Author Topic: Bare Pegs  (Read 9560 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Bare Pegs
« on: March 6, 2006, 04:33 PM »
It seems like everytime I go to Target theres always bare basic figure pegs. The other pegs are overflowing with battle packs, titanium, GH, FB, but no basic figures. Why is this? Have the scalpers, after being extinct for a 1000 years, reared their ugly mugs in the collecting world? Am I the only one who is expericning this plague of bare pegs??

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Bare Pegs
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2006, 04:36 PM »
"Am I the only one who is expericning this plague of bare pegs??"

Yes ;D

My take on it is that pegs are more bare now because of the switch back to OT characters and the vast improvement of sculpts in the past few years.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2006, 04:41 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Nope!

After two whole weeks of seeing bare pegs at 3 Targets I saw the 1st sign of life last night when I saw one Yoda and 7 bare pegs.  I do not know what is happening at Target.  TRU and WM have plenty of crap in their basic figure pegs.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2006, 05:41 PM »
I think there is still a discrepency between what the store has pegs for and what they are ordering. This may be a local phenomena, but the Targets and Wal marts I check all have 4-5 pegs "set" for basic figures. These same stores generally have anywhere from 3-6 figures. All of them would easily fit on one peg. And the figures are not sitting in the back; I keep checking the scanner, and it insists the only figures are in the aisle. When I do run into a fresh restock, it is quite clearly a single case, usually with the clones missing. And like you have described, the unleashed, transormers, and force battler pegs are full, along with a full compliment of the choppers. So I would agree, bare pegs are definately a common sight for early 2006 hunters.  I think it is a combination of timid ordering and a popular product. The scalpers will most definately be a problem come "Galactic Hunt" time, no question.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2006, 06:05 PM »
My local TRUs are overflowing with Hoth Wave figures, but the Targets have (usually) a single Geonosian on the pegs and the Walmarts are still full of ROTS Mas Ameddas :(

KBs are hit or miss, half empty, half full of Hoth and Carkoon.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2006, 06:06 PM by Spectre »
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Man, id be vying for position with either of you. Here in Iowa, i have yet to see most of the figures in any of TSC. Most of the pegs are more bare then.... [witty comment or pithy joke]. I figure this might rectify soon, but in the mean time I'm bideing my time.
-Dhivael

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Hey Dhivael, where are you at in Iowa? Myself, Spuffy, and ruiner are in Waterloo, and we rarely find anything. Bare pegs everywhere. There's also Corman in Des Moines and Ames.

I don't know if you've checked the Mission Log section, but there's an Iowa thread that only gets updated by Corman there.
 :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Between Target and WM, we seem to be getting a semi-regular flow of figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 7, 2006, 06:29 AM »
So-Cal is stealling them from the rest of the country then. :-*

Pegs are bare everywhere here in CO. Even the "pegwarmers" are moving. Derline and Rieeken usually sit for the longest but they are slowly selling too. Wal-Mart gets 1 case about every 2 weeks. :-X
« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 06:29 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 7, 2006, 07:45 AM »
My Target has had the same Riekkan and Derlin figure for over a month now.  Two figs and thats it.  Every time I ask an employee for more figs I get the same BS; sorry thats all we have at this time.  They dont even bother checking inventory.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 7, 2006, 09:46 AM »
If you take the figure to the price checker, it will give you the price, the aisle it should be located, and a yes or no on whether there are more in the stockroom. If your Target is anything like the ones near me, it will show that the figure or two on the pegs is all they have...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 7, 2006, 11:00 AM »
I stopped at Wal-Mart this morning before work, and I was going to comment on the same thing.  Our particular WM has been bare for probably a month now, and before that it was just a lone Derlin on the pegs for a couple of weeks.  They actually have started putting some other junk (non SW) on the SW basic figure pegs there, probably since there isn't anything else for that open space.  The last time I visited Target they continued to have a pegwarming trio of Derlin, Veers, and Rieekan.  TRU is always bare as well, and I've only seen one TSC figure there at all this year, a Veers a few weeks back.  Actually our WM in general seems fairly adverse to action figures...at least ones that collectors are interested in.  No SW basic figures, the same ML and SMC figures for the past 6 months, no DC figures (or pegs for them anymore), no JLU figures, etc.  Plenty of Power Rangers and Turtles, but the primary collector lines seem to have disappeared for the time being.  Also, this may just be at our store, but the action figure "section/aisle" in general has been much smaller since the reset at the first of the year.  Lots more space dedicated to cars, die cast, etc.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 7, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I went to 14 stores on Sunday - 3 of them had ZERO figures on the pegs, only about 3 of them had any substantial amount.  Most were bare or near bare.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 7, 2006, 11:47 AM »
My 4 WM look like this....

24 hour super- has 38 geo/hoth pegwarmers(mostly yoda,poggle,derlin). This total after receiving 10 cases(120) of geo on 25 FEB(they sell good here). a week before this they got 5 cases of geo/hoth-only derlin survived until the 10 case shipment.

24 hour 'ghetto'- Has 6 derlins

Ave S-has 2 bibs

Ave J- has 4 poggles

Targets have nothing but 1 or 2 bibs per store ::)

TRU has 5 bibs/1 barada/3 derlins/1 snowtrooper/1 reiken

Kmart-?(havn't gone there in awhile)

I can attest that all WM's/Targets have got the Geo wave shipped twice already. Since they've 'flew' off the shelves more or less the first couple of shipments I dread the upcoming case revisions.......pegwarming central on it's way ::)  

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 8, 2006, 04:01 AM »
I can attest that all WM's/Targets have got the Geo wave shipped twice already. Since they've 'flew' off the shelves more or less the first couple of shipments I dread the upcoming case revisions.......pegwarming central on it's way ::)  

I know our local Targets and Wallys have had more than 2 shipments, and the TRU's got 1 shipment with about 10 cases (so equal to what Wally and Target have put out.

I have to agree that I sometime in the near future people will complain of "pegwarmers" that are clogging up the pegs and stopping new product from being put out when the case revisions start to arrive.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3