Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143765 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Wow!  I had not read this thread lately.  Who would thought Willrow would have stirred up so much?    Vos versus Hood for the vote of the century.  Who would have guessed? 

It looks to me like we have a choice between a long haired Jedi who sits on his rear end while a brawl breaks out right in front of his eyes and he litterally does nothing to solve it.  Even though he is a Jedi who I assume is a peacemaker if he's followed the Jedi code and is a skilled negotiator as Jedi are supposed to be. Instead he would have let Sebulba (a known bully) pound Jar-Jar (an obvious innocent) into "orange goo".  Sigh.   

Or we have a man who obeys his Administrator and takes action when he is told to leave the city immediately since the evil Empire has arrived.  He only has time to pick up one belonging his ice cream maker and makes a mad dash to save his life.  At least he did what he was told to do unlike someone who does  not do anything when faced with a situation that he is trained to help with.

You can choose between a man of action like Willrow Hood.  Or a man of inaction like Quinlan "sit on my bootie and do nothing" Vos. 

I think the choice is simple my friends. 

Yes, I am just trying to have some fun with this.  I don't really mind who wins the entire poll.  Although since I opted for Hermi Odle I hope he makes it!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Hermie Odle would be fine with me, I would love for them to finally make that figure.

One thing though about Vos, I believe that really isn't supposed to be Vos in EPI.  Just a guy sitting there and that design was later used to create the character of Quinlan.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53 PM »
One thing though about Vos, I believe that really isn't supposed to be Vos in EPI.  Just a guy sitting there and that design was later used to create the character of Quinlan.

You are correct that the character of Vos was based on the look of that EpI extra. However, since his first comic it's been well established that the EpI dude IS Vos on Tatooine, not just someone who looks similar to him.

Although it wasn't the case that Vos was purposely inserted into EpI as an EU reference, since the character wasn't even created until after the film.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:54 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2006, 05:06 PM »
My write-in vote was for Skorr, the bounty hunter Solo said they "ran into on Ord Mantell". I looked over the finalists the other day, and pretty quickly eliminated EU characters. I skipped the ones I figre would definitely get made eventually anyway, and anyone I didn't care for ... then ended up voting for Yarna.

There are 9 or 10 I'd like to see made, though.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2006, 05:46 PM »
I voted for Corran Horn at the begining and voted for him again. Will he get made?? Probably not. Will ICMG, maybe in a couple of years. Yarna (say it with me) Pegwarmer..

No, I beleive the voting is just a scam by Hasbro. They are sitting on Vos' already produced and packaged, it's all about timing. Voting ends figure with released date are annouced and *poof* Vos wins and shows up shortpacked in the cases towards the end of the year.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2006, 12:21 AM »
I see Adam Pawlus is now ripping on ICMG

FIN

Originally here I had this big long thing about Fan's Choice, but as I already have no sense of humor about the notion of voting in a joke character-- unless you really want to buy it-- why bother?

Wasn't this the same guy who made a big joke out of BoShek and got him made?  And what should magically appear in the lastest EE exclusive, but BoShek's droid!

Wow, talk about condescending

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2006, 12:28 AM »
And what should magically appear in the lastest EE exclusive, but BoShek's droid!

Elaborate please, Scott?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2006, 12:37 AM »
R4-E1 the red astromech is supposedly BoShek's droid according to the little bio on the back of the 2nd boxed set.

"This is the way."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42 AM »

This is BoShek's droid according to EU...Adam Pawlus got to make this exclusive and included BoShek's droid

His whole schtick back in the day is that he basically got BoShek made because he kept saying it would never happen.  Sort of a "I dare you to make this figure I want to see made"

Me, having much less pull and no ear of the company can't pull the same trick, and so I resort to humor and petitions (which he helped start BTW as I pointed out in Page 1 of the Vote for Willrow thread)

I just find the attitude condescending, sort of a "I'm the only one who can get an obscure figure made" sort of a deal

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2006, 12:46 AM »
I see.

Don't vote for Adam Pawlus. Vote for Quinlan Vos instead.

VOS IS BOSS in '06!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I see Adam Pawlus is now ripping on ICMG

FIN

Originally here I had this big long thing about Fan's Choice, but as I already have no sense of humor about the notion of voting in a joke character-- unless you really want to buy it-- why bother?

Wasn't this the same guy who made a big joke out of BoShek and got him made?  And what should magically appear in the lastest EE exclusive, but BoShek's droid!

Wow, talk about condescending

Yeah, that is kind of interesting.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2006, 02:49 PM »
I voted for Iium Padme, I didn't vote for ICMG because I know he is going to win by a landslide.  Nobody will vote for Darth Maul.

Offline IndianaVader

• Youngling
  • Senior Awsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Well, out of boredom I made this little banner supporting the character I want made.  Feel free to use in your posts, websites, etc.

Vote Bastila: The Ultimate JILF. ;)

_Max
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:25 PM by IndianaVader »
"So... could you blow up the world?"
"Egad, I hope not!  That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Vote for Vos, a figure already being tooled by Hasbro.  Be a good sheep. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Vote for Vos, a figure already being tooled by Hasbro.  Be a good sheep. 

Baaa!
I remember my dream now.