Author Topic: Titanium Series 3.75" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 96465 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series 3.75" Forged Figures
« Reply #165 on: November 7, 2006, 10:53 AM »
I picked up General Grievous, C-3PO and finally the 501st Clonetrooper last night at Westside Lancaster Wal-Mart. The case had only one of each, but I asked the stock lady, who was nice enough to help me, if there were any more, and she said there was, it's just that the stockroom is so disorganized it's hard to find anything specific. She did go back for about 10 minutes to look, but she said I should come back later for a try.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 7, 2006, 11:37 AM »
havnt gotten a single forged fig yet, save the lava vader @ target, and im only interested in IG-88 (havent seen him yet) and general grievous, maybe darth maul.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2006, 10:24 AM »
The distribution and availability of these things have gone completely to hell after the first two waves (which is typical for Hasbro's last 11 years of doing modern SW toys), and I'm highly doubtful I'll ever see the newer ones at retail.  There are still gobs of unsold Sandtroopers, Bossks, and Vaders around me (both regular and "vintage" finish) and the IG-88/Clone wave NEVER showed up at any retailer near me.  Now Grievous and Threepio are "out" and Maul/Luke/Jango are seemingly hot on their heels. 

HTS should, at the very least, have put the IG-88 and Clone up on their site by now, but so far, nothing.  I've said it before, but if I could get rid of my non-Fett Titanium figures, I'd just call it a day on this line.  I'm highly doubtful that this line is going to go much further given the shoddy retail situation with them.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40 AM »
ya know what SUCKS!? everytime i see a 'vintage finish' fig it is in such bad condition it looks like it was kicked and left there.   :P  >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2006, 04:28 PM »

HTS should, at the very least, have put the IG-88 and Clone up on their site by now, but so far, nothing.  I've said it before, but if I could get rid of my non-Fett Titanium figures, I'd just call it a day on this line.  I'm highly doubtful that this line is going to go much further given the shoddy retail situation with them.

I hear you on this.  I really haven't been all that interested in the Titanium Figure line up until the IG-88 wave.  I've seen that BBTS has that wave as well as Grievous and C-3PO.  I may very well wind up buying those from them.  For me that's fairly signifigant since I've been trying to buy as much as possible at local retail, but these figures just seem to be too hard to find because of the distribution situation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2006, 04:37 PM »
The distribution and availability of these things have gone completely to hell after the first two waves (which is typical for Hasbro's last 11 years of doing modern SW toys), and I'm highly doubtful I'll ever see the newer ones at retail.  There are still gobs of unsold Sandtroopers, Bossks, and Vaders around me (both regular and "vintage" finish) and the IG-88/Clone wave NEVER showed up at any retailer near me.  Now Grievous and Threepio are "out" and Maul/Luke/Jango are seemingly hot on their heels. 

I see the same thing Doc. All stores in my area and another area I was recently vacationing in- has scores of sandtroopers, vaders and Bossks. I never saw the 'supposed Clone trooper/IG88 wave' in my stores. I think the stores won't auto order since retail got suckered into buying large initial waves purchases by Hasblow. Now the 4th wave hit and I saw 3PO and Clone trooper (no grievous) on the shelf and didn't delay and bought those. It was the only time I seen those ever though. I note the clone trooper is repacked in other assortments but the IG droid is not..so, I may never get it :'(. I expect to see further retail skipping waves since the original 2 waves are stuck filling up shelves. I really like this line alot, it's a real change of pace from the basic figure rehash/repaint abuse currently being offered but availability of these really stinks to make a full collection. It's typical for what we've seen from Hasbro SW merchandise in new lines through the years...over distribution/purchase of earlier waves makingfurther waves hard to find/ unavailable to consumers ect. :(

-J

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Just a couple of tidbits/personal anecdotes:

I ordered the Titanium Clone and IG-88 from TRU.com last week and they arrived yesterday.  Much to my chagrin (and in direct opposite to what was on the site at the time I ordered them), the versions I got were the "Vintage Finish" versions.  Hence, they're going right back to TRU.com, which has nicely sent me a prepaid label to send them back to them due to the fact it was a website error. 

