Author Topic: Fan's Choice Returns - 2006 ToyFare Poll  (Read 143718 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fan's Choice Returns
« Reply #375 on: July 7, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Controversy, I smell it. It appears that this is going to turn out just the way I thought with an expanded universe (2?) fig being made because ' what? ICMG? we can't dare make him!'. All likely predetermined with Hasbro. Think about it... Expanded universe 2 packs already coming that we heard about ::). With little imagination it fits right in ..look, see- 2 figs are being made(sounds like they're EX. Universe too)... A fan choice Ex. universe 2 pack in the works :P, lame. Preplanned, I fear, the winner(s) were. A Jaina and Jacen 2 pack? I felt all along Q. Voss or another Ex Univ. would be made. My 58 votes for ICMG(from different IP's) are wasted, though I wonder that if only a handful of folks could get that many votes for him on their own or more how the results came to be :-\.

I guess it's suspiciously coincidentaly? easier since Hasbro already as Ex universe plans coming up anyway. Hmmmm

I really hope sadistically that a Mara/Katarn 2 pack gets made...figs that we've already gotten, that would be fun!

The DS

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 9, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Cool!....Aaak!That 6 boob lady is likely to win! :-\
I hope some EU character wins (one of the Solos would be sweet as well as Mara & that droid).
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 9, 2006, 07:42 PM »
If Yarna wins, I will be furious. She will be the ultimate pegwarmer of ALL TIME. The Neimoidian Warrior will seem like Commander Cody as far as rare-ness compared to Yarna!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 9, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Personally, I'm not believeing anything until I see the magazine or see a scan of the magazine that says who wins. I'm not trying to rag on TheJawa, or any other site, but any website can make a post saying they have connections to the editor and know who will and won't be made.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 9, 2006, 08:44 PM »
Well, Mr. Curto really does have connections, and he has leaked some info here and there, so you just never know!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #380 on: July 9, 2006, 11:09 PM »
If Yarna wins, I will be furious. She will be the ultimate pegwarmer of ALL TIME. The Neimoidian Warrior will seem like Commander Cody as far as rare-ness compared to Yarna!

She would sell just as well as the previous fan choice winner. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 9, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Vos won, but since they're already making him, they chose the 2nd place winner which was Darth Revan according to here, (3rd reply up from the bottom)

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2017919&st=25
« Last Edit: July 9, 2006, 11:15 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #382 on: July 9, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Vos won, but since they're already making him, they chose the 2nd place winner which was Darth Revan according to here, (3rd reply up from the bottom)

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2017919&st=25

Damn you beat me to it, they also mentioned Carnor Jax is revealed to be the mystery figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #383 on: July 9, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Overwhelmingly? That's a surprise... No OT winners, then? I'll be disapointed if this is true.

Why? Besides the McQuarrie Stormie (which you could still consider OT), all the winner's of the fan's choice in the past has been OT.

Uh... yea, that's exactly my point.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 9, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Yes! I'm so glad a KOTOR character won!

Now maybe they'll make a KOTOR line to go with Revan. 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: July 9, 2006, 11:55 PM »
While Revan certainly looks cool I can't help but notice not many people voted for him...I smell something fishy as well

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Personally, I'm not believeing anything until I see the magazine or see a scan of the magazine that says who wins. I'm not trying to rag on TheJawa, or any other site, but any website can make a post saying they have connections to the editor and know who will and won't be made.

Considering the fact that you're now being answered by the person who wrote the article for The Jawa, perhaps I can offer some insights to you.  

If you bothered to read THE ARTICLE, you would note that the information in that piece is directly attributed to Zach Oat, the Managing Editor of ToyFare magazine.  ToyFare is the chief body that is running the current Fan's Choice Poll.  

You'll also notice that there are direct quotes attributed to the aforementioned Mr. Oat.  Now, if you're questioning the veracity of the piece, by all means, please PM me and I'll supply you with his email address and you can ask him if he really said those things.  I'm sure that if you choose to pursue that, it'll be the source of many a laugh when I see him at a party next weekend.   ;D

Well, Mr. Curto really does have connections, and he has leaked some info here and there, so you just never know!

I've actually been in contact with Dan regarding this story.  He has the same sources I do.  Not going to trust him?

I'm not trying to rag on TheJawa, or any other site

You know, when people say this or write this, MAYBE there is the intention not to rag on someone....but if a person needs to preface their statement with those words, then they're doing just that.  Have a nice day.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 12:23 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Saw the post at TNI.  I'm not prone to believing it just because of the source.  I actually know who that guy is.  He's a known scalper in my area and a known liar.  I'll reserve my judgement until I actually see a hardcopy or a scan of the issue.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 12:17 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2006, 01:54 AM »
I really hope that is the case, because Revan IMO needs to have a customizable figure made of him/her. At least a male and female body version, but I would like the different head variations (15 each or something like that) too. That is the only way Hasbro will make me happy with this character. Ball-joint articulation is a must and many accessories too.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2006, 07:47 AM »
Darth Revan ???  Never heard of him.  I wonder how fixed the voting was for this?