Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63360 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Alternate Universe Dooku or another Senator Sith, you decide ;) This was a quickie one I did to have another badie and to use up some fodder I had laying around.

"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
What's a guy got to do to get you all to leave feedback nowadays? Used to be I could just post some pics and within the next few hours you'd have lots of helpful feedback from all kinds of other customizers. Now I post 4 or 5 updates in a row and get zero feedback on the last 4, within a time period of about 3 days. I'm not trying to make you come and say good job, I'm trying to get people to come give advice, feedback, ask questions, and give constructive critism... but that person who says it looks good is welcome too ;)
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
The early part of the week is the best time for people to commnet when you post towards the end of hte week, people are busy at work, and I just skim at the end of the week mostly.

That  Drawing is incredible, it looks great,  so does the punisher mando. Looks really cool I'd say use olive greens for the green and some darker colors for camo, and then weather accordingly.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Yea, I understand but some of these were posted earlier in the week. As for the drawing, it's not mine. someone did it on an art site. Thanks for your post though  :)
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
I gotta say, that is one sweet looking Cody. One of the best ive seen actually.

He looks like he's been through hell and back, as he SHOULD. Excellent work my man.

Excellent paint job on that Punisher Mando. HTe only thing that really throws it off, at least in my opinion, is the body. Its no offense to your skills, thats just a horrible body. All I want to know is what happend with that fig? All the rest look great, why did old Frank get the shaft?

The details that you put on it are great the chest armor is especially well done.

the Dooku looks good too. Id call that one " Sith Training Dooku" ;D
The Ki ADi arms work well with that body. The design is pretty good on this one.

Keep em coming.

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Cool Cody and Fem-Mando.  the Punisher is great to.  I like the Pilot Mando, Punisher Mando and the Fem Mando more then your other Mandos because they are not just repaints (but the repaints are clean and well done) so to me it looks like more effort was put into them as their paint apps are great to.

When is your next updat for the Mando Dropship?  I am dying to see how it'll turn out.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks both of you :) I'm accually still working on the mando ship. I've got this hole week to customize though so the next update should be Wednesday maybe? After that you all can help me name the ship and see what kind of mando saying i should put on it maybe. Then I'll weather it and it'll be done  8)

Whew I'm glad its the beggining of the week so maybe I'll get some more feedback :P

BTW, OT kinda: Star Wars Empire at War is so awesome in space battles.

And Ennis as for why I used the punisher body, I just thought the head would look cool and I wanted to try sculpting mando armor on a very articulated body.
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Mando Medic
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Another Mandalorian I did. This was just a simple one to use of the old mando body I had in my fodder bin. I added some gear from a dollar tree figure medic, so maybe this is a mandalorian medic? Oh and incase you couldn't tell, the mando isn't really as bright as it looks in the pictures... the flash kind of screwed them up. Maybe some new pics tomorrow in the sunlight. :) Comments VERY welcome.

-CHEWIE

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - Another Update June 27, Mando Medic
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I like all the gear you added, but i think the red color is too bright for a Mando. I would suggest weathering him a little.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Like I said, it's the flash. I've weathered him with some scratches, black paint, and metal colored paint already so I think that's enough. Thanks though :) btw rorron check your pms.
-CHEWIE

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2006, 10:30 PM »
i like this mando. all the extra gear goes really well with the figure. the weathering looks good, and though the red isn't a traditional mando color, i think it works really well for this figure. good job.

it'd be cool to see a mando team, like seals, ithink this figure would be cool in some type of group like that. medic, explosives, sniper, engenieer, communications, weapons, team leader, ect....
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2006, 10:37 PM »
I think Jedistyle is on to something. It would be a great crew for that dropship you made.

I kinda like this guy, Im such a sucker for black and red.I think a couple more pouches like say on his chest or so and maybe some kind of symbol would make him stand out more as a medic. But thats just what I'd do.

Its ironic actually I have a mando myself that is almost exactly this color scheme. It's really wild because its the exact same figure too. I've never posted him though. So aparantly great minds think alike.

Good job.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2006, 10:38 PM »
If it is the flash, then I would suggest natural lighting for your pictures. Other than that I like this Mando.
roron corobb

PS: Reply sent to your pm.
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2006, 08:24 AM »
Thanks everyone :) Now that it's morning I went out and took some pics in the sunlight.

-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CommanderKorbra' Customs - New Mando Medic pics, Update June 28
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Quick Update, Mando ship done and about to be dullcoated. The second mandalorian in the Mandalore vs Mandalore picture is almost done. And finally, you sadly wont be hearing anymore about my female mandalorian untill the end of summer. By that time I (hopefully) will ahve had enough time to cast her 4 times(each time with a few variations) and paint her 4 different schemes. I'll then have a 4 person squad of goodlooking female mandalorians :P I think it'll be really cool if my casting stuff comes in and everything goes as planned.

Pics of dropship soon.
-CHEWIE