Here's my list Scott... I'm hopefully remembering what I wanted before and what's getting made now.
1) Super Articulated Rebel Fleet Trooper... SA, removable helmet, working holster, removable vest... The works. I'm ok with no ankle joints if he has neutral posed feet, other than that, I want perfection god dammit.
2) LN Mining Droid... Long time coming, and one I've forgotten in the past.
3) Garouf Lafoe (Cantina Snitch)... I want a human from the Cantina other than a main character and Wuher. I want the snitch who rats on Ben for cutting down the thugs.
4) Super Articulated Death Star Trooper... Long time coming for this one, like the Fleet Trooper. I'd be ok if they even re-used teh POTF2 head and helmet, but they need SA for this great army builder. A grey uniformed variant would be quite nice.
5) Grand Moff Tarkin Resculpt... The good leader of the New Order needs redone I think to really do justice to one of the original trilogy's greatest characters, and a great actor too. If he could sit and came with his chair from the Death Star table, that would be really nice.
6) Bom Vimdin... The alien I want the most from the Cantina. I love this guy, he's such a freak.
7) Chief Bast... Removable hat, nicely articulated... He'd be the perfect start to making generic Imperial Officers that Hasbro could repaint and rerelease into the line as new guys. Veers and others don't cut it, but they could always just do a single new sculpt that has great articulation and keep moving it out the door to army builders en masse.
8 ) Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot)... While I want him in his academy uniform, I think this is an opportunity for Hasbro to make a great highly articulated Rebel Pilot in an "average" height sculpt. Dutch is too tall, Luke's too small, so Biggs needs resculpted anyway pretty badly and could be the template for the future pilot resculpts. One sculpt, new heads, Hasbro saves and we get good poseable pilots of all kinds throughout the line if they'd do this intelligently.
9) Han Stormtrooper (Super articulated)... Name says it all.
10) Luke Stormtrooper (Super articulated)... Ditto.
If all non-SA figures had a standard of 12 points of articulation (2 shoulder joints, 2 angle-cut elbow joints, 2 wrist joints, 2 hip joints, 2 ball/socket knee joints, a neck joint and a waist joint) I'd be perfectly happy with all the non-SA figures listed above. Everyone, in 2006, should have that kind of articulation as a minimum at this point unless something obstructs the knees like a long skirt or robe piece... Otherwise the skirt extension should be flexible enough to move with the figure like on Jedi.
Hasbro does that list up and man my ANH wants would be covered for this film really. There's other stuff I'd like, but not enough to really be upset if it didn't get made. Stuff on this list is a necessity to me though, especially the army builder figures listed.