Author Topic: Lestat's Customs: Bespin Luke (NEW 4/19/06) P.4, NEW Index Pg.1  (Read 13445 times)

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Lestat's Customs: Mace Windu, Jango Fett (6 inch) p.2
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 11:38 PM »
<Edit: See below for Darth Nihilus pics>

SA Luke Skywalker Jedi Master

He's a combo of the obi wan #55 cloak, evolutions anakin body, and the VOTC Luke head

here he is with the wife who's also been modified slightly to look more like the upcoming bust of her. Got rid of the all white Bugs bunny gloves which I always thought were weird..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:27 AM by Lestat »

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Lestat's Customs: Darth Nihilus, EU Luke P. 3
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Darth N looks very ominous, lestat.
I rellay like the  Master luke figure. Love the shot with him and mara in action.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Nice Nihilus and that Luke is a great Kit Bash!  :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Great looking figures I like Darth Nihilus mask looks real spooky, Jedi Luke looks great I the VOTC Luke head is a great match for the body and Mara is spot on well done.

Ron

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 07:40 PM »
I just got done reading the NJO a month ago, so I'm really happy to see a Jedi Master Luke and Mara Jade! I thought about doing some New Jedi Order customs, but I'm gonna need waaaaaay more fodder for that!

I love your ROTJ Luke, it really stands out. And I appreciate the amount of craftsmanship that went into the face transplant, because I am not so bold as to attempt such a risky custom! One of the best looking ROTJ Lukes I've seen, to date! Great stuff.
-Matthew H.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! Darth Nihilus is a ROTS Emperor with a sculpted mask with forearms from an evolutions Palpatine (which were added after the original pics were taken). His cloak is part the POTJ Jedi Luke Cloak and part the evolutions Palpatine cloak. I did half plastic and half softgoods because I liked the billowy nature of the softgoods but wanted to keep the sculpted and tame quality of the plastic. Here are a couple more pics

See page one for the final version of Luke!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:29 AM by Lestat »

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Lestat's Customs: Dagobah Luke (SA)
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Here's the last figure in what would have been my custom con entry: Super articulated Dagobah Luke
This is basically a kit bash (so what else is new ). He has the Saga Dagobah Luke's head, torso, and waist joint and VOTC Luke's legs and arms. The arms were done by cutting the pegs off of Saga Luke's Arms and then making holes in them to fit the pegs of the VOTC arms. Theoretically he now has a pair of articulated arms and a pair of unarticulated arms but I don't really have any desire to switch them.

The shoulders may look a tad big but I'm ok with that, Luke looked like he had been working out on Dagobah anyway.

<Edit: The look of the arms and the proportions overall were bothering me too much so I ended up changing him. See Pg 4 for the new version.>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:52 AM by Lestat »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 12:26 AM »
Please pardon my lack of replies to your work.  This section has really, really grown lately. 

Mara and Luke - Not much to say here other than great parts selection and very believeable.  One thing though is that the head on Luke might be of too young of an age for him there?

Darth Nihilus - Very nice parts selection and sculpting/painting your mask for him.  His hood seems a bit shiny, what I'd suggest is just painting a flat black over all of his plastic robe parts, then to a matte acrylic sealer spray, and last a black wash - I think that would make a good texture for you.

Dagobah Luke - Great selection of parts... just seems the shoulders look a bit big... I have no ideas how to fix that though.

Jedi Luke - AWESOME, I want to copy your recipe piece by piece.   :)

:)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 06:47 AM »
HI Ya Lestat

Dagobah Luke looks very well done and the use of the VOTC legs and arms are great it really suits the figure keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Lestat - Awesome SA Jedi Luke man.  I've been slowly accumulating the proper pieces to do a custom like this and after seeing yours I know that I have to get off of my ass and make it. 
The only thing that I would do to the Dagobah Luke would be to swap out the boots of a ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot) and paint them the proper color. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 09:51 PM »
i'm still diggin that jedi luke, he kicks soooo much a$$ it's not even funny.  and him in a battle stance with D Nihilus  :o
very nice stuff.  i like the the D luke i see where you're going with it, but it's just those shoulder, not fault of yours obviously.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Nice Work!

Your Luke ROTJ is Awsome. You hid the Articulation Very Well on this One.

Great Work, Keep It Up!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Lestat's Customs: Bultar Swan, Kyp Durron
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2006, 08:46 PM »
CHEWIE- Darth N's hood looks shiny because I sprayed him with some satin finish sealant. I think your idea is a good one and I'm probably going to try it out once I get a chance. I had the same thought about NJO Luke looking a bit young but I reasoned that Mark Hammil has a very boyish look (even now) and that's not necessarily something most people ever really grow out of.

Jedipurge- I agree that the shoulders look a little big but I'm used to Marvel Legends so it doesn't really bother me. I guess after collecting ML you end up accepting the loss of sculpt for articulation.  :)

Gregorbian- I like that idea about the obi wan boots. If I ever end up with the extra parts, that is exactly where they will be going!

Thank you all for your comments!

A quick update: First Bultar Swan

Bultar Swan is one of the background Jedi from the battle of Geonosis. I used the Twi-Lek Dancer's head from the Jabba's Dancer's three pack because she was one of the few female figures I could find that had Asian features. From the neck down she is Adi Gallia from the Jedi Council screen scene.

Adi Gallia is a great base for female jedi as she has pretty good articulation and a nice soft goods skirt. I'm thinking about getting another to do Jocasta Nu in the future. The pleather outer tunic is from an evolutions AOTC Anakin.

And continuing with my NJO customs here is Kyp Durron

He uses an Army of Darkness Two headed Ash head with a Clone wars Anakin body. I figured the CW designs were different enough to be beliveable NJO outfits.

I've always liked Kyp Durron's character so this was a fun one for me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:51 PM by Lestat »

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 05:52 AM »
Very good use of the Ash-head dude!! I like the simple mods on it. It works out great!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 06:48 AM »
Very cool! I think the Ash head is fairly fitting for ol' Kyp, and so goes for the Anakin body, as Kyp is a fairly dark character-- and in many ways, very similar to a young Anakin. I agree, that there are enough changes in the clothes to make it believable as NJO-era Jedi garb.

The previous custom, the female Jedi, has awesome soft goods goodness.  I am a big fan of softgoods, and unfortunately I can never do them quite right, so I always appreciate seeing good-fitting, well crafted softgoods accessories. Great custom..

It's good to see other people making NJO customs!
-Matthew H.