Author Topic: The '03-'05 CW Line Never Ended  (Read 8994 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
The '03-'05 CW Line Never Ended
« on: March 18, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Of all the Spin-Off Star Wars toy Lines we've seen over the years the Clone Wars Line just keeps expanding. I know the Clone Wars Packaging has been Discontinued, but figures from this EU portion of Star Wars are stil being made.

Has anyone done a head count on all the Figures Based on the Clone Wars Saga?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:15 PM by Jeff »
Fritzkrieg

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars Line Never Ended
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:09 PM »
A. Basic Figures - 2003:

___ 03-42. Anakin Skywalker
___ 03-43. ARC Trooper
___ 03-44. Yoda
___ 03-45. Obi-Wan Kenobi
___ 03-46. Durge
___ 03-47. Asajj Ventress
___ 03-48. Mace Windu
___ 03-49. Kit Fisto
___ 03-50. Clone Trooper
___ 03-51. Saesee Tiin

B. Deluxe - 2003:

___ Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike
___ Commerce Guild Spider Droid
___ Durge w/ Swoop Bike

C. Multi-Packs:

Value Packs (WalMart) - 2003

___ ARC Trooper & Clone Trooper
___ Anakin Skywalker & Clone Trooper Lt (Blue)
___ Yoda & Clone Trooper Commander (Yellow)

Army Packs - 2003

___ Clone Trooper 3-Pack (White)
___ Clone Trooper 3-Pack (Blue)
___ Clone Trooper 3-Pack (Red)
___ Clone Trooper 3-Pack (Yellow)
___ Clone Trooper 3-Pack (Green)
___ Destroyer Droid 2-Pack
___ Droid Army 3-Pack
___ Jedi 3-Pack

4-Packs (Entertainment Earth) - 2005

___ White Clean Clone Troopers
___ White Battle-Damaged Clone Troopers
___ Colored Clean Clone Troopers
___ Colored Battle-Damaged Clone Troopers

D. Vehicles - 2003:

___ AAT Federation Tank
___ Anakin Skywalker's Starfighter
___ Command Gunship - Black
___ Geonosian Fighter w/ Geonosian Pilot
___ Hailfire Droid
___ Jedi Starfighter - Green

E. Animated Figures (Target) - 2003 - 2005:

___ Anakin Skywalker
___ Anakin Skywalker - Battle Damage
___ ARC Trooper
___ Asajj Ventress
___ Clone Trooper
___ Clone Trooper Captain (Red)
___ Clone Trooper Commander (Yellow)
___ Clone Trooper Lieutenant
___ Count Dooku
___ Durge
___ General Grievous
___ Mace Windu
___ Obi-Wan Kenobi
___ Yoda

F. Animated Figure DVD Packs (WalMart) - 2005:

___ Jedi Force Pack - Anakin, Obi-Wan, ARC Trooper
___ Sith Attack Pack - Asajj, Durge, Grievous
___ Volume 2 - Anakin, Clone, Saesee Tiin
___ Volume 2 - Cmdr Cody, Grievous, Obi-Wan

G. The Saga Collection - 2006:

___ Saga-029 Foul Moudama
___ Padme Amidala - Snow - Target Exclusive (if the rumour is true)

I think that covers everything from the 3 3/4" line...

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:20 AM »
What about scorch? I know he wasnt in the clone wars series, but he and possible other Republic Commandos were a part of the clone wars.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:25 PM »
What about scorch? I know he wasnt in the clone wars series, but he and possible other Republic Commandos were a part of the clone wars.

Yes , I'd have to agree w/ you there, and Don't forget about the Anakin (Ripped Shirt), Asaj Ventress (Repaint), and Obiwan (Trooper Armor) that came w/ the Battle Pack.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Theres also the upcoming ARC 5 pack and the ARC Gunship!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:50 PM »
Scorch is a wholely separate character from EU...  Rep Commando wasn't developed because of the toon but actually in an attempt to capitalize on a gaming niche's popularity instead, so I don't think I'd count it as Clone Wars...  If anything it took some finegaling by EU-ers to make the Commandoes fit with the ARCs, which is sort of funny.

I really am hoping for more film-accurate CW figures...  I'm not a big fan of the toon-look subline they created, but I think with the characters like the new ARC Troopers coming out, and Foul Moudama, that Hasbro can really do a good Clone Wars figure that fits with the rest of the film characters nicely.  The original line was so beyond the cartoons even that it just didn't look right...  Ironically, figures sculpted based on the toon, but realistic looking, did better than Hasbro's early efforts to sculpt characters from the films and make them cartoonish while keeping them "realistically" sculpted.  If that makes sense.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 10:32 AM »
You know, I have been re-watching the Clone Wars DVDs lately while running on the treadmill - and its really bringing back how much I enjoyed this series.  I know we're getting another (different?) animated version next year or 2008, but hopefully it fits in similarly.  Like Jesse and others have mentioned before, this really could have been/could be a nice sub-line of characters.  I like the idea of having "realistic" sculpts based on the toons, and wouldn't mind seeing it continue.