I thought this would be the final straw with me for this line until I went into Target today to see the same Bossks and Sandtrooper that have been there for at least the last 4 months, covered in dust, along with a new shelf tag that said "NCF" on it for them.  Which means, "NOT CARRYING FORWARD."  Meaning Target isn't getting anymore, and given Wal-Mart's glut of the same on a much larger level, I doubt WM will be getting anymore either.

I'm officially done with this line as of today, and I'd be shocked if retailers anywhere saw any of these "coming soon" figures like the Han, Tusken, Jango, or Utapau Clone.  I'd say, at best, they'll wind up being HTS exclusives (if HTS can even update their site with the current wave(s) to start with).  This line is, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2006, 10:34 PM »
that's too bad. i want jango.  :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2006, 02:06 AM »
$15 figures you can't pose with paintjobs that are basically shoddy (granted it's to show they're actual metal and all, but still it's really a scratched up paintjob at the end of the day) was enough to keep me from buying ONE figure.

What I will get is a Bossk when I can get one for $10 or so...  If I saw IG-88 I'd likely nab him too, but Bossk is a character-focus thing for me though so I want at least that one.  The rest though...  Man if it isn't SA and super detailed too, and at $5 more than a VOTC/VTSC figure, well screw that.  This is another side line I kind of hoped would tank for Hasbro really, because it's one of those things where I don't see them reading collectors right in the slightest on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2006, 09:17 AM »
I was kind of curious to see how this line would do as well.  It really doesn't seem to sell much around here, although I admittedly don't keep that close of track of it.  It seems like there are always plenty sitting about though.  If the Han ever gets released, I might pick that one up just because I focus on Han/Chewie - and I was slightly tempted by the 3PO (if I ever saw it), but when it comes down to it the price is just too high, especially for what we're getting.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2006, 09:27 AM »
After having the Blue clone for a while, I finally cracked it open. I know it's a titanium, but I wasn't too impressed. The hand grippage was just too loose. Makes me hesitant to pick up the Orange one now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2006, 09:36 PM »

I thought this would be the final straw with me for this line until I went into Target today to see the same Bossks and Sandtrooper that have been there for at least the last 4 months, covered in dust, along with a new shelf tag that said "NCF" on it for them.  Which means, "NOT CARRYING FORWARD."  Meaning Target isn't getting anymore, and given Wal-Mart's glut of the same on a much larger level, I doubt WM will be getting anymore either.

I had read this post before going to a Target store today, and I was mindful of this when I was in the action figure aisle.  I saw a NCF on the shelf tag for the Transformers Titanium figures.  As for the Star Wars titanium figures?  No sign of that NCF.  At least at that particular store.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Titanium Snowtrooper and New Darth Vader.
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2006, 02:10 AM »
From Hasbro:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:14 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2006, 10:41 AM »
More of these damn things?  Seriously? 

I think we're up to 10 11 figures that have been announced at Hasbro, but haven't been released yet:

Luke Skywalker (Hoth Pilot Gear)
Darth Maul
(BG Cylon)
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper (Ep2, Red)
Han Solo
Tusken Raider
Clone Trooper (Ep3, Utapau)
Darth Vader (sculpt #2)
Snowtrooper
Invisible Hand R2-D2 (thanks DS)

And that doesn't even count any of the dang "patina/vintage" type variants.

None of the Targets around me are even stocking them anymore and I see that the 2007 Wave 1 case at EE is listed as CANCELLED

I just don't get it - Hasbro keeps announcing new figures, but where are all these new figures going to be sold?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2006, 11:11 AM »
More than that Jeff...There was an R2D2 exactly like the 2007 basic line one as a Titanium shown at the CC as well.
I couldn't believe they cancelled that wave either; I also noticed they bumped wave 5 all the way to June 2007 :P.
Wish I knew the diection of this line...while I really am into the line, any waves post wave 3 are a distro rarity at retail right now...and I've checked the market at several multiple retailers in 2 different locales :(

At least the IG88 is in stock at EE again finally.

DS