Author Topic: Lestat's Customs: Bespin Luke (NEW 4/19/06) P.4, NEW Index Pg.1  (Read 13446 times)

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Index:
Bultar Swan
Darth Nihilus
Jango Fett (6inch)
Kyp Durron
Luke Skywalker (Bespin fatigues)
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah training)
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
Luke Skywalker Jedi Master (EU)
Mace Windu (6inch)
Mara Jade (mods)

Hey I'm new here but I've been customizing a while now. Here's my VOTC style Jedi Luke.  Ever since Hasbro came up with the VOTC idea idea I've wanted a Jedi Luke.
<Edit: I got rid of the pics of the original Hairdo because I don't want to waste space on photobucket.>
<as an Homage to the vintage Luke and my own laziness I gave Luke a brown Jedi cloak>
 This led to my idea for custom con which was going to be Luke Skywalker: Evolutions. My plans were to do Jedi, Bespin, and toss in the Tatooine luke and do a custom package. Unfortunately I came up with this idea maybe 3 days before the deadline so meh.
This was one huge kitbash. He has boots and lower arms from and evolutions count Dooku, Torso from an evolutions palpatine, cloth vest, head from an evolutions anakin skywalker and face from a Saga Jedi Luke. I originally used the Anakin faced but it didn't look like Hammil so I took a chance stuck the face from the saga Luke onto the anakin head after dremmeling it down to a nub. Then I thought the hair on the Saga Luke looked too amorphus and blobby so I resculpted it. The main torso is resulpted too. The fabric pieces are from Saga Luke's cloak.
The best part about using Dooku's hands is that now Luke can do this!!!!!!

Recipe:
Head- Evo: Anakin skywalker w/ Luke face-resculpted
Torso/upper legs arms- Evo Palpatine
lower arms legs- evo Count Dooku 

This is the final version of Luke: I got rid of the softgoods and went for the look from the final duel with Vader. I also added a belt from a VOTC luke.

I noticed later that there was some stuff stuck to his crotch area that has been removed 8)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:36 AM by Lestat »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC Jedi Luke
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Are you kidding me???  Wow, this is one of the absolute sweetest customs I've ever seen.  What a great parts use here.  I'm stunned - this is the best Jedi Luke I've seen.

I'm glad you joined up here, I hope to see more of your work.  Simple amazing!

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 9, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Wow! And I thought I was the only one that does things the hard way. What a great resulting figure. The only thing I don't like is that hair. Its too fro looking.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #3 on: March 9, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Lestat, great to see you here!! Welcome to JD.
I just finished leaving you a comment over at fwoosh!

Great version of Luke. I have the OTC/Saga one on my desk. I was looking at it thinking, why cant you look like that!

Great use of parts.  I'm disappointed that you didnt get these done for custom con... That would have been awsome. Do them anyway... Deadline Next monday!  ;D

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 9, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Most definitely one of the better Jedi Luke’s out there.  The concept of using those parts was quite ingenious; I would not even attempt that with my evo's.  Ok maybe if I had 2.  ;D  The hair did strike me as a bit too.....I dont know.....for lack of a better term i'll use Master_Phurbs "froie" (is that even a word?)

BUT, the more i look at ole luke, the more it grows on me. (no pun intended)  :D

I would really like to see Lighter pics to see the detail

again great work man

« Last Edit: March 9, 2006, 04:32 PM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #5 on: March 9, 2006, 04:40 PM »
That is wonderful work, especially with the articulation.  The hair could use a little work, but it's just fine as is.  I really like it.  Great job!
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2006, 05:03 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :oomg omg
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Dude excellant, there really isn't any constructive critisizm I can think of off the top of my head, It looks great, keep up the good work, can't wait to see the Bespin luke.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 9, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Looks great.  I was a little freaked out when I read that you used an Anakin Head and a Luke Face.  Its like that movie Face-Off!  Having said that, you really pulled it off with this figure.  Love seeing Luke use the Sith Lightning.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2006, 06:24 PM »
wow great luke, i like the hair.  looks better then the real hamill's hair in the movie.

PM sent
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 08:59 AM »
That is indeed the best DS2 luke I've ever seen. I love the head, did you say that's an Anakin head with the hair cut off and resculpted? The parts choic is thought-out and well exectued. The outfit itself looks even better with the addition of the black fabric.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Ok so what is the consensus on the hair? Is it badly sculpted or is it just too big? :-\ It was based on the way the Saga luke's hair looked, which had that 70's afro/feathered thing going on. I was afraid to take too much license on it because I wanted it to look as close to the movie as possible but after reading the comments I think I'm going to give Luke a trim ;) But then again Hamil didn't have the best hair in that movie anyway...hmmm think on this i will. Thanks for all of your comments and the warm welcome !!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I say keep the hair. It looks good as is.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with the hair - looks like the EU Luke's hair a bit.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Keep it it looks perfect, anyway his hair is always flying around in ROTJ like on the sail barge, his hair is going wild. So keep it as is it looks awsome and has a great likeness to Mark.