Author Topic: Saw 3!  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Saw 3!
« on: March 8, 2006, 08:25 AM »
Hi there!
Do any people out there like the saw movies so far?
Well if so, good news!
Saw 3 is supposed to come out this fall in theaters.
It sounds great, what with the whole apprentice thing going on in saw 2.
What do you guys and gals think of the movies so far?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Saw 3!
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2006, 10:09 AM »
I finally watched both movies in the past month and all I can say is... WOW! I totally wasn't expecting them to be so damn good. Easily the best horror/suspense/thriller movies since Se7en. Bring on #3 I say, especially with the way they ended #2...

NECA is making Jigsaw and the puppet in one of it's future Cult Classics figure lines. I can't wait to see them...
« Last Edit: March 8, 2006, 10:11 AM by Madcow »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2006, 10:27 AM »
The first one was good with the exception of how ridiculous Cary Elwes was at the end.  The second one had some good traps/violence but the cast was pretty much garbage outside of Whalberg and the guy who played Jigsaw.

I've got low expectations for the third one given that the girl is supposedly going to be the killer - I don't think she's terribly convincing at all...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2006, 11:41 AM »

I've got low expectations for the third one given that the girl is supposedly going to be the killer - I don't think she's terribly convincing at all...

I'm with Rob on this one.  The first one was excellent.  The second one was good to a point.  I picked up on the twist right away and did not find it all that believable.  Too many clues to ruin the outcome.

SPOILERS below, beware

Another thing that bothered me on the 2nd one was Wahlberg being chained up in the original room that Cary Elwes character was in.  Was this place so secluded that investigators never found the original bodies?

Unless the Killer is another person in the third film, it will fail with the current female character IMO.  Also, although we see Jigsaw slumped over in the van, we dont know he is actually dead.  It would be cheesy if he returned somehow.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I cant wait for NECA to make the puppet!
Well, I wonder if jigsaw is still alive...hmmm...?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2006, 09:30 PM »
I cannot wait for saw 3.  I couldn't believe how good these movies are. Probably the best horror/suspense movies i've seen in a long time.

I think the girl can make it as a killer in the new one, but i'm guessing she will be accompanied by someone else that way they can make "jigsaw 2" a mystery still.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Well, I hope Jigsaw is still alive and kickin', it would e pretty nice cause he seems like a great creep and kind of a signature.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Well it is confirmed that Tobin Bell will return as Jigsaw in Saw 3.  So he apparently did live ???