Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39166 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 09:19 AM »
I hate to say it, 'cause I know I'll get reamed for it, but I'll probably pick up the OT sets in this line.  I'm an absolute sucker for anything "miniature", and if these come with diorama pieces/playsets like the LOTR sets do, then I'm all over them.

Please don't hate me... 

To be honest, after seeing the rumors of Hoth sets coming up in this line possibly, I'm slightly interested as well.  I'm still not 100% sold on them, and I'm still quite frustrated with the regular Unleashed line coming to an end (or hiatus), but the OT sets might be tempting.  Hoth especially.  I'll have to see what they look like first though.  Also, I don't know why they transferred the "unleashed" name over to these either.  That's doing more harm than good.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Are these out yet?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Are these out yet?

No, but with the cancellation delay of the last wave of Unleashed until 2006, I'd wager that means Hasbro is trying to get these out sooner rather than later.  I'd guess they'll turn up in time for the holiday rush (I think the original target was October).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 09:55 PM »
Just so I am understanding this right.......Hasbro is just suspending the 7" figures, but the battle packs are still coming out soon?  I took it as they were holding off the whole line till next year.
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 05:01 AM »
The "Unleashed" Battle Packs are due sometime during the last quarter of this year - no idea on exactly when though.  Not in the next month though, I doubt, or we would've probably seen some show up from some international eBayers by now.

As for the 7" line, yeah, the final wave has been delayed until sometime early next year.  No idea why.  But after that wave, it's totally up in the air as to when more may be made, since Hasbro said at SDCC that the 7" Unleashed line was going on an indefinite hiatus for awhile...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Looks like the MouseDroid gang have found some great new pictures of these guys.

The carded shots are kinda blurry, but the loose ones are great!

Hmmm... looks like the loose shots are gone now?
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 09:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 7, 2005, 09:23 AM »
To be honest, the loose pics do look pretty nice.  I'm kind of undecided on these, but we'll have to see.  If there is a Hoth wave in the future (as I've seen rumored), I might break down and get those if the quality is nice.  It might be fun to set up a little Hoth battle with these things.  Maybe still a little bitter that the 7" Unleashed is going away (at least for awhile), but this line might not be too bad either....if the quality is as good as the loose shots indicate.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 7, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I think these will look great, especially paired with the Universe Huge/vehicles.  I think they're the same scale.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 9, 2005, 09:49 PM »
These babys are starting to grow on me, especially the Obi/Cody/Grievous/MagnaDroid pack. :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005, 01:39 PM »
You know, they might make for a better presentation than the 7" line - it sure as hell is going to be easier to make dioramas.

I've always found it difficult to display my loose 7" unleashed figures and make them look halfway decent.

What's the SRP?  $9.99?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 06:06 PM »
I think these will look great, especially paired with the Universe Huge/vehicles.  I think they're the same scale.

That'd be pretty cool if they were, Jay, but aren't these supposed to be 2"?  The Universe minis are more like 1" each.

I just hope they put out some diorama and accessory pieces, like in the LOTR Armies of Middle Earth line.  If not, I probably won't buy into this line.

If they do, I'm hoping I can go OT only, and stay away from the Prequel stuff...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2005, 02:21 AM »
I personally think they look terrible.

I wasn't going to buy them anyway, but I didn't like the way they looked.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 03:10 PM »
No, there not the same scale as the miniatures game figs.

No, I'm still not wavering on my earlier decision to NOT get these
I'm voting with my dollars by holding my dollars for 7 inch unleashed again!
These new ones look Craptacular to me/LONG LIVE the Original Unleashed!

I think Hasbro will crash and burn with these- watch them overproduce them like the LOTR figs were, then, watch them sit on the shelf all unpopular..LOL ::)

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2005, 08:27 PM »
I really enjoy miniature figures mostly due to the fact that they make great displays and creating diaramas is a lot easier (and cheaper) than with the 3 3/4 size.  While I absolutely hate that the 7" Unleashed are on hold for the time being, I don't think these miniatures are the reason at fault for that.  I am going to give these a chance...if they look like **** once they come out and are manufactured poorly then I'll pass on them.  But some of the pictures look pretty nice, and an army of these guy would be pretty sweet...

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Unleashed battle backs have hit south OC this morning...pick up a set of all 4.

Walmart price point is $9.88.

Not sure if I am going to keep them or not...I'm a big fan of the unleashed line but still not sure about the smaller versions...

Aren't these a couple of months early?