Author Topic: Aayla Secura finished  (Read 29421 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Aayla Secura finished
« on: March 5, 2006, 04:54 PM »
No not the actress but the Microlady version! ;D  After the success of the Microlady Slave Girl Leia, I've decided to follow it up with a Microlady version of Aayla Secura. As you can see I've added the head. Now I need to mix some paint to make the body match the head. Any suggestions on color or paint combinations for this?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:24 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Aayla Secura naked! - wip
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Scared me there, Phrubes.  After making your Moroni figure, I thought you were going down the dark path. 

While I think the microman figures are a little too bulky and over-jointed for scantily-clad SW figures, you did a great job with the Leia.  What are your plans for her clothing/accessories?  Painting them on?  Soft goods?  Sculpting, or kit-bashing?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2006, 08:50 PM »
I'm planning on dremeling the top and gluing it on. Then I'll paint the pants and boots. Of course softgoods could be really cool for the shirt too. We'll see. I've just got to get the skin color to match.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2006, 08:51 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Cool Phruby, I'm glad to see you continuing with the Microman figures!  Aayla definitely lends herself nicely to micromanification (or would it be microwomanification?)  :P
For her paint color, off the top of my head, I would use Ultramarine Blue mixed with a bit of Blood Red (just a tiny drop) and maybe a little Shadow Grey (all of these are Games Workshop brand paints, I can't remember if you use GW paints or not though). 

I would recommend painting her top direclty onto the body, since her shirt was pretty tight in the film, I think that dremelling out the figure's chest piece would not work very well. 
I can't wait to see how she comes out!  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2006, 12:16 AM »
So you suggest to paint the whole thing and just add the little tassle/pouch thing to her weist? How about using a very thin layer of sculpty for the shirt in order to give it some texture?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Well, I'll say that the title caught my eyes....

I think you should try for some form fitting softgoods on the top.  Maybe difficult to pull off (no pun intended).  I've found that a little bit of well placed superglue will hold soft goods in position.  Otherwise I think your idea of sculpy might also work.  I'd be worried that a very thin area would be difficult to sand down/smooth off (something I always have to do with sculpy).  I'm not sure dremeling out her top would work as I'm not sure her, eh-hum, proportions are the same between the two figures.

On minor comment.  The way her hands are positioned, it looks like her lower right hand is bent at a very odd angle.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 6, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Looks like this will be an interesting figure, can't wait to see it Phruby.  Though I wouldn't mind seeing Amy Allen naked.   ;)

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 6, 2006, 10:47 AM »
On minor comment.  The way her hands are positioned, it looks like her lower right hand is bent at a very odd angle.

It was just a quick pose. I can put her in better 'positions' in future work in progress pictures. I'll have to look thru my wife's cloth pile for a piece that will work.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 6, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Im going to be watching this one very closely. I have no doubt in my mind that this one will be as good or if not better than the Leia. If I can get one of those bodies I want to do one of these myself. Cant wait to see his one finished.

As far as the paintimng goes maybe you could try a light grey wash, that should darken the ciolor up and match the head.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 6, 2006, 12:52 PM »
You should definately get one of these bodys. I get mine from seller zira28 on ebay. Here price is the best I've come across. She charges $6.99 on a buy it now with $7 shipping from Japan. The figure gets to my mail box with 3-4 days and is packed extreemly well. She has discounts on multiple winnings. She has all the different body colors and chest sizes.

Gregorbian and I are addicted to these things. They are definately worth taking a shot at.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2006, 12:55 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 6, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Actually Ive bought stuff from her before back when I was still collecting Untraman and stuff. She seems to have lowered her prices on these. They were about 12.00 a peice before shipping. I may have to look her up again. Thanks for the heads up. Now that I think about it, my snowbunny Padme would have looked a hell of a lot better with one of the white bodies.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 6, 2006, 04:24 PM »
That actually is a great idea. You should do a snowbunny Padme using the Microlady body. A cloth cape would be a definate must for that kind of project.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #12 on: March 6, 2006, 04:35 PM »
So you suggest to paint the whole thing and just add the little tassle/pouch thing to her weist? How about using a very thin layer of sculpty for the shirt in order to give it some texture?

A thin layer of sculpey would probably work for texture.  Somebody on the RS.com boards said that you can cure sculpey on figures in the microwave (microwave in a mug of water for 3 minutes).  I tried this method on my Microman Master Chief and it worked fine.  I think that would look better than using the dremeled out hasbro torso.

Gregorbian and I are addicted to these things. They are definately worth taking a shot at.

Ain't that the truth!  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 6, 2006, 05:30 PM »
That's the technique I use now for curing sculpty. I microwave a cup of water for three minutes and then put the figure in the boiling water for at least five minutes. It works great and I never have a melted mess.

If I can't find some brown cloth or leather, I'll sculpt it. Cloth would work better over the jointed arm.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: March 6, 2006, 05:31 PM »
No not the actress but the Microlady version! ;D  After the success of the Microlady Slave Girl Leia, I've decided to follow it up with a Microlady version of Aayla Secura. As you can see I've added the head. Now I need to mix some paint to make the body match the head. Any suggestions on color or paint combinations for this?

Ahhhh.... I need a cigarette  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird