Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39177 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2007, 04:29 AM »
For you Unleashed BP experts:

Are there 4 different 10-packs?  I only have 3 listed in my Checklist, but I'd swear there's a fourth one.

(3 months later)...  Nope, just those three, Jess.

Speaking of which, the three NEW (Death Star) sets are out now, as I came across the Tarkin/Luke & Han Stormie set at a SoCal TRU today.  Good thing too, since this line needed a breath of life in it.  Nothing new for quite some time now, unless you're a packaging completist and wanted the four recarded Order 66/Emperor vs. Jedi sets that were re-released last month.

Some decent stuff shown at C4 and Comic Con for this line, but I guess no one's stuck a recap in here yet...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 6, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Nothing new for quite some time now, unless you're a packaging completist and wanted the four recarded Order 66/Emperor vs. Jedi sets that were re-released last month.

Amend that to read "this month" in my area, as TRU just got two cases of these over the weekend, and there has been hide nor hair of the Death Star-themed sets.  I'm curious if Hasbro is going to claim the Order 66 sets are a separate assortment and are not preventing new sets from reaching the pegs.  ;)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Jeez, replying to myself around here...   ;)

One of the local Wal-Marts, after not restocking these for the past four months, finally got a case of the second rerelease assortment (with the Utapau Commanders, Utapau Battle Droids, Kashyyyk 41st Elite, and Felucia Star Corps sets) over the weekend.  I grabbed the only set of BDs still hanging about, but otherwise, it was the normal contingent of the Tantive IV Commanders, Greedo/Han/Chewie/Garindan, Tusken Raiders, and Luke/Ben/R2/Threepio/Jawa that have been collecting dust for the past few months.

I've still not seen the Death Star sets anywhere, and given that fact, I'm not holding out much hope for the Galactic Marine/187th/Spider Droid sets that are supposedly coming this fall.

Something tells me that, sadly, this line is going to be cancelled sooner rather than later.   :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Wow, I'm replying to myself again.  JediMAC, come in here and keep me company! :)

Still no sign of the Death Star themed packs in my neck of the woods, and I'm thinking that the retailers here skipped over them completely.  We have gotten several shipments of the ROTS repack waves, though, so it's like 2006's 3.75" Greatest Battles assortment, only in 2" scale.  Target put out one, count 'em, ONE new UL BP yesterday (Mygeeto Clone Battalion) so that's 1/3 of that wave down.

And I was really looking forward to getting several of the Droid Factory set to diversify the Separatist army.  :-\

Offline Squid89

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 5, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Don't lose hope yet.  I managed to find the Mygeeto, Droid Factory, Mace's Clones wave (Target).  Still have yet to see the Death Star Trooper set, but managed to get the rest of the DS wave.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 5, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Don't lose hope yet.  I managed to find the Mygeeto, Droid Factory, Mace's Clones wave (Target). 

Ditto since my last post.  Target kind of dragged out that case, but after the singular Mygeeto Clone Battalion set, they put out the second one of those the next day, both 187th Clone sets the day after, and both Droid Factory sets two days after that.  Weird.  And like I said, those repacked "New Empire" and "Jedi Masters" sets aren't keeping new sets from hitting the pegs AT ALL.   ::)

I have to say that I'm a little worried about the Death Star-themed sets, though.  I figured Hasbro would have them up on HTS by this point, but it doesn't seem like they have anything from this year's Unleashed lineup available right now.  :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2008, 01:08 PM »
ECHO!  echo...echo...echo...echo

For some bizarre yet fortuitous reason, Target put out a case of the Death Star wave yesterday, and I was able to pick up one of each of the three sets.  I'd definitely like to grab another 2 or 3 Death Star Trooper sets before these stop shipping to complement the Stormtrooper battalion on the shelves.

No sign of the Mygeeto/Droid Factory/187th wave since the early December sighting.  The only things on the pegs in most places are those damned 2006 repacks these days. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but I found the Force Unleashed packs this morning at one of the local WMs.  I was relieved/surprised to find that the price was still the same as last year, especially considering the recent price increase on comic packs.  I still have no plans to get any of the non-EVO and Jump Trooper figures from the basic line (except maybe Vader), but I can cope with little 2 inch versions better than I can the big ones.

Two of the four figures in the Imperial Troops and Empire sets are straight repaints (both Stormtrooper Commanders and both Emperor's Shadow Guards), but the new figures in those packs are okay.  The Palpatine is the nicest figure of those two sets, but for some reason one of his wrists is underhanded.  The Shadow Guard repaints are kind of shoddy, considering you can still make out the tip of the ERG force pikes under the red "lightsaber" effect.  They could have just clipped that off in the mold for these, but then again, maybe it's some game thing that I don't know (or care) about.

The "Unleashed Warriors" pack is okay, I guess, although none of the characters are particularly interesting from a visual standpoint.  There's the stripper Dark Jedi with the night stick lightsabers, another older Jedi looking guy, the female Imperial Officer, and the "Secret Apprentice."  Of note is that the actual figure's head has blonde hair and a slightly different sculpt than the photo of the figure on the back of the card (which has black hair).  I thought that was kind of weird.

Anyway, for the two people in the country who actually collect these, they're out there.  :)