Author Topic: CommanderKorbra's Customs - Making sure the topic isn't gone...  (Read 63562 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
This one was fun to make and (to me at least) fits right in with the other Hasbro jedi. Aayla Secura was the base (d'oh) and I used Shaak Ti's skirt and right arm. Repainted everything but the legs under the skirt. LMKWYT -

Oh and I'm almost done with the first casted female mando. This is the one that won't have hardly any articulation. The next one should be better. Almost finished with the original female mando too. Hope yall like it even though it took forever and everyone else made a female mando too...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:17 PM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Looks great!
The brown and green go together well and the skirt adds a nice touch.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Great job on the nice repaint and switcharoo.  It really gives a fresh look with the different color skin and arms. 

My only suggestion would be to maybe paint the straps that wrap around the twi-lek's lekku.  Other than that, top-notch custom.  8)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks you two :)

I didn't forget about painting the lekku straps, I just wanted you all's opinion on what color to paint them. Any sugesstions?
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Well, as Straxus mentioned, the brown and green really do compliment and contrast each other, so I would say go with a brown like you've used, or maybe even is you have a gold or brassy color - similar to the color of the belt and straps, that mike look nice.   :)

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
female mandos almost always look awsome....if youve spent ages on it then i have no doubt yours will be great...lookin forward to it!!!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Haha I haven't truly spent ages on them, its that I spent ages waiting for a chance to order the casting stuff and then waiting for the stuff to arrive so i could cast the torsos.

If anyone is really keeping track, forget everytihng I mentioned about low articulation, I'm making these babes SA. Number 1 is almost finished with the first coats of paints but no details yet. Same with Number 2. 3's recipe is in my head but not put together yet, and 4 is the same except I don't know what to use for some arms.
-CHEWIE

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Hey guys. This is my completed Version 2 female mandalorian. She is the first in a squad of 4. The second in the squad is completed but doesn't have a head so I can't post pics yet. This custom took a lot of brainstorming and work. I believe I was the first to acually make a female mandalorian custom, and to tell the truth it was only like my 3rd ever custom so it was pretty bad. aeseven7 then made one, and Darth_Ennis after that. I remember seeing one on FFURG and another on Rebelscum. And now after improving my skills and seeing the other great female mandalorians of the customizers mentioned above, I decided to make a version 2. The WIP thread of this custom can be seen here as well as a pic of the first version I did. Okay enough of the boring background info, here's the pics :)

-CHEWIE

Offline ars30

• Youngling
  • What is Understood_ Doesn't need to be Discussed
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
Great to See V2 Finished. Great Overall Job on Concept and Sculpting. Now All You Need Is The Flowers In Her Hair And She'll Be Ready For Her Marriage :P

Allen
P.S. Sending You A PM About Your Mold

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks ars. I didn't take a side pic but I did acually paint flowers in her hair, but its just that - painted on not sculpted on sadly. BTW:

I think most of you know what I based this custom on, but if not here is the ref pic, taken from the Wookieepedia:

That's the big pic, a smaller less detailed version was pictured in Star Wars Insider a few months back.
-CHEWIE

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Very cool! Great work! More female Mandos!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks dude.

Update posted on all the sites in my threads: I've got the second one in her squad almost 95% done. She needs a good female head that will fit under a jango helmet. And I've got to drill a small hole in the back so that she can wear the jetpack I made for her. Any help on the head is very very much appreciated. Remember, the faster yall come up with some heads, the faster I can get one and glue it on to finish #2 up.
-CHEWIE

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
ive stated work on the male in that picture...not quite sure what body to use but the is going to be a saga vintage han head with beard sculpted on and a repaint (the body will probably end up being a votc fettt if i can get any more)...btw awsome figure...i absolutly love this mando (is no# 2 based on her aswell or are you going for a fan fic femando
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks. To clarify, "version 1" was my first version of the yellow female. "v2" is the second and mostly final version of her. V2 also happens to be number 1 in the squad of 4 female mandos im making. "number2" is the second female in that squad. It's a fanfic paint job and its done. I just need to get some good pics. 3 is on hold at the moment because I've got some other things I need to do. Other things in life and other things in customizing to do before I hit the 3rd one in the female mando squad.

I've got two male mando repaints almost done and a jedi almost done too. As well as a clone thats kinda half way done. I want to get all those done before #3 in the squad.
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
IS this the one you molded?? It's beautiful. I cant wait to see the rest of the squad. Excellent job CK.

BTW thatns for the name drop. I appreciate that. ;D