Author Topic: Saga Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter  (Read 48644 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Saga Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2006, 01:02 AM »
Blech ... avocado green, mustard gold, and orange?? It looks like what the ship would have been painted if Lucas had started with Ep I and AOTC was made in the '70s. Actually, scratch that--the ships in the OT never looked so dated as this (paradoxically).

Usually I am a fan of retro looks, but this color combination on a starfighter doesn't sit well with me at all. Fugly = pass.

Instead of reaching this far for Jedi starfighter repaints, what Hasbro should do is rerelease the aqua Delta-7 from the Clone Wars toyline and then do Saesee Tiin's green Eta-2 from season III of the Toon (I just checked, and I guess it is different from Anakin's green Eta-2 released earlier).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:15 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 1, 2006, 10:02 PM »
I want to get my hands on one of those aqua starfighters, I am nearly giving thought to leaving the hobby but I am slowly getting back into it.
I loved the obi Jedi Starfighter and I got to get an Eta-2 pretty soon.  :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #62 on: October 3, 2006, 09:30 AM »
you know whats weird: i have no real love for the ships/tanks. but my wife questions why i don't like them? and even goes as far as to say that she thinks i should get them, and still i don't. that's weird. almost as weird as releasing a starfighter that has never been depictited before one that was i.e Saesee Tiin,asajj ventress,darth maul......

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I think that Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter should have been an Eta-2 instead of a Delta-7.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2006, 11:33 PM »
maybe that way he would have been able to sit in it, maybe.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2006, 12:11 AM »
A question was asked about Fitso fitting in this ship & Hasbro said it did. Maybe we have to push farther.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2006, 10:27 AM »
A question was asked about Fitso fitting in this ship & Hasbro said it did. Maybe we have to push farther.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!  So basically Hasbro totally ******* up the compatibility of a vehicle to a figure is our fault for not pushing harder? 

I remember they tried that excuse a few years ago with the fiasco that was the Anakin and (particularly) Zam Airspeeders, saying that the figures do fit, but you just kind of have to force them in there, and even then it's not a good fit. 

It's this type of thinking that is alienating people who collect this line.  If you can't make something compatible with the rest of the line, and particularly if you can't make a ship compatible with a singular character whose name is attached to the vehicle to begin with, then don't make the vehicle.  I doubt that anyone was really clamoring for the Snot Rocket to begin with, so the fact that an unrequested vehicle that wasn't even in the films OR the cartoon series from which it is allegedly drawn was made with no figure compatibility whatsoever, AND Hasbro refuses to admit blame for the noncompatibility issues makes this vehicle one of the more ridiculous failures of concept in many years.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2006, 09:07 PM »

I was able to make Fisto sit in his fighter.  I had to pop his head of 1st but he fits.  Of course even a Jedi needs his head.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006, 11:37 AM »
maybe that way he would have been able to sit in it, maybe.

That is exactly why I said that Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter should have really been an Eta-2 and not a Delta-7.  So he could fit in and sit in it.  I also think there should really be more Eta-2 repaints than Delta-7 repaints.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006, 12:53 PM »

Yeah, I asked that one.  Eventually I figured a way to get the ROTS Kit Fisto to fit.  You have to fold the back part of the tunic skirt up and keep it in place with the head tails.  But what Hasbro probably didn't figure on is this:  There is so little give in fitting the figure like this into the cockpit that invariably the head tails are going to damage the sticker that's on the seatback.  Oh well.  ::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 1, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Haven't tried putting a Fisto in the ship myself, but I did notice the one in the fighter in the picture on the box. They didt it, I supose we can to.:P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 1, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I just picked up one of these Fighters at Target last night for $13.98!!! Havent put the labels on it yet. But it does look good out of the box so far.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 1, 2006, 01:32 PM »
I just picked up one of these Fighters at Target last night for $13.98!!! Havent put the labels on it yet. But it does look good out of the box so far.

It can also be found at 50% off as well as the Snowspeeder.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 1, 2006, 07:26 PM »

good to know. these are finally out en masse at the target two blocks from my house.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 1, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Had to go to 3 Targets to find this. When I did it was 13.98. Oh well better than 20.  ;D
I remember my dream now.