rebel Pilots?  TIE Pilots? 

After seeing this lineup, the line MUST NOT DIE.  My wallet will most likely die, but this line must not. :)

I don't know what I think about the "Force Unleashed" things, though.  I guess I'll have to play the game first, but I kind of wish they would have just kept that in the main basic figure line and devoted the 8 or so figures to the stuff in ANH they've missed (like Cantina Aliens outside of Greedo).

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2007, 02:08 AM »
I must say, the FUL subline looks pretty spiffy.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Found the next wave in Palmdale,CA. They had the stormy set, rebel trooper set, tatooine set and the Leia/Vaser set.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I usually don't look too closely at these, but I saw the latest wave at WM this morning as well - and I have to admit, I was half tempted to pick them up.  Much of the line so far has been prequel-based, so I haven't been paying as close of attention, but seeing that four pack of Stormtroopers, as well as sets containing many of the main characters - I took a closer look and they didn't look too bad.  Plus, they're small, so they'd be easier to store and/or display.  I keep telling myself "I don't need another line", but I have to say that these were tempting for the first time today.  Part of me considers just picking up the base characters and some fo the troops, and call it good - but I should probably stay away altogether.