Author Topic: Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 96286 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Well, time for a thread on this one I guess...

$15 each and due next spring 2006, starting with everyone's favorite Boba Fett.

No thanks, I'm not starting a new 3.75" line at this point...  :-X
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:27 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Titanium Series 3.75" Forged Figures
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Well...  Uhm...  Hmmm

Droids I'd be into I think...  Metallic stuff in general.  Dunnoa bout the others, and HOLY **** on the price.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Ok - so did anyone notice this picture?

GH Forged Fett

They are going to take previously released 3.75" figures and make them in metal and charge $15 a piece? This isn't the high-end higher price point type of figures we had in mind Hasblow!

(edit: pic changed to a link - it was just a bit too big, sorry.  Jeff)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 01:29 AM by Jeff »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Thanks for the merger Jesse. The Boba Fett doesn't even look good IMHO - check this pic out:

GH Forged Fett #2

To me a line like this is starting to get into the realm of competing against the Bust Ups and other Gentle Giant product. Hasbro should stick to TOYS not try to compete against other license holders.

I mean look at the latest development on the 12" front - Sideshow is taking over the scale - they probably had to pay Hasbro for the rights to do it too - while I'm not thrilled at a 12" line "reboot" - I'm positive Sideshow will product a higher quality (at albeit a higher price) than Hasbro EVER did.

Why can't Hasbro focus their attention to the lines they were GOOD at? Stop developing new lines and focus on your core line of 3.75" action figures!!!!!

(edit: pic changed to a link just a bit too big - sorry.  Jeff)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 01:30 AM by Jeff »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 11:51 PM »
do these figures have articulation?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Wow. Why does Hasbro create these overpriced lines that are destined to fail? Especially with THAT price. Yikes...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 11:59 PM »
do these figures have articulation?

The Boba Fett doesn't appear to - perhaps the shoulder joint will allow you to rotate his left arm - but without the gun positioned just so, the left arm looks pretty stupid.

Hey - does anyone think that this will be the replacement for Unleashed? A 3.75" scaled high-end die-cast figure line. They could still be two-packs (at an even higher price point).

Whatever this line is, it is destined to fail.
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Hey - does anyone think that this will be the replacement for Unleashed? A 3.75" scaled high-end die-cast figure line. They could still be two-packs (at an even higher price point).

Whatever this line is, it is destined to fail.

You know, that's a good point.  Maybe this is what killed the unleashed line - Hasbro was hesitent to have two $15 price point figure lines at the same time so they killed the Unleashed line in favor of offering these.   :-\

If that's the case, there will be a LOT of Unleashed fans who want to get a hold of the C3 focus group who told Hasbro the die-cast figures were a good idea!    :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:19 AM »
If that's the case, there will be a LOT of Unleashed fans who want to get a hold of the C3 focus group who told Hasbro the die-cast figures were a good idea!    :P

Amen!

I don't quite get what Hasbro's aiming for here.  These die-cast are too cheap-looking to justify the price.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 12:26 AM »
People hate the statue 3.75 figures already, what's making them out of metal going to do for us?  Give us something with substantial weight to throw at people?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 12:31 AM »
People hate the statue 3.75 figures already, what's making them out of metal going to do for us?  Give us something with substantial weight to throw at people?

What a GREAT idea!

Ok - I propose a JediDefender field trip for EVERYONE here to attend SDCC 2006 - we'll all get a Titanium Forged *snicker* Boba Fett and then when the Hasbro team starts their panel on stage, we'll all throw them at them!

Sounds like fun to me!

Might ACTUALLY get the point across if we hit that Derryl DePriest guy in the head enough times!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:32 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 12:47 AM »
Might ACTUALLY get the point across if we hit that Derryl DePriest guy in the head enough times!  ;D

Don't quite remember which one he is, but being a Hasbro guy, his skull is likely too thick.   ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 01:01 AM »
According to the Sideshow Toys 12" figure line press release, DePriest is the head of the Star Wars brand at Hasbro.

He probably doesn't show his face at events like SDCC anyway. So we'd just end up maiming some of his lackeys.
Peter

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 01:16 AM »
What the hell?? I literally had to laugh, this is just so ludicrous.

This is so stupid on so many different levels. Honestly, I can't even decide where to begin a rant, so I'll just second what everyone else has said above.

I can see this working for droids (being metallic and all) or even some fully-armored characters like clones and stormies, but just wait'll they try Chewbacca or something. And you know they will. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 01:22 AM »
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned this yet, but don't forget that Attakus is gonna be pimpin' us 4" scaled diecast figures soon as well, with their awesome upcoming Death Star and Dagobah dioramas (and other scenes after those 2, I'm sure).

So yet another conflict between similar lines...

Just totally stupid for Hasbro to be doing this right now.  I can't wait for them to combine their two favorite new things, and start giving us some kickass Titanium Holographic figures!!!  :P