They might have got a little too funky with some of the "main characters" the first time around - with the odd outfit for Yoda being one example, but if they would just do normal versions of the figures, and base any additions/changes on the toon examples, I think it would be pretty cool.  I know I'd like to see a Yoda w/hood up packed in with his steed (not sure what it was called), a "realistic" Roron Corobb, and others.  It could really be a fun line.  I think it would do well with kids too, I know when I was young if I was watching this cartoon you could really have a lot of fun playing it out on your own with these figures.  Even using some previous figures as bases (ROTS Pilot Obi, Clonetroopers, Evolutions Anakin, etc.) they could have a nice line worked out.  Anyways - maybe a little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, I just think the Clone Wars figures/line would have some potential to be pretty neat.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:04 PM by Brian »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:45 PM »
The shirtless Anakin counts... along with Voolif Mon, Roron Corob, Foul Moudama, Yoda w/ Kybuck...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 06:50 PM »
I have to agree with you and this is also part of why i dont consider it EU anymore. Its become part of the movies and is accepted.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 04:06 PM »
I have to agree with you and this is also part of why i dont consider it EU anymore. Its become part of the movies and is accepted.

I still consider it EU, just because it is referenced in a movie, does not mean it is no longer EU. Look at the Holiday Special, with Boba's debut. That's still EU, despite Boba appearing later in ESB.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Why is there ALWAYS a debate over what's EU and what's film accurate?  Lucas has done am amazing job of not messing up the continuity despite hundreds of comics, cartoons, novels, video games, etc.  If it says Star Wars, its part of the star wars timeline and universe - just accept it!  Doesn't mean you have to buy things from outside the movie, but a debate over what's EU versus Film-Accurate from the Clone Wars is kind of pointless isn't it?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:13 PM »
I think if you really don't like much of the EU, you're of a different opinion...  I'm 50/50 on EU appreciation, so I appreciate that Lucasfilm's own stance is "anything but the movies is NOT canon".  Though it's really just a general confusion of the lingo...  The "canon" is just the established basis by Lucas through the films of what's "fact" (for lack of a better term for it, obviously), while everything else is basically there for you to appreciate or to ignore... 

It's kind of like some of the books not written by J.R.R. Tolkien about Middle-Earth, in that they're often ignored, overlooked, or whatever you want to call it, by Tolkien purists...  He didn't write it, he didn't control it, so they don't consider it part of the fiction he created, despite it being written to fit in perfectly or not...

And Lucas has NOT done a good job keeping everything separate, trust me...  If you look through EU closely, it's filled with tons of things that conflict the films.  They can be BS'd to fit, much the same way people feel they BS the OT to fit into the PT (or the reverse) too much...  Lots of stuff doesn't fit, a lot even outright clashes really, but it's neither here nor there.

For me, I prefer the way Lucasfilm has set it up from a fan's standpoint...  You pick what you like, you ignore what you don't, and ultimately nobody's really "right" or "wrong" in an argumen.

Lucasfilm has just seen fit to separate it between the canon (the films), and the continuity (everything else)...  I'm ok with that.  In the canon, and AT-AT is 20+ meters tall.  In the continuity it's listed at 15 meters...  There are clearly differences, no matter how small or large.

I mean, hell, Lucas himself has had to be PERSUADED to accept EU into his canon universe...  Coruscant wouldn't be Coruscant if it was up to the flanneled one...  LFL had to push that with him due to it being established by Timothy Zahn prior to the PT's naming of the Imperial Capitol planet...  So EU is what it is, and will never be part of the canon...  And to me, that will always include Clone Wars, as it's not something Lucas is 100% involved with, writing, or steering.  It's pretty close though, kind of like the novelizations.  I'd say closer than any random comic or novel...  But I still won't look at it as any better or worse than a game, a novel, a comic, or some such.  It just happens to be one of those EU things I truly love in every way.  Fantastic stuff...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 08:08 AM »
I love EU and clone wars, i just was saying the the Clone Wars cartoons and upcoming series will really jump from EU to being just part of the movies. I wish the same would happen with Shadows of the Empire.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Well I have basically accepted EU and don't get worked up over it anymore.  I like some EU stuff and other stuff not so much.  I am tired of getting all upset over the prequels as well.  With all that being said I still prefer stuff from the OT.  But my acceptance of the PT and all the other EU has definately grown more and more over the past few years.  I think it's because we have gotten so much OT stuff over the years over and over again.  I just think the PT and EU freshens up the franchise.  I am sure people don't like it and think it stinks up the franchise but oh well. 

Anyway I look forward to the Clone Wars next fall and all that comes with it. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 02:07 AM »
When it comes to the toys, I'm less picky on EU, which is funny...  For instance, I think Darth Bane is quite lame, but I'm pretty pumped for the figure.  Just looks cool, well made...  Don't know why I'm easily pleased with that kind of stuff.  I just dont' care for the character, but as a toy it's cool.  Weird, eh?

Same would go for the "Mandalore".  I couldn't care less about it, honestly, and probably would've preferred a definitive mini-Boba actually, but that figure does look cool, so I'm happy to get it.  Probably the same reason I'm not bothered by kickass black ARC Troopers...  I suppose that makes me the "problem" in the line though, as I'm the guy that is easily amused, as long as the figure itself is high quality (articulation up to snuff, good sculpt, etc.).

For that reason, I'm usually happy with CW figures we're offered...  Foul Moudama let me down some, but that's mostly due to the arms not being poseable, nor capable of holding a lightsaber without a rubber band helping out. :(