Author Topic: StarWarsShop Exclusive Shadow Stormtrooper  (Read 46269 times)

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 SDCC Exclusive Shadow Stormtrooper
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 09:38 PM »
The VOTC mold is being used for the Sandtrooper in the upcoming Tatooine wave, apparently. This is good news.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 09:38 PM »
I'd very much expect a SWS.com release of these too Paul so I'm not terribly worried about finding them, but affording them is scaring me somewhat.

A team sounds good though.  I managed a small Shadowtrooper team, and if you outfit them with different weaponry they just look sweet.  It's even inspired me to custom up a team leader for them and maybe a com guy too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006, 09:39 PM »
The VOTC mold is being used for the Sandtrooper in the upcoming Tatooine wave, apparently. This is good news.

It is?  I thought it was the POTJ mold or CT Stormie with possibly (though nobody's sure) new or modified arms of some sort.

I'm all for VOTC Sandtrooper if that's the case, but I hadn't heard this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Click Here

This picture was posted by the same guy who got the SDCC exclusive action figure. Hopefully it is real.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Well damn, thanks Shawn.

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 09:51 PM »
No problem. Of course, if this is true, it will be very hard to get. The VOTC Stormtrooper at a basic figure price will fly off the shelves.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I was looking at that picture at work today thinking the exact same thing.  I guess I should have said something earlier about it, but I figured I had missed some sort of "old news" and didn't say anything.  Good eye JediShawn!

:P

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 10:40 PM »
WOW.  Ordering my cases of Tatooine wave right now.

If Sws.com has that Shadow Stormie, then that will be good.  I think your idea is right Jesse, a small team with a few carbines and one support weapon is the way to go.

JediShawn is the MAN with that photo of the Sandtrooper though.  I haven't had this much excitement in one day over Figures in a while...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Troopers, classic trilogy, and SA?

You and I are just really being spoiled today.  ;D

I'm surprised how much I like the black stormtrooper actually...  It looks like it's something better than just a black paintjob, I dig that, and while I prefer "Storm Commando" guys as seen in Rogue Squad (whole other uniform) I think these basically "Black Hole" Stormtroopers will be quite cool too.

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 12:36 AM »
On the note of SA Sandtroopers: this is great news... except itll be even more impossable to be found.
-Dhivael

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 01:06 AM »
Not a bad idea for an exclusive. I'll get a couple for sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 01:27 AM »
   I am all over this figure. I really dig it, especially if it comes with the blue bodyglove. That's an awesome contrast.

Luckily I work for Comic-Con and have a ton of friends who attend who have no interest in exclusive figures...I do believe I will make sure to get some of these despite whatever limit they put in place, and hook up my peeps. (Chewie, JJ...I'm looking at you.)  :P

My guess is that the usual will apply though...2 per person until Sunday, when the leftovers will be sold with no limit so they don't have to ship them home. Although they may be tougher to get since unlike the silver sandtrooper and that crappy leia holo, army builders will be grabbier than Michael Jackson leading a boy scout troop...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline jepoy

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 01:58 AM »
I think SWS would be crazy not to offer the Shadow Stormtrooper online. Look at how quickly the SDCC Leia's sold out!

I also am looking forward that new sandtrooper since I missed out on the VOTC since I started collecting with ROTS. I love collecting!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 04:40 AM »
I feel most certain this'll make its way online for sale, but man I can only imagine the hectic race getting them at the con DD.  You're gonna have your hands full with this I'm afraid, haha. :)

Take brass knuckles with ya man!  You're gonna need 'em I think.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 07:22 AM »
This thing does indeed look sweet. I hope they made a ton, as they are going to be one hot item. Unique army builder with an OTC look? That smells like money...