Author Topic: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben  (Read 19370 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2006, 03:50 AM »
Hey Ben,

I didn't comment at first because not being a Babylon 5 fan, I really didn't know what to make of the alien heads, although the sculpting was obviously top notch. These latest, though, really blow me away! From the verpine to the various Twileks, these look awesome! If you're casting these, count me in for a standing order!  :o

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Hi everyone,

I got another sculpt head for you today. This is the second more generic male Twi'lek sculpt. This one was aanother  quick one. I started this sculpt out by doing a clay impression of another gi joe head. Nothing really speacal about this head, that is why he made a great generic head. I cut the peg and hollowed out the head and stuck it on a han solo body. From this point on, I sculpted the rest. The only thing left of the joe is the eyes and mouth. everything else had to be modified for the Twi'lek.  This is what I came up with, the Twi'lek Rouge

I hope you enjoy. Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #47 on: April 4, 2006, 02:45 AM »
Well JMB I have to say that you've got a fan here that's for sure I'm really impressed with the way you keep doing these heads and the details as always is brillant.

Ron

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 5, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

I got another sculpt head for you today. This is the third generic male Twi'lek sculpt with the head tails swept back. This one was another  quick one. I started this sculpt out by doing a clay impression of another gi joe head that I had made a mold of long ago. Nothing really speacal about this head, that is why he made a great generic head. I cut the peg and hollowed out the head and stuck it on a han solo body. From this point on, I sculpted the rest. The only thing left of the joe is the eyes and mouth. everything else had to be modified for the Twi'lek.  This is what I came up with, the Twi'lek Rouge 2

I hope you will  enjoy.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 5, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Even more stunning than your skills is the speed at which you are able to sculpt these.

This is my favorite one by far. 

If you can sign me up for two of those please?   :)

:P

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 5, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Chewie,

Consider it done ;D. As soon as Bantha5 wax gets here, the sooner I can start the finnal process for casting. This project has been great for me, I just wish I had more loose figures arround so I am not using the same bodies over and over again when it is time to show the WIP. I don't know how many more female senators, female jedi, or male smuggler I can come up with (rouge 99 ;D). I am currently bidding on a loose lot of Jedis including the Obi Wan #55. I will know by tommarrow If I won it. Wish me luck ;D.

On a side note, I was looking up the Bothan and according to the Galaxey game, they are dwarf compared to humans. Is this right? If so, what body types would customizers use to fit the head with? Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks again Chewie,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 5, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Hmmm.... let me see if I can find a Bothan pic for you...

I don't know how much that helps though?

As for their size, I never thought they were tiny, but maybe about the size of an average woman?  Maybe 5'5" or so?  Just a guess.  And I think they are generally a little bit thinner than other species.

:P

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 6, 2006, 12:48 AM »
Chewie,

I found this group picture of almost all the aliens in Star Wars Galaxies game.

Notice how short the bothan is to the rest of the party. At the moment, I was thinking that a Zett body would fit the hight of a bothan. What do you think?

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 6, 2006, 09:54 AM »
I don't think those characters are portional to each other. Look how huge the girl in the slave outfit is compared to the wookiee in the background. I think Bothans are pretty much average height. Interesting ideas for customs though.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #54 on: April 6, 2006, 02:31 PM »
I don't think those characters are portional to each other. Look how huge the girl in the slave outfit is compared to the wookiee in the background. I think Bothans are pretty much average height. Interesting ideas for customs though.
Not to be too contrary, but I think that they are supposed to be proportional - it's a 'picture' 'taken' from a certain perspective where the human woman is standing out in front of all the rest - look where the feet are placed & the angle that the 'camera' is shooting from, and I think you'll see what I mean. It's a 3d rendering in forced (?) perspective. So the Bothan will not be exactly right when compared to the human, but is dead on w/ the other two (Darth Maul & Greedo's races) which are standing at exactly the same distance from the 'camera'

Just my $0.02... ;D

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 6, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who has provided some information about the Bothan size. According to "The Essential Guide to Alien Species" and the official Star Wars web site, Bothans average height is 1.5 meters (4.9 ft). According to the SWG WIKI (http://www.atombender.de/swgwiki/index.php/Homepage), the Bothan species average Height: 1.3 to 1.54 meters (4.26 ft to 5.05 ft). According to the Star Wars web site, Zett is 1.57 meters (5.15 ft). So in short, a Zett body would be the ideal height to do the Bothan Jedi. And it will be the bases for customize figures to match the anatomy of the Bothan.

Thanks again everyone, I have a Zett figure coming to me on loan for a teen age Twi'lek project, I can also do a Bothan head now as well. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 6, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Hey everyone,

Now that I got the Bothan question squared away now, I wanted to go back to a previous posting and give you all an update. Here she is, Yarna D'al Gargan! I have finished the sculpt on her ;D. I lengthen the back of her head and finished the detail on the back of the headdress. I am really happy how this turned out. Here are the front and back shots.

Now you are all wondering if I will include some sort of accessory. Would it be a staff like Leia had in the deluxe model?  Nah.... I decided to follow Hasbro's example with Oola when they gave her Salacious Crumb. I am going to include Hoover with my Yarna D'al Gargan!!! You will be able to kill two birds with this figure set in your Jabba's Palace diorama. Now how about that, lets see if Hasbro can top me ;D ;D ;D!

All joking a side, now that I finished the sculpt of her; I can make molds of the skirt and headdress and a new head mold in preparation for the wax when it arrives.

As always, all comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 6, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Any chances I can get on the list for a cast of this one? I would love to add her to my collection.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 8, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all another update on the Gargan. I was looking at her the other night and compared her to the refrence pictures and notice that the skirt drooped down arround her belly. I went a head and moved it, which ment I had to cut into the skirt and all that detail in order to get the right shape and look. I think it looks more like the movie character now and less like the Kenner mockup. In addition, I started the sculpt of her accessory, Hoover. I know at first glance it looks big compaired to the Gargan, but when I looked at the refrence photos of it being constructed by ILM, it was a big puppet. Of course I still have to do the detail wrinkles and such, but I think I have the right pose. Here is the pic:

I hope you enjoy.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 9, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Again your stuff is amazing Ben. Wow....

Wondering, since you are going to be making casts of heads for sale... any chance you may be selling a Gargan kit?

:)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 01:34 PM by CHEWIE »