Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143477 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 02:56 AM »
Lots of figures I want...

SA Fleet, Hoth, and Endor Trooper...
Hermi Odle
SA Death Star Trooper
Sgt. Doallyn
New SA Kyle Katarn

I've got tons I want, but Hermi Odle's probably the single weirdest figure I want at this point
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 03:25 AM »
Lots of figures I want...

SA Fleet Trooper...

It'll still suck... ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 07:40 AM »
After all the pleading over the years for the Tonnika's and ICMG, if they were ever made they would rival Shmee Skywalker's peg warming skills.   :-\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 07:47 AM by Darth Tedious »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 09:31 AM »
My guess is that either CZ-3, Hermi or Yarna will win...I just hope ICMG makes the top 25!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 09:44 AM »
I'm glad the fan choice is back, but given the scope of voting for any character is pretty daunting.

I'd vote for any uproduced vintage character.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13 AM »
My guess is that either CZ-3, Hermi or Yarna will win...I just hope ICMG makes the top 25!

That's what I would expect too.  It is hard to choose just one, when there are "no limits" so to speak with character selection.  So many figures we'd like to see, from super articulated troopers and main characters, to supporting characters, to "blink and you'll miss them" type figures.  I guess we have to probably go with "weird" or figures that probably wouldn't get a chance otherwise.  I mean, of course I want a SA Biker Scout, SA Snowtrooper, SA Endor Han, etc., etc....but you have to figure they at least have a chance of being made anyways.  I think I'm leaning towards either Hermi or the ICMG, but there are a lot of great choices out there.  It would be nice to see ICMG just make a good showing, for Scott and for our whole community here at JD :).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Its too bad we dont definitely know what else is showing up, so we could rule any of these out.  Its going to suck that a lot of votes may be wasted for figures already scheduled to come out. 

Hermi is my Most Wanted, but i'm hearing that this is going to come out anyways.  I always feel that figs that have no shot in hell of being made should be concentrated for these polls.  Wioslea would be interesting I think as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I voted for Quinlin Vos.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Clicky here to vote

I cast my vote for ICMG.  It needs to happen so my pal Scotty can see his dream realized...  ;D

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I voted for Dash Rendar.  ;D

But who says I may not sneak in another vote for ICMG? ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I want to vote for CZ-3 but with that GREEN DOME DROID from ANH as a pack-in.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 06:45 PM by Darth Tedious »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I voted for Noa.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't love the format of this new Fan's Choice Poll.  It just seems overly-broad to me, and not nearly focused enough to work well.  That includes the second/final round too, where there will be a whopping 25 figures to choose from, as opposed to the usual five.

I'm guessing Hasbro may be using this as more than just an average Fan Poll though, and that they may be trying to gauge the interest in many new figures for the line overall, and not just one Fan Poll figure.  If I'm correct in that theory, then this would be a much better tool than I'm currently thinking it is.  I'd love it if they gave us the winning figure as a Fan's Choice figure, but then tried to (subtly) get us some of the other popular figures in the top 25 as part of the regular line, without necessarily saying they used this poll to pick them.  So that'd certainly be cool if they wised up and used this poll for even more.

That said, I voted for Yarna D'al Gargan, or however the hell you spell her name.  I think she's my #1 choice left at this point, though Hermi Odle, CZ-3, and a few of the remaining Cantina aliens would follow closely behind.  So hopefully one of those wins, but then Hasbro also decides to pimp us the rest of them too, after seeing where they wind up in the overall poll.

One thing though, based on what Darth Tedious just mentioned, I'm not sure how well they'll accept "2-pack" nominations, so you may run the risk of having your vote rejected if you do something like that.  I dunno.  I know it's fun to include those in our informal polls on the fan sites and stuff, since you've got nothing to lose, but Hasbro may say - nope, that's 2 figures there, so that vote doesn't count.  So choose cautiously...  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I do agree that it's very broad... and I do think this is a bit of a market research ploy by them to see what other characters people are interested in.  I think that when they start seeing a trend going, for a character like Quinlin Vos, Noa, Graga, or whoever, that might add in a handful of characters that they didn't think people would want and we might get more characters in late 2006 or early 2007 that aren't necessarily dubbed as "fan choices" but are influenced by the votes.

:P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:11 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Since I was one of the first 30 or so people to sign the ICMG petition, I decided it was only right to go ahead and submit my vote for WILLROW HOOD, aka, Ice Cream Maker Guy.