I beg to differ Jeff, Scorch is not a good figure. I'm still fuming over the lameass articulation on his legs. So close yet so far.
That's the problem with JD, no love, so harsh, just all around cranky. I'd rate it a 9.4-9.6, at least.
I think there's some interesting stuff on the list and I'm not nearly so anti-EU, but I think Jeff makes some great points. I'd also like to see the fans do to Hasbro what Hasbro has done to us so often - stick it to 'em.
We get tons of figures so close, yet so far. We get more than enough POS figures as well and rehashes that could be really nice if done properly, but seldom are.
No, I'd like to really mess with them and make a figure that most casual collectors wouldn't really want made. I like the ICMG figure idea for lots of reasons:
- the petition was started by a friend of mine
- the petition has a considerable number of signatories considering the utter irrelevance of the character
- the figure won't be made any other way - a pile of those figures will get made otherwise, Hasbro has the license until 2018 or some nonsense like that (I think as they milk the license they'll do exactly what Jeff would like to see), Quinlan Vos, Padme galore, any and all of the clones, Yarna, etc. will all be done
- my vote would go to Mara Jade were it not for Willrow, but wait, I actually already have a Mara figure I like
- most importantly Hasbro would get the shaft by making the next version of Lobot, stuck on the pegs for quite some time.
Now I don't happen to think there's any honesty or integrity in this process at all, so poor Willrow will never see the light of day. This thing will be as fixed as fixed can be, so something with Darth
will be in the title of the eventual winner
I have no problem that they made him. But, I would have rather had a wave of Republic Commando figures or a box set of all 4 figures rather than buying the solo Scorch now and waiting for he rest of his squad. I mean, he looks fine in my Arena scene, but he'd look ever better posed with the rest of his squad.
Can you smeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll the EE exclusive?
You know it's coming. Be here by Christmas.