Author Topic: VH1.com's I Love Toys.  (Read 13649 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: VH1.com's I Love Toys.
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2006, 12:55 AM »
I hope everyone remembers what Play-Doh tastes like...

Salt. :-X

Kevin

Salty, indeed.

8)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2006, 02:11 AM »
"I find it has a nice picant after taste" :D
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2006, 05:46 AM »
Opps.  I missed last night's episode.  I sure hope VH1 reairs it sometime soon.   ::)

Oh and I have nothing against MIB, I too find his non-expressiveness to be humerous at times.  He's just....odd.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2006, 11:40 PM »
GI Joe #3? Barbie #2?!? This is an outrage!

Also, is the hoola hoop really the best toy of all time? Theres only one thing you can do with it, and it gets old pretty quickly.  ::)

(I didn't expect myself to agree with the list anyway, just a mini rant)
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I don't think it is!! Even though I don't collect them, I think Barbie should be at the top spot if anything!! Hot Wheels could be up there too!! But the hula hoop?? Sure it was a fad, but that was a long time ago... ;)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 09:15 AM »
I don't think I've ever experienced as strong a wave of nostalgia as when I opened the first playdo can for my kids.   That smell.  Wow.  Instant childhood.  Intoxicating.

On television - we let our son spend a little more time watching movies than some would say we probably should, but he never ever sits slackjawed watching.  It's generally more a background inspiration while he is playing with his toys.

On the I Love series winding down. . .I told Princess the other night that I don't an "VH1's I Love the 'I Love' Shows" can be far behind.  That's when it will finally end.   I'm telling you right now. . .Mo Rocca offering biting commentary on Michael Ian Black's biting commentaries just might open a portal to another dimension.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Dare I suggest that the reason that neither G.I. Joe or Barbie got the top spot is because, for the most part, they're both gender-specific toys?  G.I. Joe, of course, being a "boy's toy" (some present company notwithstanding), and Barbie being a toy for girls?  So, they make them numbers two and three, and give the number one spot to a more universal, unisexual toy like the hula-hoop, which everybody can enjoy (although I enjoy hula hoops much more when they're being played with by members of the female persuasion).

And, the last time I went to my neighborhood park, I found a hula-hoop that someone left behind.  So, somebody's still playing with them.  Either that, or that park has a terrible maintenance staff.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2006, 05:50 PM »
So, they make them numbers two and three, and give the number one spot to a more universal, unisexual toy like the hula-hoop, which everybody can enjoy (although I enjoy hula hoops much more when they're being played with by members of the female persuasion).

Speaking of which. . .has anyone ever asked the Hooters girls to do the Hula Hoop?  They always have them hanging there, but I've never seen them use it.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2006, 06:05 PM »
On the I Love series winding down. . .I told Princess the other night that I don't an "VH1's I Love the 'I Love' Shows" can be far behind. That's when it will finally end. I'm telling you right now. . .Mo Rocca offering biting commentary on Michael Ian Black's biting commentaries just might open a portal to another dimension.

Hah! You say that in jest, but last night (technically really early this morning) they ran a "Top 20 Moments" of their Celebreality programming. I kid you not. I was sure the television would implode.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:05 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2006, 09:34 PM »
Man. . .it sucks to be right all the time.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Speaking of which. . .has anyone ever asked the Hooters girls to do the Hula Hoop?  They always have them hanging there, but I've never seen them use it.

They make birthday people use them.

My cousin John-boy was tricked into using it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...