Collectibles > Clone Wars '03-'05

The '03-'05 CW Line Never Ended

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jesse James:
Scorch is a wholely separate character from EU...  Rep Commando wasn't developed because of the toon but actually in an attempt to capitalize on a gaming niche's popularity instead, so I don't think I'd count it as Clone Wars...  If anything it took some finegaling by EU-ers to make the Commandoes fit with the ARCs, which is sort of funny.

I really am hoping for more film-accurate CW figures...  I'm not a big fan of the toon-look subline they created, but I think with the characters like the new ARC Troopers coming out, and Foul Moudama, that Hasbro can really do a good Clone Wars figure that fits with the rest of the film characters nicely.  The original line was so beyond the cartoons even that it just didn't look right...  Ironically, figures sculpted based on the toon, but realistic looking, did better than Hasbro's early efforts to sculpt characters from the films and make them cartoonish while keeping them "realistically" sculpted.  If that makes sense.

Brian:
You know, I have been re-watching the Clone Wars DVDs lately while running on the treadmill - and its really bringing back how much I enjoyed this series.  I know we're getting another (different?) animated version next year or 2008, but hopefully it fits in similarly.  Like Jesse and others have mentioned before, this really could have been/could be a nice sub-line of characters.  I like the idea of having "realistic" sculpts based on the toons, and wouldn't mind seeing it continue.

They might have got a little too funky with some of the "main characters" the first time around - with the odd outfit for Yoda being one example, but if they would just do normal versions of the figures, and base any additions/changes on the toon examples, I think it would be pretty cool.  I know I'd like to see a Yoda w/hood up packed in with his steed (not sure what it was called), a "realistic" Roron Corobb, and others.  It could really be a fun line.  I think it would do well with kids too, I know when I was young if I was watching this cartoon you could really have a lot of fun playing it out on your own with these figures.  Even using some previous figures as bases (ROTS Pilot Obi, Clonetroopers, Evolutions Anakin, etc.) they could have a nice line worked out.  Anyways - maybe a little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, I just think the Clone Wars figures/line would have some potential to be pretty neat.

CHEWIE:
The shirtless Anakin counts... along with Voolif Mon, Roron Corob, Foul Moudama, Yoda w/ Kybuck...

evenflow:
I have to agree with you and this is also part of why i dont consider it EU anymore. Its become part of the movies and is accepted.

Reid:

--- Quote from: evenflow on December 17, 2007, 06:50 PM ---I have to agree with you and this is also part of why i dont consider it EU anymore. Its become part of the movies and is accepted.

--- End quote ---

I still consider it EU, just because it is referenced in a movie, does not mean it is no longer EU. Look at the Holiday Special, with Boba's debut. That's still EU, despite Boba appearing later in ESB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version