Author Topic: Bare Pegs  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bare Pegs
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2006, 09:06 AM »
I usually like bare pegs because that means they will be filled up with something soon.  Stores hate bare pegs I learned as a stockboy many years ago.  The managers would have a spaz attack about it where I worked at that time.  I am not saying it was full of the same product but it was filled with something rather quickly.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 8, 2006, 10:01 PM »
What I like to do is when I find one figure on each peg, I combine all the figures they have onto one peg. That way the section looks really empty. I've heard stock boys get in trouble for pegs that are empty and told to fill them prono.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #17 on: March 8, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Most stores around here (as of the past 3 days) have mainly a Yoda, Poggle, or Sun Fac amidst my route of 5 walmarts, 2 targets and one TRU (which has 1 Boush and 7 Bib Fortunas)

I actually returned a Veers, Poggle, both C3Pos and a Sun Fac to Target yesterday.

But at a Walmart today, I spoke to the manager who claimed to recieve an email that said Hasbro is having problems making the figures, and that the pegs would be bare for a while.

I dunno what that is about as Uleashed minis and titaniums are now full everywher. I was able to finally grab 2 Republic Star Destroyers, a CW gunship and a Death Star.

As for other lines, I am up to date on Transformers, except the latest Beast Wars (first report today). I found a ML Scarlet Witch, Mystique, and 2x Hulkbuster Ironmans.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 8, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Actually, I think it is GREAT news if Hasbro is really having problems making figures right now! I am ready for a break! Waves were hitting fast and hard, which kept the hunt going and though fun, the hunt is tiring at times. Now I hope I can breath before the next wave!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 9, 2006, 01:26 AM »
What I like to do is when I find one figure on each peg, I combine all the figures they have onto one peg. That way the section looks really empty. I've heard stock boys get in trouble for pegs that are empty and told to fill them prono.

i just take the peg warmers and bring them to the backpack section (Target) and stuff them   ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 9, 2006, 11:24 AM »
That doesn't get you new figures. They just think they are stolen when they do inventory every quarter.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2006, 12:45 PM »
I think someone in one of my local Target does this (the one next to the university).  Sometimes months after a given wave (during non-movie years) has come and gone suddenly 3 or 4 of the peg warmers will re-appear.

I have seen collectors (or not) hiding figures in the past.  I always help myself. ;D

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2006, 12:50 PM »
But at a Walmart today, I spoke to the manager who claimed to recieve an email that said Hasbro is having problems making the figures, and that the pegs would be bare for a while.

If this were true it would explain the recent ridiculous price increases at WM. Since the manufacturers can't keep up with current demand due to manufacturing problems the price is increased to counter this problem. Makes sense to me(why oil usually goes up in price around the independance day holiday). The problem here is that many walmarts all but sold out of many Saga figures prior to the price increase-which helps little :(

Paul! I've been doing that for several years...! It' s kind of hard for a manager to argue about stocking more figs when the pegs are empty!! Especially when you ask someone to stock a case off a pallet and you've already 'stacked' the pegs. Your argument becomes stronger this way! It's worked several times for me!

Will have to disagree with Spud on the hiding of the figs. I found out from some inside retail folks years ago that stores auto order everything-meaning they order depending on how much the store has sold. If you're hiding the figs it may help temporarily but in the long run your store will get shipped less figs the more you hide them. If a store clerk tells you that they get they're product only by whatever gets sent to them-then they're partially/kinda lying. Occasionally stores do get end cap sets and new mods that weren't auto ordered but for the most part product is auto ordered.

In the end though pegwarmers really don't sell very well so it may not matter-but they'll definately sell better/have a better chance of selling if they're in the section ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2006, 11:45 PM »
My local Target has filled the empty basic pegs with Matchbox trucks. That seems a little dumb to me when there's so much other SW crap that doesn't have enough peg space for as much product that's there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 06:12 AM »
I've heard a number of rumors on why the bare pegs exist...  including this is Hasbro & Retail testing the waters to see what happens with shortened supply...  I wouldn't put it past them actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 09:52 AM »
That tactic just turned me back to New Force.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Regardless of the cause, I also am turning to online etailers for cases. 15 trips in the last 7 days has netted me 1 Ut clone, and nothing else (although I could have scored Sora, but I passed). The pegs have a poggle, Bib, or Reiken (sp?).

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07 AM »
This is interesting. I've had the most luck at finding figs at Target and KMart, and most of you are saying this is vice-versa. I've only found about 4 figures, 3 at KMart, and one at Target. I haven't been to TRU in a while, so I can't testify for that store, but my WalMart is constantly bare.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 01:03 PM »
This is absolutly rediculus... Basic figures i finally saw a Fett, although someone else was holding it.... *(#&@*(#&$ Pegs are more bare then i think ive seen ever including as far back as the '94 or 95 or whenever it was waves
-Dhivael

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 04:42 PM »

Bogus.

That's right up there with a random store manager declaring, "Walmart has discontinued carrying the Star Wars line!"  Yeah right.  I've heard that once a year since the 90's.   ::)
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.